hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bit in bold. It may be like that for you, but it's not for everyone I don't think. Are you saying you don't know a single former Hibs supporter?

I know quite a few folk who would probably call themselves "Hibs minded", who used to go to Hibs matches fairly regularly, but don't anymore because they reached the point where they didn't want any more disappointments.

Not everyone has the same level of commitment to supporting Hibs as you appear to have.
    Successful teams get bigger crowds and poor teams get smalker ones on a gradual basis. I don't think we're any different and crowds will improve when we do.

It's a shame there has only been downward curves in fortune to prove my point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Your football team is for life, if people chuck it after today, then that's pash imo
    Completely agree. Once again it wasn't to be. Played them off the park and still lost.

We'll support you ever more. Or for some when we reach semi finals or finals.

Asshole sitting next to me gave the team dogs abuse most of the game and even called one of our players a black C. Can do without that kind of supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    While I will go back I won't be there on Wednesday as not for the first time this season am pissed off we couldn't win a game when on top and a so called smaller team with a ***** support put us out the cup and embarrass us Different manager ,different players and we still get out fought ,can't score and can't keep a clean sheet am ****ing Gutted as we really needed the cup final money to help given we are unlikely to go up IMO
    We were not out fought though.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Disappointed yes, but some of the criticism is way OTT
    I can only speak for myself, but I think some of the critcism stems from sheer frustration at seeing Hibs being the architects of their own downfall yet again.

I hope my criticism isn't OTT. I'm just giving my honest opinions. I've supported this club for a long time and I desperately want to see it doing well and realising its full potential at long last. Results like today's falls way short of that IMHO, and I don't think it's out of order to say that.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    what a load of ****ing bollocks.
    Really so our chief executive will be brimming with joy that we have just lost out on £300,000 additional revenue by a team on half our budget !

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Completely agree. Once again it wasn't to be. Played them off the park and still lost.

Asshole sitting next to me gave the team dogs abuse most of the game and even called one of our players a black C. Can do without that kind of supporter.
    That's ridiculous.....Hate to hear that.......

Seen guys throwing scarves, and some asking why we were applauding the team off the park............

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I think some of the critcism stems from sheer frustration at seeing Hibs being the architects of their own downfall yet again.

I hope my criticism isn't OTT. I'm just giving my honest opinions. I've supported this club for a long time and I desperately want to see it doing well and realising its full potential at long last. Results like today's falls way short of that IMHO, and I don't think it's out of order to say that.

I'm a bit meh tbh, how many decent 2nd tier teams win the Scottish cup?

We have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    Really so our chief executive will be brimming with joy that we have just lost out on £300,000 additional revenue by a team on half our budget !
    Of course not ..we fully expect Stubbs to be strapped to a chair bollock naked..feet in a basin of water & live wires attatched to his balls !! ...at the very least ..

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

I always sit next to some utter dregs at Hampden, the kind of folk who come out the woodwork for the semis and finals, demand to be entertained and have an absolute tantrum the whole game pretty much regardless of what's happening on the pitch. Heard the racism too.
    Really wish these people would stay at home.

I've nothing else to say to be fair so I'll just post this recipe...

450ml (16 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
    150g (5 oz) caster sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    250g (9 oz) plain flour
    1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder

😎👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Of course not ..we fully expect Stubbs to be strapped to a chair bollock naked..feet in a basin of water & live wires attatched to his balls !! ...at the very least ..
    I like the sound of that, can I volunteer to take the place of Stubbsy?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    While I will go back I won't be there on Wednesday as not for the first time this season am pissed off we couldn't win a game when on top and a so called smaller team with a ***** support put us out the cup and embarrass us Different manager ,different players and we still get out fought ,can't score and can't keep a clean sheet am ****ing Gutted as we really needed the cup final money to help given we are unlikely to go up IMO

Ultimately it's your choice but there will be folk thinking exactly the same way as you who are all too quick to come on here and berate the team should we lose on Wednesday despite them not being at the game.

I like the sound of that, can I volunteer to take the place of Stubbsy?
    Aye ..Petries doing you though ...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Ultimately it's your choice but there will be folk thinking exactly the same way as you who are all too quick to come on here and berate the team should we lose on Wednesday despite them not being at the game.
    Well if they have watched it on the telly like i will be, we will be entitled to our view.

That's ridiculous.....Hate to hear that.......

Seen guys throwing scarves, and some asking why we were applauding the team off the park............

There was a complete roaster behind us who gave a running commentary on everything and constantly slated Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

150g (5 oz) caster sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    250g (9 oz) plain flour



That's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Aye ..Petries doing you though ...

There is little doubt the once fine reputation our club once had, has been absolutely shattered in recent years by some dreadful teams and results.

Sure, we used to get odd results that used to cause embarrassment, Clyde in the 58 cup final. Colin Stein inspired 1-6 at Ibrox and even the 1-6 1972 final, where we didn't actually play too badly. Recent years have really seriously dented the reputation of hibs as a club and to hear some of the excuses we use, is beyond me.

No matter what league we are in, we shouldn't be without a win against the current Falkirk side in four attempts. How many times, when we fail to score against [small] teams sitting in, as did Falkirk today, are we going to say we were unlucky, unlikely more like..

We played on a wide Hampden pitch and we were clueless on how to break them down. Far smaller teams regularly get the better of us, that pattern is not bad luck, it shows the ineptitude of the players representing our team. We spent last season seriously lacking pace, especially in the wide positions, we are an easy target for teams, this season, because we lack pace out wide.

Look at what we were competing against this season, well, we didn't compete against hearts & we had the worst Rangers team and management ever and even although we gained six more points in the head to head against Rangers, we still trail them. And our record against the rest of the teams near the top is awful.

I read the Falkirk fans forum this morning and it wasn't Hibs that frightened them, it was the fact their team was playing poorly, really says it all about this big city club.

Someone tell us the list of so called smaller teams that have knocked us out of the cups in last 20 years..simply far too many.

Cup shocks happen and while today wasn't a complete shock we should have enough to win the game. To not beat Falkirk all season is a disgrace on its own.

150g (5 oz) caster sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    250g (9 oz) plain flour

😎👍🏼
    You sound like my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    You sound like my wife.
    How do you know I'm not?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well if they have watched it on the telly like i will be, we will be entitled to our view.

You cannot judge a team or individual player performances accurately by watching a match on tv imo.

How do you know I'm not?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She's a y..y..yam!

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    She's a y..y..yam!

Oh dear god! I'll pop round soon and give you hug 😄

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You cannot judge a team or individual player performances accurately by watching a match on tv imo.
    Nonsense, in fact with replays and slow motion i will see a damn sight more than you.

Read the first page of this thread and that was enough .... we bloomin played them off the park and got shafted by a smash & grab goal. The team deserve nothing but our backing for a great effort which came nowhere near the reward it deserved, we were robbed by a team who man for man and as a unit were nowhere near us and got lucky by creating one decent chance which they managed to take.

Sod this crap....... next stop the play offs !!!

C'mon Hibs !!!

I won't berate the team if not at game Hemit , but we haven't beaten Falkirk in four games this season and as someone who travels a fair distance to watch my team that's simply not good enough imo .

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Nonsense, in fact with replays and slow motion i will see a damn sight more than you.

Thats fine, but I'd rather be at the game instead of in an arse groove on the sofa!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    Aye really. Do you think she will sit him down and read him the riot act? His performance and the teams performance was decent IMO. I called it at Half time that it wasn't going to be our day. What else do you want Stubbs and his coaching team to do? Get on the park and put the ball in the net. This side has travelled far in a short space of time and the coaching staff and Stubbs must take great credit it for that. The players must take great credit for that. We lost a semi final we should have won. Fans are unhappy about it. Hell IM unhappy about it but it's football. it happens. The reaction of a good number on here is baffling to be honest.
    i don't think there will be any sackings on the back of this and while the financial miss is a blow won't be budgeted for so you will be way off the mark.