hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers mate. That's kind of what I was thinking it would be like, I was just a wee bit unsure of the wifi part. I'm going to order one this week and if it works ok I will cancel my virgin package.
    Sorry I meant my mate is going to order one this week and cancel his Virgin package

Whichever one you buy from, they will always try and tell you they are glitch free. They do lie, every so often maybe a couple of times a night the picture will freeze for a couple of seconds. Its hardly warrants talking about really, but its about the only bad point my mate could say about them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So does it get all the channels like Atlantic and PPV?

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    So does it get all the channels like Atlantic and PPV?
    Everything that sky throws out, plus setanta sports and setanta ireland. The mayweather fights free too.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Wifi works very well on the skybox f5s, but i upgraded to a Zgemma dual tuner a couple of months ago, sorry my mate upgraded to one of them a couple of months ago and its wired through an ethernet cable.

You can watch one side and record another, it does series link and has a great epg very similar to sky.

You will pay around £140-150 for that box and a years gift, my friends supplier gets £40 sent to him every year to keep the box going sent by paypal, he's currently around 4-5 years into his gift packages.

I had a little read up on them on wifi, and apparently they do work on it.

Its exactly the same as wiring a normal sky box up, the only thing thats different is it needs to be connected to your router, that it.
    Don't suppose you know which model your friend has, do you? The two I've found are the Star H1 and the S2. The descriptions might as well be written in Russian for all the sense they make to me though so just wondered if there was much to choose between them. And would a total technophibe be able to actually set the thing up? Cheers

A technophobe who can't even spell it

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Don't suppose you know which model your friend has, do you? The two I've found are the Star H1 and the S2. The descriptions might as well be written in Russian for all the sense they make to me though so just wondered if there was much to choose between them. And would a total technophibe be able to actually set the thing up? Cheers

He reliably informs me its the ZGEMMA-STAR 25.

Tell him thanks very much :

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    My ex burd Has told me to get a Maiz box for a one off payment off £130...She assures me you can watch fitba on a Saturday with games that kick off at 3pm! Along with a zillion other channels..No monthly subscriptions either So tomorrow i cancel sky sports...Sky movies...And multi room..And my bill goes from £105 a month to just under £50!!

I was always going to do this when they chucked that bill through my door charging me £4 extra a month i was just biding my time and weighing up my options.

See ya Sky and welcome Maiz box

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    My ex burd Has told me to get a Maiz box for a one off payment off £130...She assures me you can watch fitba on a Saturday with games that kick off at 3pm! Along with a zillion other channels..No monthly subscriptions either So tomorrow i cancel sky sports...Sky movies...And multi room..And my bill goes from £105 a month to just under £50!!

I was always going to do this when they chucked that bill through my door charging me £4 extra a month i was just biding my time and weighing up my options.

You'll get made an offer to keep your existing package.

There's no way that Sky will allow someone to more than halve their bill without a fight.

You dont need a Maiz box to get all those things, everything those boxes do can be done with your computer or laptop.

Also they are not stable and have lots of buffering and the sites you go on often disappear. Read this thread and you will know which is the best box to get.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    That box just hooks into streams that are already on the internet, you'll get dead links, buffering and a poor quality picture.

Andy cheers for coming last night and installing the box mate..It's defo gonna take me a week or so to get to grips with the tv guide and changing the channel over as i'm so used to using Sky's menu.

You can record mate but i can i get a 'series link' so it automatically records a certain programme each week ?

Happy enough with it mate, Sky sports, Bt all the movies etc..

Only thing it doesn't have is the box sets..Gonna phone Sky on Monday and cancel sky sports..Movies...Multiroom...HD...Should be fun

FalkirkHibee one for you mate, I'm gonna take the most basic package i can get with Sky as i really don't need any the channels anymore BUT i would like to keep the box sets..What package does that come under ?

I still have Sky in my bedroom so will keep a basic package but the tv in my livingroom is now the new box Andy installed so i have nothing what so ever to do with Sky on that tv.

Andy cheers for coming last night and installing the box mate..It's defo gonna take me a week or so to get to grips with the tv guide and changing the channel over as i'm so used to using Sky's menu.

You can record mate but i can i get a 'series link' so it automatically records a certain programme each week ?

Only thing it doesn't have is the box sets..Gonna phone Sky on Monday and cancel sky sports..Movies...Multiroom...HD...Should be fun

FalkirkHibee one for you mate, I'm gonna take the most basic package i can get with Sky as i really don't need any the channels anymore BUT i would like to keep the box sets..What package does that come under ?

I still have Sky in my bedroom so will keep a basic package but the tv in my livingroom is now the new box Andy installed so i have nothing what so ever to do with Sky on that tv.
    You want the Family package then.

That basically gives you every channel on Sky except for the sports and movies and also allows you access to the box sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    You want the Family package then.

That basically gives you every channel on Sky except for the sports and movies and also allows you access to the box sets.
    Brilliant mate thanks for that

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar

Series link is "Auto Timer", when you're in the EPG it's the blue button IIRC. (it's at the bottom of the EPG screen)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    Series link is "Auto Timer", when you're in the EPG it's the blue button IIRC. (it's at the bottom of the EPG screen)
    Cheers Andy i think i can manage that

Well that's me phoned up Sky and cancelled everything bar Broadband and line rental..I get freeview so didn't even need to take a basic package

I'm currently enjoying prison break and enjoy the box sets but found a stream online to watch them so don't need to even consider a package that had box sets. My old bill was £107.24 per month, My new bill is now £22.26 saving what £85 a month ? AND i still have movies, Sky sports EVEN bt sports which i didn't even have before and many more channels than i had with Sky!!

So in summary i'm saving £85 a month and STILL have more channels than before.

And BTW The girl said with the package at £30 i would still keep all my rewards of which i had 12 but if i took the freeview at £22.26 i'd lose my rewards, I just said i'l take the £22.26 package and lose all my rewards.BUT being with Sky for years and years i never had ONE call ONE email telling me about these rewards.Shameful.
    Last edited by HibbyAndy; 25-05-2015 at 10:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member

And BTW The girl said with the package at £30 i would still keep all my rewards of which i had 12 but if i took the freeview at £22.26 i'd lose my rewards, I just said i'l take the £22.26 package and lose all my rewards.BUT being with Sky for years and years i never had ONE call ONE email telling me about these rewards.Shameful.
    they only care about getting new customers on the books.

Left by mutual consent!
    We are looking at leaving Sky and switching to Virgin or BT. Is BT's internet as fasr and good as virgins and are the TV packages decent?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    We are looking at leaving Sky and switching to Virgin or BT. Is BT's internet as fasr and good as virgins and are the TV packages decent?
    Bt and sky use the same lines so will be the same speed , virgin is still a bit faster AFAIK ,

On a side not I left sky a few months ago when the y wouldn't extend my half price deal. They phoned yesterday and I now get 70℅ off and its on a rolling contract so can cancel without fee at and time. All the channels are costing under 30 quid a month

Got a letter from Sky today saying my current sky talk account costing NOWT a month is being upgraded to evening & weekend calls costing £4 quid a month, They have basically done away with my free sky talk account so i can like it or lump it really.. I never EVER use my landline phone so charging me £4 a month for no using my phone is nae good.

Was gonna cancel and go to BT but with Sky i get free broadband where as i'm sure its about £10 a month with BT also i'm pretty certain when i downgraded my package months ago i'm under some kinda contract with the phone line rental

Just a bit pish telling me i'm paying £4 more a month for a feature a dinnae even use

@hibs.net private member
    I've only just rejoined and had a £1 line rental increase already. Seems I've got to stick with the contract for 12 months but they can change it whenever they fancy.

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    Got a letter from Sky today saying my current sky talk account costing NOWT a month is being upgraded to evening & weekend calls costing £4 quid a month, They have basically done away with my free sky talk account so i can like it or lump it really.. I never EVER use my landline phone so charging me £4 a month for no using my phone is nae good.

Was gonna cancel and go to BT but with Sky i get free broadband where as i'm sure its about £10 a month with BT also i'm pretty certain when i downgraded my package months ago i'm under some kinda contract with the phone line rental

Just a bit pish telling me i'm paying £4 more a month for a feature a dinnae even use
    You can downgrade to the new package sky pay as you talk which comes free with line rental.
    With this package you pay for any calls you make.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    You can downgrade to the new package sky pay as you talk which comes free with line rental.
    With this package you pay for any calls you make.
    Yeah it said that on the letter but when i logged in to my Sky account the only options were evening & weekend calls....sky talk anytime extra or sky talk international so i phoned them up and was put through to an automated machine and managed the sky pay as you talk option so hopefully that's it sorted.

Dinnae get me wrong it's only £4 a month But it's no the point 1) I don't use my landline ever so it's a waste of me paying for it and 2) To tell me in writing they were upgrading my package without consulting me is bang oot of order, I ken they are struggling in competition with BT but to not consult and take it upon themselves to change my package is wrong.

Yeah it said that on the letter but when i logged in to my Sky account the only options were evening & weekend calls....sky talk anytime extra or sky talk international so i phoned them up and was put through to an automated machine and managed the sky pay as you talk option so hopefully that's it sorted.

Dinnae get me wrong it's only £4 a month But it's no the point 1) I don't use my landline ever so it's a waste of me paying for it and 2) To tell me in writing they were upgrading my package without consulting me is bang oot of order, I ken they are struggling in competition with BT but to not consult and take it upon themselves to change my package is wrong.
    If someone wants to increase the size of my package without letting me know, go for it! :-)

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I just noticed im getting charged for sky talk as well, im sure i was getting it free for 24 months when i signed up last year

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    If someone wants to increase the size of my package without letting me know, go for it! :-)

They will be letting you know before they have physically started charging you.

That letter will be their way of doing that.