hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The boy pishing in the bin in the toilets in Asda and boasting about how "the weegies can pick that one out" will be embarrassed today.

Well hopefully he will be.
    Disgraceful!! A perfectly good rat ruined!

2. Log in to remove the advert

The standard of stewarding is a scandal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problems for me and my son sat in F6 but we were right down towards the front which usually helps.

Having sat in the "family section" in the past, I always splash out the few extra quid on a seat in the South stand.

It was fine yesterday, but the atmosphere was not 100% ultras. The guy in front of me was reading the racing form in his paper during the second half, despite 44 out of 45 minutes Hibs possession and pressure. I think he had a good time though.

Section D1 in the North was fine.

Stood all game. Got behind the team, atmosphere was decent and any criticism was frustrated outbursts of a second or 2 as opposed to sustained.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No I won't call you a coward as confrontation is not my game either but people need to be more proactive with things like this. It has absolutely no place in our game at all and these people need re educated on what is and what is not acceptable in today's modern, multicultural society. That was not a dig at you by the way.

Police and and stewards need to be seen to be doing more though. One poster mentioned they reported racist abuse to the police and they said the stewards had to deal with it. That is utter rubbish, passing the buck imo
    You're absolutely right, it is the police job to deal with such incidents. If a supervisory officer was aware of that trust me the officer in qu would be in bother, neglect of duty. Stewards are hopeless.

I remember early to mid 90s at ER v Dundee, a 'fan' was giving their cb who was black terrible abuse, he was self policed by other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesboii View Post
    Sitting in section F and the boy spewing on the stairs right at the beginning was bad. But the whole game behind me I could hear racist abuse from one guy. Was disgusting to hear!
    I was in section F too and some laddie 2 rows in front who looked about 13 or 14 was steaming and puked over the people sitting in the row in front of him!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Stood all game. Got behind the team, atmosphere was decent and any criticism was frustrated outbursts of a second or 2 as opposed to sustained.
    Its odd how so many loonies were in F.

Wonder if there were a lot of "kids" tickets bought by groups who were slightly too old?

The woman that checked our tickets didn't eben look - I used my 9 year old sons in error - not a problem!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

You must have been very close to me. I was in D1 and we stood the whole game and actually some of the section sat down later on in the match. I was row PP.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I don't think it's even advertised as a family section anymore because - let's face it - it clearly isn't.

They could sell from different sides behind the goal family section and cheap seats.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Didnt see any bother where i was sitting, only thing i would moan about is folk smoking in the loo, wasnt very nice going in there yesterday, especially when you having breathing issues as it is

Some amount of bevvy gets into the ground and consumed - youngish boys behind us in F had cans and bottles - they were nae bother and very affable but didn't seem to have a care in the world about getting caught!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    The standard of stewarding is a scandal too.

I was in D3, went to ask a steward if we were able to get out, smoke, then come back in, said he was new and didnt know so called over some other steward. She told us we couldnt and two guys said im leaving then, fed up of watching hibs (this is half time) and they asked how do i get out to which the steward replied 'i dont know'. So i led them out, give me a job! If the stewards didnt know how to direct people out the stadium i dread to think what they were like with the racists and one two manys! D3 was fine btw (Y) good atmosphere

D1 was fine. Group of men in front of me were too hammered to even focus on the game... but they weren't much hassle. Thought it was a good place for singing and folk seemed to encourage the team more than put them down (minus some moments of frustration)

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Now you're just using a social network to call people names.
    Baboons? Was yesterday your first 90mins?
    Sorry....... It's a poor call for the baboons. They probably treat their families with respect, as opposed to the people around the front of section F yesterday

Promising Youngster
    Apologies if this has also been mentioned within this thread , but whilst we're pointing the finger at some Hampden bams and their disgraceful behaviour and foul language, you need not travel too far most weeks to witness language and behaviour that truly makes me cast doubt on the benefits of attending.

I sit in the FF lower with my 9 year old boy and the some of the language from the feral extended families in close proximity makes me cringe with embarrassment. I'm no shrinking violet but any verbal intervention previously has almost ended in a fight. Is this is to be a family section then it should be managed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Yesterday, I was sitting in Section F with family and friends, including kids. For almost the whole game, we were subjected to a tirade of absolutely disgraceful language, vitriol, and general poor behaviour from the adults in the crowd that we would expect from our city neighbours or those from Glasgow.

Some of you should take a look at yourselves as if you think it makes you a hard man (actually much of the fs and cs were coming from ‘women’ and I use the term loosely), then think again. I was embarrassed to call my self a Hibs supporter, if this is the dross we take to games. If you need to swear constantly, go to Tynie or stay at home. You’re not welcome in what we’re trying to build as a family based club with a safe and sociable atmosphere to watch the game. Cries of ‘break is leg and f*** and die are not acceptable and the paedo song is just plain boring and irrelevant when we’re playing them nevermind Falkirk.

The crap day, now compounded with ICT winning, was made worse when the bus was delayed because some people can’t travel 90 minutes before and after the game without the need for a crate of alcohol then can’t understand why they need a pi$$ at Harthill, then Livingstone and Corstorphine.

Rant over
    Get over yourself... I attended the match yesterday with my three kids, sitting around many other kids and as I sit down I am perfectly aware of my surrounding and say to myself - Sean keep it together today... For 60 odd minutes I avoid the swearing.... However, at a football match, where passion is running high.... Sometimes it just comes out. Don't condone it and yes some of the crap that comes out of folks mouths is disgusting, however I take my kids to the football in the knowledge that nonsense will be spouted... As for people having a skin full - It's football, get over it.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Get over yourself... I attended the match yesterday with my three kids, sitting around many other kids and as I sit down I am perfectly aware of my surrounding and say to myself - Sean keep it together today... For 60 odd minutes I avoid the swearing.... However, at a football match, where passion is running high.... Sometimes it just comes out. Don't condone it and yes some of the crap that comes out of folks mouths is disgusting, however I take my kids to the football in the knowledge that nonsense will be spouted... As for people having a skin full - It's football, get over it.
    Says a lot about your parenting skills. Wouldn't dream about taking a kids to listen to 'break the fu***** c**** leg' or 'get the black f***** off the park'.

Class acts, some football supporters

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Says a lot about your parenting skills. Wouldn't dream about taking a kids to listen to 'break the fu***** c**** leg' or 'get the black f***** off the park'.

So now you're questioning his parenting skills because he took his kids to a football match?

@hibs.net private member
    On a positive note, that was the best atmosphere at Hampden for us in years.

One boy came up to the front of our section in D3 and decided to flash his Celtic tattoo. Was quickly told where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You must have been very close to me. I was in D1 and we stood the whole game and actually some of the section sat down later on in the match. I was row PP.
    I was in row z.

Obviously the result wasn't what we wanted but yesterday was one of my better Hampden experience with regards to the support.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Mate, take a deep breath. I take the lads along to the football, fully expecting them to be subjected to the noise that comes from some of these morons. It's a choice.... I can't vet 16000 odd people before the game, therefore I just accept that they may have to listen to it. I'm not saying it's correct, it's just something that happens at a football match and a choice I have to make...
    Last edited by SeanWilson; 19-04-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Hibs are tough on racism but they can't act if fans look the other way. Ticket reference and rough description to the club is all it takes

I think knowing when and where to swear is an important life skill.

When we were kids we found the swearing at the football matches our parents took us to hilarious. We wouldn't dare try to repeat it.

The odd wee swearyword at the football is harmless imo. Part of what is an emotional game.

It SHOULD NEVER be repeated in other situations and knowing where and when it is/ is not acceptable is important.

Having said that there is swearing and then there is swearing. There is a particularly nasty, aggressive and personal type of swearing that is less acceptable (and I think that this is the type that you are mentioning).

I also think that there should be "family only" areas that are almost sterile, so that those who are offended by the slightest bit of bad language can still go to the games and be comfortable, because tolerance of things such as swearing is a very personal thing.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Who were the folk fighting in C5?

Not quite sure but one had a scarf with Polish writing on it, it did seem to have calmed down by the time most of us in c5 saw what had happened

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's beyond me why they don't have a family area, especially when the ground is nowhere likely to be full. I could have bought concessions for my wife and I but experience told me to plump for the full price South.

I must admit I did swear infront of my kids yesterday.

My eldest daughter wanted to go to 'five guys' for a burger after the game. Ordered her and my laddies meal, over £25 ! Ffs! About fell over. They thought it was hilarious then didn't eat the food as it was rank!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Sadly it's part of today's society, football just provides a stage on which to perform.

It was scandalous that there wasn't a family section, only kids tickets are in the worst possible area- the cheap seats. When you take kids to a game you realise there will be some bad language & they may see things they wouldn't normally- you accept that. Bar one clown a couple of rows behind us arguing, abusing & threatening anyone who disagreed with his opinions, right from the start, it wasn't too bad & the kids were oblivious. He disappeared at half time or it might have turned nasty as sooner or later somebody was going to snap and react to him. If he'd come out with racist stuff as described by others above I would have done so myself.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    A minority of fans have behaved badly since I went to my first match in the 70s. I doubt it will ever change. Atmosphere in the North Stand back of C5 was excellent. Any swearing of which there was plenty was through frustration rather than abuse.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire