Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you gety Babestation on NetFlix?

You can't put a price on a good time.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Do you gety Babestation on NetFlix?
    If you've got Netflix then you've got an internet connection. Who needs Babestation ;)

Wouldn't encourage them.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    You go on Amazon (or wherever) and buy another 12month 'gift'??
    I've been running droid box to get pay per views (boxing primarily) but thinking of upgrading to VU+,,,, anyone know if you get PPV's with those also?
    It's down to your line supplier.

Just think that what you're actually paying is the grossly inflated wages of mediocre EPL footballers.

When Sky lost EPL rights over here I was quite raging, however now I don't watch it. I dont think I've watched a single live EPL game this season (through Internet or whatever). I don't miss it at all. Be free, live your lives without EPL!!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I'm going to get rid of my TV altogether. It's a waste of space, time & money.
    Never had Sky (or anything like it). All I do is think 'Rupert Murdoch' and my mind's made up.
    I had no idea that these packages cost so much. Holy cow.

I have Netflix and a relative has a now TV entertainment package...so we both access each other's services. If there's a sky football game we are desperate to see (which isn't very often when I think about it) we just pay for a day or use a free pass from somewhere like a beer box.

If you have Internet and a tablet you surely have access to a lot of stuff anyway. It's only TV and perhaps it's become a habit when in reality it's a luxury that you don't really need.

I don't mean to offend anyone but figures like £100 a month are mental. You could have your mortgage paid off ten years earlier...or save for a deposit if you're renting!!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I had no idea that these packages cost so much. Holy cow.

I have Netflix and a relative has a now TV entertainment package...so we both access each other's services. If there's a sky football game we are desperate to see (which isn't very often when I think about it) we just pay for a day or use a free pass from somewhere like a beer box.

If you have Internet and a tablet you surely have access to a lot of stuff anyway. It's only TV and perhaps it's become a habit when in reality it's a luxury that you don't really need.

I don't mean to offend anyone but figures like £100 a month are mental. You could have your mortgage paid off ten years earlier...or save for a deposit if you're renting!!!
    Absolutely nuts.

Alternatively you could:

Buy a BMW
    3 season tickets
    A family holiday
    Couple of gym memberships

Or this

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251926534520?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 25-04-2015 at 07:33 AM.

The amount they charge the pubs a month is even more mental.

We've just got a basic sky package at home, luckily vodafone gave me sky sports 1+2 free with my phone contract which works out nicely!

Virgin XL with netflix for me.

I got rid of Sky Sports last year as it just wasn't worth the extra I was paying. I kept Racing UK a bit longer but most bookies now offer a streaming service for races you have a bet on so that's taken care off, got rid.

I only watch about 5 or 6 channels and 3 of those are the old terrestrial channels (BBC 1 and 2 and Channel 4). The missus watches all sorts of ***** but if it was up to me I'd get rid of it altogether. I'd be happy with freeview and Netflix tbh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I'm lucky in a sense - very close friend of mine works for Sky so gets the full thing for free and he gave me his login details voluntarily so I can watch the full Sky package on the XBox. We pay for a minimal BT Vision subscription (I think we actually pay for the internet/line rental and the basic TV package is free) and have both Amazon Prime/Netflix and all in, we probably pay around £30 a month + £16.40 for our Cineworld Black Unlimited passes.

The services like Netflix/Amazon et al are totally fine for me as I scarcely watch anything live anymore!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I've still got my staff account with Sky, even although I left in January, so what should cost me over £120 per month, is costing me less than £40 per month!

Once Sky finally realise that I'm no longer working for them and my package goes up to full price, there's no danger that I'll be paying that. The movies will be coming off for a start and I would seriously need to look at what they can offer me on the rest of the package as I simply couldn't justify spending what would be a significant amount of my monthly salary on TV, broadband and phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

The services like Netflix/Amazon et al are totally fine for me as I scarcely watch anything live anymore!

Now, now. We all know that isnt strictly true. Esp when it comes to watching a certain football team getting Donald Ducked every week . Course, doesnt mean you have to pay for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    The amount they charge the pubs a month is even more mental.

We've just got a basic sky package at home, luckily vodafone gave me sky sports 1+2 free with my phone contract which works out nicely!
    Yep, nearly £10,000 a year at the boozer I occasionally work in.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Now, now. We all know that isnt strictly true. Esp when it comes to watching a certain football team getting Donald Ducked every week . Course, doesnt mean you have to pay for it .
    Watching the Jets get horsed is worth the SKY charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Watching the Jets get horsed is worth the SKY charge...

Watch us a lot do you :)

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Anyone got one of these thingies? A guy at work's just bought one and reckons it pretty much has everything you need on it. He's not into anything sporty though so hadn't looked for Sky Sports, BT, etc. For the price of about a month's Sky I'm tempted to try it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Droidplayer-...x+fully+loaded

Gamer IDs

I think the NFL is probably the only exception DH - in terms of TV series'/other sports, not at all. Even the baseball, I tend to watch 'as-live' the next day, having avoided the score.

When it comes to the team that gets Donald Ducked every week, I've no alternative but to find non-pay options as none of the available pay options in the UK cover Michigan very often.

I think the NFL is probably the only exception DH - in terms of TV series'/other sports, not at all. Even the baseball, I tend to watch 'as-live' the next day, having avoided the score.

When it comes to the team that gets Donald Ducked every week, I've no alternative but to find non-pay options as none of the available pay options in the UK cover Michigan very often.

How did you know that's who I was talking about in my earlier post .

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Anyone got one of these thingies? A guy at work's just bought one and reckons it pretty much has everything you need on it. He's not into anything sporty though so hadn't looked for Sky Sports, BT, etc. For the price of about a month's Sky I'm tempted to try it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Droidplayer-...x+fully+loaded
    I've got something similar, Droidbox X7 , had it for over a year now.
    I bought it for the PPV boxing but it does so much more. Personally, I don't think it's 'great' for football or most live sports as the feed can be a bit jittery but there are that many links out there some could be pretty decent.
    They're good for watching series such as Boardwalk/Game of Thrones as when you find the correct link the episodes are all there all ready to be streamed. Same goes for movies, search by genre/date/title including 3D movies.
    You will need a fairly stable internet connection, they will happily sit wireless but I prefer to use mines wired,,,,,

Watch us a lot do you :)
    Best comedy show on TV mate

Gamer IDs

How did you know that's who I was talking about in my earlier post .
    Well, you weren't going to gleefully say that about Hibs and as reigning Superbowl champions, it obviously wasn't going to be New England

Well, you weren't going to gleefully say that about Hibs and as reigning Superbowl champions, it obviously wasn't going to be New England

Oh are we? Had forgotten that, I best go watch it for the 1,000th time. Cheers for the reminder

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I've got something similar, Droidbox X7 , had it for over a year now.
    I bought it for the PPV boxing but it does so much more. Personally, I don't think it's 'great' for football or most live sports as the feed can be a bit jittery but there are that many links out there some could be pretty decent.
    They're good for watching series such as Boardwalk/Game of Thrones as when you find the correct link the episodes are all there all ready to be streamed. Same goes for movies, search by genre/date/title including 3D movies.
    You will need a fairly stable internet connection, they will happily sit wireless but I prefer to use mines wired,,,,,
    Cheers

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post

The Droid player relies on your BB connection being good so can be a bit hit and miss, VU+, Skybox/Openbox etc don't, they use the normal Sky dish for a picture so you get as good a quality as Sky including free to air HD channels without any stuttering/buffering.

Sorted a new deal today got 40% of the T.V. package and a further bit off the phone/broadband. Decided to ditch the sports as I hardly watch it now so my bills are now down to £60 from £95.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    The Droid player relies on your BB connection being good so can be a bit hit and miss, VU+, Skybox/Openbox etc don't, they use the normal Sky dish for a picture so you get as good a quality as Sky including free to air HD channels without any stuttering/buffering.
    Do the VU+ boxes need to be connected to the Internet? I noticed some boxes I was looking at said I needed an Ethernet cable, the problem I would have is my internet box is on the other side of the room from my TV. I noticed that you can buy an wifi receiver, but I'm not sure if that would work with all boxes.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Do the VU+ boxes need to be connected to the Internet? I noticed some boxes I was looking at said I needed an Ethernet cable, the problem I would have is my internet box is on the other side of the room from my TV. I noticed that you can buy an wifi receiver, but I'm not sure if that would work with all boxes.

Wifi works very well on the skybox f5s, but i upgraded to a Zgemma dual tuner a couple of months ago, sorry my mate upgraded to one of them a couple of months ago and its wired through an ethernet cable.

You can watch one side and record another, it does series link and has a great epg very similar to sky.

You will pay around £140-150 for that box and a years gift, my friends supplier gets £40 sent to him every year to keep the box going sent by paypal, he's currently around 4-5 years into his gift packages.

I had a little read up on them on wifi, and apparently they do work on it.

Its exactly the same as wiring a normal sky box up, the only thing thats different is it needs to be connected to your router, that it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Wifi works very well on the skybox f5s, but i upgraded to a Zgemma dual tuner a couple of months ago, sorry my mate upgraded to one of them a couple of months ago and its wired through an ethernet cable.

You can watch one side and record another, it does series link and has a great epg very similar to sky.

You will pay around £140-150 for that box and a years gift, my friends supplier gets £40 sent to him every year to keep the box going sent by paypal, he's currently around 4-5 years into his gift packages.

I had a little read up on them on wifi, and apparently they do work on it.

Its exactly the same as wiring a normal sky box up, the only thing thats different is it needs to be connected to your router, that it.
    Cheers mate. That's kind of what I was thinking it would be like, I was just a wee bit unsure of the wifi part. I'm going to order one this week and if it works ok I will cancel my virgin package.
    Sorry I meant my mate is going to order one this week and cancel his Virgin package

United we stand here....