hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    :-D alright smart a r s e!

Clearly in the grand scheme of things, Celtic are far more likely to turn us over than ICT... It's just an opinion.

Going yesterday's stats, we should have turned Falkirk over yesterday.... Unfortunately not the outcome.

Not based on this seasons stats we shouldn't have.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not based on this seasons stats we shouldn't have.
    Clearly - I meant the in game stats yesterday.

Just seen this.. Wasn't meant to be clearly

http://bbc.in/1bcBgy0

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Canongatehibs View Post
    If you honestly think Hibs would have beaten ICT in the final then you need to seriously look at the two sqauds.
    Hibs would come out second best. There's little doubt about that.
    You need to look at the squads and results of the 2 semi finals!

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    First things first, well done to ICT for overturning Celtic and getting to the final. However, it has made yesterdays defeat even more sickening for me. By no means would it have been a guarantee that we would win in a final against ICT, it would be a very tough game, but it would have been our best ever chance of winning this effing cup.

Honestly still spewing today
    For a minute yeh then remembered we lost yesterday to Falkirk so it makes no odds. If we'd won Celtic would have no doubt won too :-)

Watching both semis, it was very clear which were the Premiership teams and which were from the Championship.

We need to get our heads around the fact that Hibs are just a Championship team and likely to stay one for another season. ICT under Yogi are far ahead of Hibs in all sectors.

@hibs.net private member
    All this chat about us having no chance of beating iCT yet when we played Dundee United in October when they were first or 2nd in the league we played really well and got a draw.

How could it not have been te same or a wee bit better vs ICT?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    All this chat about us having no chance of beating iCT yet when we played Dundee United in October when they were first or 2nd in the league we played really well and got a draw.

How could it not have been te same or a wee bit better vs ICT?
    Because we coukdn't beat Falkirk!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    This team's no-where near good enough. We can't even beat an under-strength Championship club like Falkirk, so best stop kidding yourself that we would have a better chance against a top-flight club. Tell you what, I bet IC are wishing it had been us in the final, they would have been even more confident of winning silver!
    Whether or not we're the finished article, we would still have had a better chance against ICT.I'm not saying we would have won, that would be silly, but I still reckon our chances would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    When we played Dundee Utd off the park back in October, it came just a couple of weeks after we were held to a 0-0 draw at home against Dumbarton.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    When we played Dundee Utd off the park back in October, it came just a couple of weeks after we were held to a 0-0 draw at home against Dumbarton.
    And playing Falkirk came just after beating Hertz!

Thought the Jambo in Goals had a Great Game.. And We had too many chances..

Left by mutual consent!
    Watched the highlights.

Still gutted.

@hibs.net private member
    Think you've missed the point. It's hypothetical.

If we had got to the final we couldn't have beaten ICT cos we can't beat Falkirk?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    bravely watched the 4 min highlights, wtf was dylan doing at that goal, need to learn to attack the ball wee man, not turn your back on it

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Don't kid yourself on that there wasn't a massive bit of fortune involved with their win yesterday. There was!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Don't kid yourself on that there wasn't a massive bit of fortune involved with their win yesterday. There was!
    Battered them three times this season and haven't won.

Soul destroying.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    If we could go back 24 hours, every Hibs supporter was surely hoping then that it would be Hibs V ICT in the final.

It doesn't matter whether Hibs could, or could not, beat ICT in the final, we will never know now. Another chance to get this monkey off the club's back has gone abegging.

Psychologically, I think the players and the supporters would feel they would have a better chance against ICT than Celtic, simply because Celtic are the better of those two teams in most games.
    Agree, plus, iirc, there were quite a few posters on here over the last few weeks who were just assuming we would beat Falkirk. Nothing is a given. We have to focus on promotion now.

There is a problem with the final ball, crosses etc. but we really do carry no luck at all. It just seems to go on and on. Bad decisions from rfefs, hitting woodwork, opposition players getting red cards after the games. I can't recall any real breaks we've had in the last few years. The last real bit of luck was Hanlon's goal against the pars to make it 4 nil when it didn't matter. Mind I had a couple of quid on 4 nil so not complaining.

I'd also have felt better had Falkirk gave us a game. But they didnt. We pumped them all over the park.if Fyvies shot was a single ounce harder it would have gone in. That Mcdonald was sent from another world to annoy us.

The Final

Good luck Yogi in the final, gutted after the semi here, well done Falkirk but the Huns 'we are the people' song was odd, give THAT a rest and if you give us any comeback on Hail Hail singing, Hibs formed 1875, Tic' 1888, Hibs helped create Glasgow's Celtic and the song Hail Hail the Pope's in Jail' was a bigoted song turned on it's head by Hibs and Celtic fans.Have a word wi' yersel's Rangers/Hearts/Falkirk/Dundee/Killie bigoted oddbods obsessed with religion.

The slight feeling of regret about yesterday's result (we would have had a slightly better chance in the final had we beat Falkirk) has been more than overshadowed by laughter at Celtic losing.

Apparently they lost because of institutional bigotry. The proddies dont want Celtic to win the treble so the ref cheated. This final without Celtic will be boring and the world won't care therefore Scottish football will suffer. The final won't sell out and if it does it won't be real fans. Inverness kicked us and it wasn't fair. Falkirk would have preferred to play Celtic instead. Hibs and Falkirk ruined the pitch...

Any final which doesn't involve one of the uglies is a good thing. Good luck to whoever wins as the trophy won't be simlpy tossed in the back of the wardrobe and the winners will have a decent parade. Club legends will be made and maybe the clubs might gain one or two extra fans that would ordinarily have just supported a Glasgow club like their mates.

Honestly, imagine being that hacked off and bitter because your team only won two trophies in a season instead of three. We could do without these muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Whether or not we're the finished article, we would still have had a better chance against ICT.I'm not saying we would have won, that would be silly, but I still reckon our chances would have been better.
    Well, ultimately on any given day, it's only 11 against 11 and there's only one ball (etc.) - so a chance is always there, I suppose. However, IC are having a decent season in the top flight, so I think overall they are a better team than the Falkirk one we played on Saturday, so I'm not quite sure why you think our chances would have been improved against them. It's all academic now, I guess....
    Last edited by PeeJay; 20-04-2015 at 07:55 AM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Surely the irony can't be lost on everyone that we are talking about a team largely built up and progressed by Butcher then honed and built upon by Yogi.

Think you've missed the point. It's hypothetical.

If we had got to the final we couldn't have beaten ICT cos we can't beat Falkirk?
    No I haven't missed the point at all but thanks for trying to explain how I might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mac View Post
    Good luck Yogi in the final, gutted after the semi here, well done Falkirk but the Huns 'we are the people' song was odd, give THAT a rest and if you give us any comeback on Hail Hail singing, Hibs formed 1875, Tic' 1888, Hibs helped create Glasgow's Celtic and the song Hail Hail the Pope's in Jail' was a bigoted song turned on it's head by Hibs and Celtic fans.Have a word wi' yersel's Rangers/Hearts/Falkirk/Dundee/Killie bigoted oddbods obsessed with religion.
    Falkirk fans sing "we are the steeple " and a quick look at their club badge explains why.

Automatically linking that tune to that song and thus those singing it are bigots is indicative of a problem with religion in itself....

@hibs.net private member
    No I haven't missed the point at all but thanks for trying to explain how I might have.
    Your point is above my intellect then.

Your point is above my intellect then.
    I doubt any point I make would be above your intellect mate, I get your hypothetical slant and maybe never explained my point properly. However it's a new week, a new game ahead, so I have written of all thoughts of the weekend. Onwards and upwards we go....hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Surely the irony can't be lost on everyone that we are talking about a team largely built up and progressed by Butcher then honed and built upon by Yogi.
    Had that very conversation with my son yesterday.!but am now starting to look forward to Wednesday's game to get that one out my system .

Inverness will win the cup and good luck to them. Was delighted they beat Celtc.

Sad to say but they would have won it regardless of who they played from Falkirk and Hibs. They are a hardened top 6 SPL side that has been well run for years.