hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the problem with these kind of results - how many fans do you think Hibs have lost over the years on the back of these kind of days? How much money do you think that the club has lost from all those thousands of folk that dont go any more? Without TV money in Scotland we need as many fans as possible and I have real fears that failure to win promotion this year will see a further exodus leaving us with the support levels of a middling Scottish lower league club. And what will happen to us then I wonder?

Some fans seem to make a p***ing contest of it and if you're not a deemed a 'diehard' then you can get to... Just saying keep the faith, onwards and upwards etc just isn't enough for some anymore and sadly their support matters to the club just as much as any other fans.

We need any many people coming to ER as possible but these results, no matter how people dress them up, damage the club not just in the short term but really affect us going forward.
    Spot on. Especially the last sentence. It doesn't matter how "unlucky" Hibs were. The fact is they lost once again in a very important match for the club and its supporters. It actually makes it worse that it's a game Hibs really should have won. We beat ourselves basically. Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

These defeats, and the manner of these defeats, damage morale amongst supporters, and damage the club financially when the club can least afford it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Sort of agree. BUT first i must say we were unlucky today it is still unacceptable as u make your own luck. Just once i would like to see Hibs played off the park at Hampden But hang in there fight like lions and steal a totally undserved win it simply never happens we as a club dont have that heart or bravery.
    the last semi against Falkirk springs to mind....ripped to bits defensively in a first half that should have been 4 nowt half time.....yet somehow got a win. If that's not showing fight I don't know what is.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    We lost a Scottish cup semi final in front of 17k hibees against *****y, 2 bit, fuddly Falkirk..

That's a horror story!

The continual playing down of our bottling, *****ness & overall loser mentality is what got us relegated & will keep us down

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    We lost a Scottish cup semi final in front of 17k hibees against *****y, 2 bit, fuddly Falkirk..

That's a horror story!

The continual playing down of our bottling, *****ness & overall loser mentality is what got us relegated & will keep us down
    For want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post
    the last semi against Falkirk springs to mind....ripped to bits defensively in a first half that should have been 4 nowt half time.....yet somehow got a win. If that's not showing fight I don't know what is.
    Yeah we were fantastic after gifting a very average team a 3 goal lead. Falkirk did not out plays us they were not capable which shows how poor they were. They had 4 chances scored 3 then were dire for the remainder of game

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    For want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    How would you describe losing to an under strength Falkirk team in a semi final of a competition we haven't won in over a 100 years? We should have won today but we didn't. The embarrassing record gets worse yet some on here seem all to happy to accept it.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    How would you describe losing to an under strength Falkirk team in a semi final of a competition we haven't won in over a 100 years? We should have won today but we didn't. The embarrassing record gets worse yet some on here seem all to happy to accept it.
    Nobody is accepting anything LB ..... That was a game we were capable of winning, but we didn't .... if we had been crap and been turned over I would be as critical as anybody ... but we weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Unlucky. Plain and simple. There were players not at their best today. It happens. They get one chance and take it. We were dominant from start to finish. It's football. It happens. I see nothing to be embarrassed about. I think this is the crux of the matter. It's because it's a Scottish cup Semi final. It's because it's only Falkirk. (A team that we haven't beat all season that and that in itself is puzzling me why folk think we should just turn up and beat them. A bit like that Livi final. A teM that was sitting well above us in the league.) I'm far from embarrassed about today. The over reaction is par for the course sadly. I wish to **** folk would calm the **** down and get behind the club for the remainder of the season instead of spitting the dummy out.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Shocking that Hibs lose that game today. Really really poor that we lose that game no unluckily we were just pish
    Last edited by AFKA5814_Hibs; 18-04-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Unlucky. Plain and simple. There were players not at their best today. It happens. They get one chance and take it. We were dominant from start to finish. It's football. It happens. I see nothing to be embarrassed about. I think this is the crux of the matter. It's because it's a Scottish cup Semi final. It's because it's only Falkirk. (A team that we haven't beat all season that and that in itself is puzzling me why folk think we should just turn up and beat them. A bit like that Livi final. A teM that was sitting well above us in the league.) I'm far from embarrassed about today. The over reaction is par for the course sadly. I wish to **** folk would calm the **** down and get behind the club for the remainder of the season instead of spitting the dummy out.
    I can only speak for myself, but I will be behind the team for the remainder of the season, it won't stop me expressing my disappointment at what I watched today.

United we stand here....

Yes we were unlucky but
    Peeps have had enough hard luck stories it is not only about today.. Hibs have lost THOUSANDS of fans in recent years and they aint coming back.

Yes we were unlucky but
    Peeps have had enough hard luck stories it is not only about today.. Hibs have lost THOUSANDS of fans in recent years and they aint coming back.
    No we were not unlucky. We were poor.

Yes we were unlucky but
    I'm sorry but how the hell do you know that thousands "ain't coming back"?

Fans are fickle and they'll come back to watch a winning team. You can say that with more certainty than some of the negative, doomsday scenario garbage I'm hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    We were poor, we should have scored 2 or 3 but we didn't. Not because we were unlucky but because we were poor.

United we stand here....

Yes we were unlucky but
    Well here's the thing. They can all FRO as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick to the back teeth of the over reaction to a loss. I'm sick to the back teeth of winging era holes that haven't a clue. I really hope they really mean it when they say they won't be back. I saw some absolute ********s today after that game. Complete wallopers. If they wish to not come back then great. I'd rather be in a crowd of six thousand fans that support the team than twenty thousand where half get on the teams back. I'm also sick of this place too. I haven't spent as much time on here as I used to and I know why. It's about as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist. I'm out

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    We weren't poor, we were unlucky.

It's all very well being disappointed but it's turning into unwarranted criticism.

We switched off for a moment and were punished. A big difference.

[QUOTE=peter douglas;4352556]We weren't poor, we were unlucky.

It's all very well being disappointed but it's turning into unwarranted criticism.

We switched off for a moment and were punished. A big difference.[/QUOTE

Nah I think poor.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well here's the thing. They can all FRO as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick to the back teeth of the over reaction to a loss. I'm sick to the back teeth of winging era holes that haven't a clue. I really hope they really mean it when they say they won't be back. I saw some absolute ********s today after that game. Complete wallopers. If they wish to not come back then great. I'd rather be in a crowd of six thousand fans that support the team than twenty thousand where half get on the teams back. I'm also sick of this place too. I haven't spent as much time on here as I used to and I know why. It's about as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist. I'm out
    Great post.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Aye because todays over reaction is just about todays great result. Your wish of 6 thousand supporters is about to come to fruition, although quite why you'd call 11 thousand folk who went today wallopers i dont know?

All i saw was a crowd of Hibs fans get behind the team today, maybe the dentist is the place you should visit more often?

I think we are a side with more ability than Hertz, but the fact is that they would have put Falkirk away today quite easily. We need to start games how we finished the game today.

@hibs.net private member
    In terms of the bit in bold I think thats a strange statement - where do you think we get the majority of our money from? Do you think Hibs as an institution, as a club, want less folk turning up? Do you think the fans are to blame for that loss or our relegation?

I think some people on here almost like seeing us when we're down so they can be seen to be the most 'uber' fans. I have serious concerns about us becoming a permanent Scottish lower league team with 3-4K folk turning up every week who dont care what condition the club are in as its just a ritual for them that they'll never give up. Not aiming this at you btw but I just get that impression sometimes. I've never booed my team but at the same time I dont blame people for doing so after a bad loss like this, especially with some of the results we've seen in the last few years.

We need all the support we can get and shouldn't be telling people to GTF. We've taken a big hit financially going down and now missing out on the final is another blow. There are plenty of decent, loyal Hibs fan out there (myself included) who are beginning to think of better things to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon and believe me losing 1,000s of them is very, very bad for the club.
    Last edited by neil7908; 19-04-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Look at our record in Scottish cup semi's and finals. Sick of hearing about bad luck. Sick of underachieving in these games.

Another golden opportunity blown today. It is inexcusable and fans have a right to furious. Another great turnout let down by ineptitude and meek surrender.
    We are a team in the second tier of Scottish football, as are they. We have NOT underachieved in SC games in recent years, if anything we have overachieved, giving the impression that we are a decent side.

Be furious all you want, i am just gutted.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Good luck for falkirk in their day out in the sun geting horsed by Celtic. Saved me some sheckles coming up for the final.

No way we are going up.

Who genuinely believes we can perform over 6 cup finals?

Hibs manage new inventive ways of kicking us in the balls.

J

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Spot on. Especially the last sentence. It doesn't matter how "unlucky" Hibs were. The fact is they lost once again in a very important match for the club and its supporters. It actually makes it worse that it's a game Hibs really should have won. We beat ourselves basically. Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

These defeats, and the manner of these defeats, damage morale amongst supporters, and damage the club financially when the club can least afford it.
    Who's looking forward to out "three points" at Falkirk next week?

J

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    In terms of the bit in bold I think thats a strange statement - where do you think we get the majority of our money from? Do you think Hibs as an institution, as a club, want less folk turning up? Do you think the fans are to blame for that loss or our relegation?

I think some people on here almost like seeing us when we're down so they can be seen to be the most 'uber' fans. I have serious concerns about us becoming a permanent Scottish lower league team with 3-4K folk turning up every week who dont care what condition the club are in as its just a ritual for them that they'll never give up. Not aiming this at you btw but I just get that impression sometimes. I've never booed my team but at the same time I dont blame people for doing so after a bad loss like this, especially with some of the results we've seen in the last few years.

We need all the support we can get and shouldn't be telling people to GTF. We've taken a big hit financially going down and now missing out on the final is another blow. There are plenty of decent, loyal Hibs fan out there (myself included) who are beginning to think of better things to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon and believe me losing 1,000s of them is very, very bad for the club.
    I'm sorry but if you're a loyal fan who is considering taking up golf instead of following hibs because you don't like losing games then fans who stick at it regardless have every right to tell you to GTF.

There is this common idea that hard done by fans need an arm round their shoulder and a sympathetic plea to keep with it. As far as I'm concerned this is the duty of the club.

What do you want? Fellow fans to beg you not to leave or to come back while they are the ones keeping the club alive?

Your comment about people enjoying supporting us when we're down so they can somehow elevate their status is preposterous and insulting. As is the one where you say that the 3-4k that would turn up regardless somehow don't care about the condition of the club.

It's another argument where people who have basically become customers are trying to spin things around. People who go regardless are now the ones harming the club as they aren't taking militant action to effect change...which usually means getting rid of a blame figure.

If anyone is wanting to be seen to be an "uber fan" it is those who are that emotionally effected by recent events that they simply have to take action by not going. They sit in pubs or post on here telling all and sundry how their lifelong love affair has been brought to an end by these terrible events caused by terrible people. Wow...what principles. I wish I loved my football club as much as they do. Maybe one day blind attendance and faith will be beneath me.

for want of z better phrase. Away and throw ***** at herself. Hibs didn't bottle today. Fans like you need to stop this ****ing nonsense. Horror story my arse.if it keeps idiots like you away from games then there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    wtf?!?

J

Yes we were unlucky but
    Imagine getting Celtic in the final and repeating 2013 or 2012.

No thanks.

It would be the Hibs way that ICT win today.

New ways to totally ability to **** it up.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 19-04-2015 at 01:39 AM.

I'm a bit half and half yes I think in footballing terms we played better, no we didn't put the ball in the back of the net which is a big part of football, all teams need to do is make it difficult for us, whether that be parking the bus or getting up in our faces, and we run out of ideas, we never stopped trying today which is a plus, but let's all remember we are a work in progress, battling for 2nd place and a cup semi is progress from where we where at the end of last season/beginning of this one

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Good luck for falkirk in their day out in the sun geting horsed by Celtic. Saved me some sheckles coming up for the final.

No way we are going up.

Who genuinely believes we can perform over 6 cup finals?

Hibs manage new inventive ways of kicking us in the balls.

J
    I do, because I've watched us progress over the season into quite a tidy footballing team. Thankfully, other like minded people will cheer the team on till the rest of the season, will you?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I'm sorry but if you're a loyal fan who is considering taking up golf instead of following hibs because you don't like losing games then fans who stick at it regardless have every right to tell you to GTF.

There is this common idea that hard done by fans need an arm round their shoulder and a sympathetic plea to keep with it. As far as I'm concerned this is the duty of the club.

What do you want? Fellow fans to beg you not to leave or to come back while they are the ones keeping the club alive?

Your comment about people enjoying supporting us when we're down so they can somehow elevate their status is preposterous and insulting. As is the one where you say that the 3-4k that would turn up regardless somehow don't care about the condition of the club.

It's another argument where people who have basically become customers are trying to spin things around. People who go regardless are now the ones harming the club as they aren't taking militant action to effect change...which usually means getting rid of a blame figure.

If anyone is wanting to be seen to be an "uber fan" it is those who are that emotionally effected by recent events that they simply have to take action by not going. They sit in pubs or post on here telling all and sundry how their lifelong love affair has been brought to an end by these terrible events caused by terrible people. Wow...what principles. I wish I loved my football club as much as they do. Maybe one day blind attendance and faith will be beneath me.
    Fantastic post.