hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I think that Scottish football has thankfully come a long way and I can't remember the last time I witnessed racist or homophobic abuse at a game. However even when witnessing that in the past when being a taken as a youngster I always knew between right and wrong, product of a good upbringing I guess.

I now have 2 young daughters who may decide to come along to a game in the near future but I would not be perturbed by the chance that they'll witness bad language, they'll probably hear worse in the playground! If your kids are brought up right then hearing bad language at a football game is not going to automatically turn them into swearing delinquents.
    Last edited by hibee-boys; 19-04-2015 at 06:11 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that Scottish football has thankfully come a long way and I can't remember the last time I witnessed racist or homophobic abuse at a game. However even when witnessing that in the past when being a taken as a youngster I always knew between right and wrong, product of a good upbringing I guess.

I now have 2 young daughters who may decide to come along to a game in the near future but I would not be perturbed by the chance that they'll witness bad language, they'll probably hear worse in the playground! If your kids are brought up right then hearing bad language at a football is not going to automatically turn them into swearing delinquents.
    True, the swearing isn't that big a deal, grown men threatening each other etc is.

I wonder how many Hibs supporters were arrested at the game yesterday?

I'm not trying to condone any unacceptable stuff, but out of 17,000 Hibs fans how many were totally out of order? This has to be kept in some sort of perspective. There has always been an element of loud mouthed drunken behaviour at these types of high profile matches.

I've found that behaviour at football matches is actually better these days than it was in the 1970/80s. Yes, I know it's 2015 before anyone feels the need to point that out to me.

First Team Breakthrough
    I was walking beside some young guys who were larking about and who obviously had been on the drink. When they noticed my son, they apologised for the bad language and behaved the rest of the way to the ground. I told them not to worry as he'd probably heard worse on the bus through We have some nice drunk fans too

foul language

I agree ,we all have a responsibility to behave and as some do not or more likely could not care then the STEWARDS should act.I recall signs warning about use of Foul language at Easter Road ..where have they gone?
    Getting caught and fined or sent out after a warning at home games at least would deter some but not all. At Hearts game the song Some ******* party was easily heard, I guess it is impossible to stop but as I say Stewards could at least issue warnings .We act on racist songs etc so why not foul language too?
    I know in my seat that any over the top abuse at our own players by our own fans often results in supporters swearing at each other..not the opposition ,so again hard to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Yesterday, I was sitting in Section F with family and friends, including kids. For almost the whole game, we were subjected to a tirade of absolutely disgraceful language, vitriol, and general poor behaviour from the adults in the crowd that we would expect from our city neighbours or those from Glasgow.

Some of you should take a look at yourselves as if you think it makes you a hard man (actually much of the fs and cs were coming from ‘women’ and I use the term loosely), then think again. I was embarrassed to call my self a Hibs supporter, if this is the dross we take to games. If you need to swear constantly, go to Tynie or stay at home. You’re not welcome in what we’re trying to build as a family based club with a safe and sociable atmosphere to watch the game. Cries of ‘break is leg and f*** and die are not acceptable and the paedo song is just plain boring and irrelevant when we’re playing them nevermind Falkirk.

The crap day, now compounded with ICT winning, was made worse when the bus was delayed because some people can’t travel 90 minutes before and after the game without the need for a crate of alcohol then can’t understand why they need a pi$$ at Harthill, then Livingstone and Corstorphine.

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    I agree ,we all have a responsibility to behave and as some do not or more likely could not care then the STEWARDS should act.I recall signs warning about use of Foul language at Easter Road ..where have they gone?
    Getting caught and fined or sent out after a warning at home games at least would deter some but not all. At Hearts game the song Some ******* party was easily heard, I guess it is impossible to stop but as I say Stewards could at least issue warnings .We act on racist songs etc so why not foul language too?
    I know in my seat that any over the top abuse at our own players by our own fans often results in supporters swearing at each other..not the opposition ,so again hard to resolve.
    You want Stewards to issue warnings for folk swearing at the game? Think our Stewarding bill might increase a bit

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    You want Stewards to issue warnings for folk swearing at the game? Think our Stewarding bill might increase a bit
    Can just hear a pitchside steward shouting "Oi, Liam, cut out the language and the same goes for you Paul and you Dylan and you Scott ....."
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Togs91 View Post
    I was in D3, went to ask a steward if we were able to get out, smoke, then come back in, said he was new and didnt know so called over some other steward. She told us we couldnt and two guys said im leaving then, fed up of watching hibs (this is half time) and they asked how do i get out to which the steward replied 'i dont know'. So i led them out, give me a job! If the stewards didnt know how to direct people out the stadium i dread to think what they were like with the racists and one two manys! D3 was fine btw (Y) good atmosphere
    Good job there wasn't a fire then!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was in row z.

Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted but yesterday was one of my better Hampden experience with regards to the support.

Thats where robertson should have put the ball for the goal.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    The guy in front of me - in the south stand - spent a lot of the second half hurling racist abuse at Botti Biabi, Malonga, Farid and Djedje.

I don't know whether I'm noticing it more than I used to, or racism from fans is becoming more and more common but either way, it's horrific to hear it.

I did actually have a word with him and he quietened down but it'd be great if this sort of situation, and the one iwasthere1972 described, weren't as common as they seem to be.

But as Half Pint says, every club has its nutters.
    It's probably partly due to Malonga having an off streak recently.

You'll hear far fewer racist comments when non white players are playing well and banging the goals in.

(P.S. not excusing it before someone replies with the suggestion that I am.)

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Sorry....... It's a poor call for the baboons. They probably treat their families with respect, as opposed to the people around the front of section F yesterday
    You're either off your head, or you are Esther Rantzen and I claim my five pounds.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    It's probably partly due to Malonga having an off streak recently.

You'll hear far fewer racist comments when non white players are playing well and banging the goals in.

(P.S. not excusing it before someone replies with the suggestion that I am.)

or maybe it is just down to the people doing it being ignorant racists??

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Says a lot about your parenting skills. Wouldn't dream about taking a kids to listen to 'break the fu***** c**** leg' or 'get the black f***** off the park'.

Class acts, some football supporters
    So everyone who took their kids along to the football yesterday are bad parents? What age were you when you first went to the football.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    or maybe it is just down to the people doing it being ignorant racists??
    The poster was questioning whether it was becoming more common or whether he was just noticing it more...

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    So everyone who took their kids along to the football yesterday are bad parents?
    There's definitely a case to answer there mate

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    There's definitely a case to answer there mate
    Aye that's true

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Don't know your age but not sure what kind of bubble you have been living in if this sort of behaviour is a surprise to you at football matches.

Got to be honest I was in section F ( about halfway up) and never experienced any of what you described. You were perhaps unlucky to be sitting beside the usual suspects that cannae control themselves.
    I agree.

It was a lot, lot worse back in the 70's and 80's.

Glue sniffers were a common sight on the East terrace back then.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Good job there wasn't a fire then!
    There must have been one in the lavatories judging by the amount of smoke coming out.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleHibs View Post
    We were also in section f and moved after 20mins as I had my kids with me and was not putting up with it. Guys begins us were drinking in the ground and didn't care who knew. Final straw was the racism. Drunken woman slavering over my daughter too and fondling the stranger next to her wasnt acceptable either. We reported it to police who told us it wasnt their job and to inform the stewards, so we did.

Now I know why my dad always paid the extra n took us to the south stand when we were kids. I won't be making that mistake again.

Those people aren't fans, just an excuse to get drunk and and ruin the day for everyone else.
    Years ago I was happy to take my son and his pal to ER, wouldn't dream of taking my grandson these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Years ago I was happy to take my son and his pal to ER, wouldn't dream of taking my grandson these days.

Why not?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    How old is he? The choice of course is entirely yours but surely it's not that bad.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    How old is he? The choice of course is entirely yours but surely it's not that bad.
    9, I prefer to take him to watch ice hockey, Fife Flyers good entertainment and family friendly.

9, I prefer to take him to watch ice hockey, Fife Flyers good entertainment and family friendly.
    At least with ice hockey most of the thugs are on the ice.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    That's pathetic

Do you not think they hear swearing at school or in the street?

What about the punch ups? That sport is an excuse to fight other men! Surely that's worse. Condoning violence??

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Fair enough, I would never question another parent or grandparent on what they think is right for their own child or grandchild.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    At least with ice hockey most of the thugs are on the ice.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    That's pathetic

Do you not think they hear swearing at school or in the street?
    Don't know about school not there with him and maybe in your street certainly not in mine.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    What about the punch ups? That sport is an excuse to fight other men! Surely that's worse. Condoning violence??

Dundee players to stand trial over 'ice hockey brawl'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-32351933