hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student tickets

Student tickets

My lad has just turned 16, is still at school, isn't a student and therefore has no Student card. Does that mean he has to pay full adult ticket price? Anyone know?

I'm about to order the tickets for Saturday online, but I can't make it into the ticket office before Saturday, live in West Lothian. Think I'll just be sucking it up and buying two adult tickets.........

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah it's on a thread somewhere, apparently 16 year old school kids have to pay full price :(

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Bit silly if they have to pay full price whilst still at school. Do we not accept Young Scot cards or the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My lad has just turned 16, is still at school, isn't a student and therefore has no Student card. Does that mean he has to pay full adult ticket price? Anyone know?

I'm about to order the tickets for Saturday online, but I can't make it into the ticket office before Saturday, live in West Lothian. Think I'll just be sucking it up and buying two adult tickets.........
    I had the same issue as was purchasing two tickets for family friends as students.... Spoke to ticket office and reason is SFA are running the tickets and not hibs so basically, unless a full time student with maticulation card, you are not a student (and they want the proof). In my case, two lads gave me there photos and that was suffice, however i do think its an absolute nonsense that you are only classed as a full time student if in uni/college education, surely a full time 16 YO in secondary is a full time student? Problem is, hibs hands are tied with this one.

First Team Breakthrough JPrinty's Avatar
    I bought my 16 year old a concession ticket without proof he's a student. The only issue I can see is if the stewards/turnstyle operator stop and ask how old he is - he'll then just say 15!! I don't think there will be any issues though. He's going to take his young scot card and he has another card which basically says he's still at school (therefore technically a full time student) with him just in case.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPrinty View Post
    I bought my 16 year old a concession ticket without proof he's a student. The only issue I can see is if the stewards/turnstyle operator stop and ask how old he is - he'll then just say 15!! I don't think there will be any issues though. He's going to take his young scot card and he has another card which basically says he's still at school (therefore technically a full time student) with him just in case.
    Yeah. You do realise that the young scot cards have the holders picture, name and date of birth on them, highlighted with pink highlighter on the card itself.

I already clicked on the submit button........ It then tells you that Student tickets won't be posted as a card has to be shown. It didn't say this before I paid for the bloody things, and paid to have them posted!
    I've just bought another two adult ones, I'll try phoning the TO tomorrow and see if I can get a refund on the Adult/student ones.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I already clicked on the submit button........ It then tells you that Student tickets won't be posted as a card has to be shown. It didn't say this before I paid for the bloody things, and paid to have them posted!
    I've just bought another two adult ones, I'll try phoning the TO tomorrow and see if I can get a refund on the Adult/student ones.
    Why can't you just produce the student card and collect it?

1. I can't get to the ticket office before the game and....
    2. He is still at school, 4th year, he has not got a student card.

1. I can't get to the ticket office before the game and....
    2. He is still at school, 4th year, he has not got a student card.
    Still at school will have a young scot card surely, you can actually scan and email proof to the club too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Still at school will have a young scot card surely, you can actually scan and email proof to the club too.
    A young scot card doesn't prove someone's still at school.

Young Scotcards are valid until they're 25. They don't necessarily mean he's still at school.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    You need to provide a matriculation card - or pay an adult price - I had this issue and easiest thing to do was to just pay the extra tenner for an adult ticket.
    Got an email from the club and the SFA about it and it is going to be reviewed - but too late for this game.

Young Scotcards are valid until they're 25. They don't necessarily mean he's still at school.

Valid for what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    A young scot card doesn't prove someone's still at school.
    Yes I know my son has one, I thought he was just proving his age, maybe I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Valid for what exactly?
    Valid as photograph ID in theory. Though most licences premises won't accept them.

Valid as photograph ID in theory. Though most licences premises won't accept them.

I see. They are easily faked, altered.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes I know my son has one, I thought he was just proving his age, maybe I misunderstood.
    The problem appears to be that 16 year old high school kids don't have student matriculation cards so can't get student prices. It's not proving their age that's the issue it's proving they are students. Total madness really.

I see. They are easily faked, altered.
    They have a hologram so shouldn't be that easy to fake, but altered maybe.

@hibs.net private member
    Valid for what exactly?
    Once they are 16 they get discounted bus and rail fares with it as well as the cinema and I'm pretty sure they get discounts in shops too.

The problem appears to be that 16 year old high school kids don't have student matriculation cards so can't get student prices. It's not proving their age that's the issue it's proving they are students. Total madness really.
    Ah I see, didn't realise that since my son is now 21 and no longer a student. Yes it seems unfair really.

@hibs.net private member
    My student complaint is that every time I buy my son a ticket for an away game he has to collect it rather than me getting it posted. We live in west lothian so it's a bit of a trek. Surely when he has proved he is a student once that should be enough. Just bought tickets for the Livi game which is a stones throw away from us but he has to go all the way to ER to prove he is a student. I'd have been as well buying an adult but I didn't think of that :)

First Team Breakthrough JPrinty's Avatar
    Yeah. You do realise that the young scot cards have the holders picture, name and date of birth on them, highlighted with pink highlighter on the card itself.
    I suppose the point I was trying to make is that now he has the concession ticket, I don't think he'll have issues getting into the ground.

My student complaint is that every time I buy my son a ticket for an away game he has to collect it rather than me getting it posted. We live in west lothian so it's a bit of a trek. Surely when he has proved he is a student once that should be enough. Just bought tickets for the Livi game which is a stones throw away from us but he has to go all the way to ER to prove he is a student. I'd have been as well buying an adult but I didn't think of that :)
    When my son was a student we scanned his card and sent them it to hold on file, we never had to produce it and had no problem getting tickets posted. Do they not allow this any more?

@hibs.net private member
    When you buy a ticket online and get to the delivery bit it states that no student tickets will be posted out, they need collected and a valid student card must be shown.

When you buy a ticket online and get to the delivery bit it states that no student tickets will be posted out, they need collected and a valid student card must be shown.
    FFS they really make it easy don't they!

@hibs.net private member
    FFS they really make it easy don't they!
    I know. To be fair from west lothian it's doable, a pain in the backside but at still doable. If we lived farther away I'd have to pay full adult prices which is ridiculous. I assume others must have to do this.

If he gets a letter from his school to prove he's still in full time education they'll accept that. Not ideal, but does the same job.

I bought a student ticket for a game earlier in the season which they posted out no problem at all... All I did was go to the first class post delivery type

First Team Breakthrough
    Does getting the 15 and under tickets mean you've got to show id too as my daughter and her friends ones haven't turned up and I'm having to go down and pick them up?