hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not at the stadium but on the tube there was this absolute tit of a Hibs fan who was getting right into this old mans face (Falkirk fan) and swearing etc. Thankfully one of his pals dragged the fanny away. Halfwit.

Also posted this on another thread but this one is probably more appropriate... I have to be honest and say I never heard any abuse at all but at FT I saw a few lads who were down beside the Sect 43 boys sticking their fingers up and shouting "**** off" at the players etc who came over to clap us. That really annoyed me!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in section G2 and it was fine. I was there with the family and it was pretty civilised
    My son and I were also in G2 and it was fine.

I was in the boozer for an hour before the game and the atmosphere was friendly and enjoyable. I was in G3 and apart from one guy a few rows back going his dinger I didn't hear much swearing or abuse of the players. This stuff gets trotted out after every big game we play, and especially when we lose.

When you put 17,000 folk in the same place and subject them to a disappointment you are going to get the odd person who goes over the top. As somebody else said, that's not Hibs fans, that's fitba fans in general. Like every other club Hibs have a minority of prats, racists and folk who cant hold their drink and that goes up the bigger the crowd and its always going to be that way, the best we can do is point out the worst offenders to the police or stewards.

Sorry, but that's the truth of the matter and its unlikely to change any time soon ... If anybody is shocked even in this day and age at seeing people getting out of hand at a big football match perhaps days out to Disney on ice or Edinburgh zoo would be the way to go.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Seen someone sitting on the bog with the door open spewing on the floor.

My nephews were getting picked up at half 7 to go on the peeve . Mental
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Actually thought that this was the family section...... Families of baboons and neanderthals.
    Now you're just using a social network to call people names.
    Baboons? Was yesterday your first 90mins?

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Its 2015 no the dark ages
    I go with 3 wumin every week

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I know it's not the answer however if you want to avoid most of the bams, go to the South Stand, in the same way the West at ER is generally more civilised than the East. Unfortunately we, like every team, have some right tits amongst the fan base.
    I was at the south and hd to listen to another erse shouting "you 6ay cu4t" every time the falkirk goalie got it. The problem is a lot of football fans are thick and cannot express themselves with out swearing, spitting and falling all over the place.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Cheap seats attract daftys. Anyway it's a bloody football match not a game of polo you were at. All those big men and women drinking booze and burping and swearing. Whatever next.

Mummy of 3 and hibee through and through MichelleHibs's Avatar
    We were also in section f and moved after 20mins as I had my kids with me and was not putting up with it. Guys begins us were drinking in the ground and didn't care who knew. Final straw was the racism. Drunken woman slavering over my daughter too and fondling the stranger next to her wasnt acceptable either. We reported it to police who told us it wasnt their job and to inform the stewards, so we did.

Now I know why my dad always paid the extra n took us to the south stand when we were kids. I won't be making that mistake again.

Those people aren't fans, just an excuse to get drunk and and ruin the day for everyone else.

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    I was toward the back of C3 and there were no issues at all, apart from the guy two along asking who the hibs no. 8 was all the time and demanding that Malonga came on as "he is our best player"!!!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    The guy in front of me - in the south stand - spent a lot of the second half hurling racist abuse at Botti Biabi, Malonga, Farid and Djedje.

I don't know whether I'm noticing it more than I used to, or racism from fans is becoming more and more common but either way, it's horrific to hear it.

I did actually have a word with him and he quietened down but it'd be great if this sort of situation, and the one iwasthere1972 described, weren't as common as they seem to be.

But as Half Pint says, every club has its nutters.

Think some people go to get absolutely steaming.

The football is just an excuse.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Me, my sister and my mate were in a taxi from the city centre heading to Hampden and one of the Falkirk "young crew" opened the taxi door when we are pulling away from a set of traffic lights. Whilst not the most dangerous thing in the world it still could have caused someone an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Cheap seats attract daftys. Anyway it's a bloody football match not a game of polo you were at. All those big men and women drinking booze and burping and swearing. Whatever next.
    Well maybe if you have to sit beside someone who would be better going to anger management courses or join the BNP than attend a game of football you wouldn't be so flippant in your post. Really spoils the occasion for some of us who can go more than 30 seconds without shouting obscenities at every opportunity. The racist comments. Are they really to be brushed aside as well? Nothing against drinking before the match either as I enjoy having a few myself but do people really need to be drinking five hours or so before kick off. Dutch courage often brings the worst out in people.

4 young guys around 19-20 ish strolled up to the Hibs shop at 9am to get their bus with bottles of Koppaberg in hand, they were not travelling on any .net buses but is there any need to be pying alchohol down yer neck at 9am just cause it's a trip to Hampden

After saying that we were in section D3 and heard nothing out of the ordinary, just your normal frustrated Hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I was in I too, (what a walk round and queue to get in after the slow ride in -but that's another thread....).There was at least one tourist at the back of me - completely bi-polar we were great or we were ******. Every completed pass praised every mispass, interception worthy of an aneurysm.
    With the exception of the Celtic final (out the country for work) I've been to all our recent embarrassing failures at Hampden and at Easter Road so I know how it feels getting beaten again. What I can accept is that sometimes you don't get what you deserve and while we are wallowing in disappointment - who gave us the right to just show up and win because we are Hibs? It's these fans that seem to take it the worst. If they don't follow the team regularly and only show up to the big events where the stakes and the tension is higher - they are likely to leave unhappy and their rage seems disproportionate....
    The drunk ones start celebrating early forgetting there is still a match to win, pain in the erase to be near but at the last semi all left at half time -settling the mood in my area by a large margin.
    We all deserve a more successful club. We're pretty much stopped booing the team at home. The players on the pitch seem to have clue about what they are doing. The tactics are still 50/50 on whether we have a winning formula or a winning team. So failing again against "weaker" teams just brings out all the old daemons. We all need more mental strength. Players need to go out and accept we don't get beat. Fans need to accept sometimes it happens and stay positive. I can't be @rsed with all this "never coming back". I wouldn't tell anybody, I'd just not go back. We'd have killed for a semi final and play off spot at the start of the season. We got it and everyone is still beeling....

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Well maybe if you have to sit beside someone who would be better going to anger management courses or join the BNP than attend a game of football you wouldn't be so flippant in your post. Really spoils the occasion for some of us who can go more than 30 seconds without shouting obscenities at every opportunity. The racist comments. Are they really to be brushed aside as well? Nothing against drinking before the match either as I enjoy having a few myself but do people really need to be drinking five hours or so before kick off. Dutch courage often brings the worst out in people.

No of course not. What did you do about it?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Was in South stand I-6 and the behaviour was impeccable. Worth paying the little extra.

Every club has their nutters and piss heads that can't help themselves and we're no different unfortunately.

I was in the same section and always go to the South Stand to avoid the drunks and nutters mentioned by the OP. Last time I went to the North, I got fed up with the people that had to go to the toilet every ten minutes.
    Last edited by Seveno; 19-04-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Would we really have killed for a play-off and Semi spot? A bit of a surprise re the cup but, not when you look at the calibre of our opponents throughout the competition.

Not going to lie, and this is going to sound cheeky but the cheaper the seat the more chance of a Jake ball being beside you sadly! I mind going for the cheap option when we played Dundee Utd and it was packed with clowns!

You get them all over though but more chance of the cheaper ends of the ground IMO.

On the bus back up to the city centre cldnt believe how a couple were speaking to their kid, with 'parents' aka pond life, like that it's no wonder some kids grow up with zero social skills.
    Was embarrassed they were hibs fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No of course not. What did you do about it?
    Well I did consider having a word with him but he had obviously had a few (Phil Mitchell look a like) and factoring in his mood I thought better of it. Possibly could have reported him to a steward but wasn't confident that they would do much about it.

Call me a coward but I didn't really want to be going home with a black eye or worse.

@hibs.net private member
    The boy pishing in the bin in the toilets in Asda and boasting about how "the weegies can pick that one out" will be embarrassed today.

Well hopefully he will be.

@hibs.net private member
    Well I did consider having a word with him but he had obviously had a few (Phil Mitchell look a like) and factoring in his mood I thought better of it. Possibly could have reported him to a steward but wasn't confident that they would do much about it.

Call me a coward but I didn't really want to be going home with a black eye or worse.
    Just imagine what he'd have done to you if he realised you had a black eye.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The boy pishing in the bin in the toilets in Asda and boasting about how "the weegies can pick that one out" will be embarrassed today.

Somehow doubt it mate. The drink is too often just an excuse.

No I won't call you a coward as confrontation is not my game either but people need to be more proactive with things like this. It has absolutely no place in our game at all and these people need re educated on what is and what is not acceptable in today's modern, multicultural society. That was not a dig at you by the way.

Police and and stewards need to be seen to be doing more though. One poster mentioned they reported racist abuse to the police and they said the stewards had to deal with it. That is utter rubbish, passing the buck imo

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Not condoning this whatsoever but.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sitting in section F and the boy spewing on the stairs right at the beginning was bad. But the whole game behind me I could hear racist abuse from one guy. Was disgusting to hear!

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Very difficult to confront folk like this at the time, especially if they are in a group, or you have kids with you. Would do no harm to report the seat numbers to Hibs for the racist stuff.
    It just isn't acceptable, & we need to keep saying it's not acceptable until there's no place left for it.
    I take my grandkid & his pal/s to a lot of games, & detest the fact that they have to hear folk who can't get through a sentence without using F & C as punctuation, but it's cultural for
    a lot of people, & they are very short words, which I suspect is important.

Ashamed and embarrassed with some Hibs supporters

Having endured the cheap seats at our last hampden visits I went to the south and thought it was much better. Won't be back in east or west again - I'd rather not go than endure that and rather pay full price for the bairns in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk