hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Are YOU going to start backing the club again in its time of need?

Kudos to the support that pitched up yesterday, and it was great to be rewarded with a fantastic team performance full of invention, bottle and will-to-win.

There are 5,000 or so good c!"£s that have decided to withdraw their support this season, and who could really blame them? However the past is in the past and we are now at the business end of what could turn out to be an excellent and memorable season.

To those 5,000 good c!"£s - every game is now critical, and your support might just be the thing that gets us over the finishing line. Can we expect to see you guys return to the trenches for the battles ahead?
    Last edited by hibs0666; 13-04-2015 at 11:19 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kudos to the support that pitched up yesterday, and it was great to be rewarded with a fantastic team performance full of invention, bottle and will-to-win.

There are 5,000 or so good c!"£s that have decided to withdraw their support this season, and who could really blame them? However the past is in the past and we are now at the business end of what could turn out to be an excellent and memorable season.

To those 5,000 good c!"£s - every game is now critical, and your support might just be the thing that gets us over the finishing line. Can we expect to see you guys return to the trenches for the battles ahead?
    Think we all know we will get decent turn out for the Semi Win that and I would expect our next home crowd to go back over 10 000 but it's clear we have lost part of our core support .The first home game in the play offs will tell us if we can get back up to 14 or 15 thousand for important games

14 pages.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    14 pages.
    I'll turn up more often if people don't criticise my flag.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Think we all know we will get decent turn out for the Semi Win that and I would expect our next home crowd to go back over 10 000 but it's clear we have lost part of our core support .The first home game in the play offs will tell us if we can get back up to 14 or 15 thousand for important games

Thing I can't understand is the turnout we got in the dark days of Butcher...why so many then when we were good bets to lose every match? Why so little now when we've got a much better team (not final product yet but on the way) and chance of promotion and SC final? Hanlon and Fontaine has been the best CB partnership I can remember us having for years for example.

Baffles me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I'll turn up more often if people don't criticise my flag.
    And I'll sing what I want thank you very much

I quite liked the support that attendedyesterday. As always it's the players performance that lifts the crowd and gives the place atmosphere. One end was a bit quiet though.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Yep, I am one of those "good c!"£s" who used to have a season ticket and fell out of the habit.

I feel a corner is being turned - even if we dont get promotion, so -

Have been attending a few games this year, have tickets for the semi, and have already bought a a season ticket for next year - then persuaded my son and dad to get one too.

Small steps, but thats 3 more bodies in the ground every home game next year.

GGTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yep, I am one of those "good c!"£s" who used to have a season ticket and fell out of the habit.

I feel a corner is being turned - even if we dont get promotion, so -

Have been attending a few games this year, have tickets for the semi, and have already bought a a season ticket for next year - then persuaded my son and dad to get one too.

Small steps, but thats 3 more bodies in the ground every home game next year.

GGTH
    Great to hear it mate. Enjoy the ride!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

It's almost certainly not the case that fans "decided to withdraw their support this season" and I'm sure you could entice many of them back should you be good enough to provide them with the necessary finance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It's almost certainly not the case that fans "decided to withdraw their support this season" and I'm sure you could entice many of them back should you be good enough to provide them with the necessary finance.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to argue that I am somehow central to the return of the 5,000 good c!"£s. We all have choices to make with our spare cash and I prioritise Hibs over other things for that spare cash. I guess the 5,000 good c!"£s will have to make a similar choice.

Its the business end of the season and we are right in the thick of it. On saturday we are back at hampden in a bid to take ourselves to to another SC final and the fight for promotion is well and truly on. The boys need our support more than ever. Hopefully yesterdays results will shift a few more tickets for saturday.

If you CAN go then DO go!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Thing I can't understand is the turnout we got in the dark days of Butcher...why so many then when we were good bets to lose every match? Why so little now when we've got a much better team (not final product yet but on the way) and chance of promotion and SC final? Hanlon and Fontaine has been the best CB partnership I can remember us having for years for example.

Baffles me.
    At the end of it all, over the summer, some people made the decision enough is enough?

The only way to get them back is to deliver days like yesterday on a consistent basis and prove to people that the club values winning games above all else. Only results can do this. All the PR in the world won't work unless we show a will to win at all costs that we have not previously done in my time supporting the club.

What are the playoff dates? If we make the cup final could we not be looking at something like 7 games within a 2 weeks spell? I'm not sure my finances will stretch that far, especially if we make the final and I manage to get a ticket.

Just mentioned this on the Crowd thread but if you swapped Rangers and Hearts in the League then Easter Road would have been packed out yesterday

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'll go if every one else does.

Seriously was there Sunday - there's a lot of football to be played but its a different world following Hibs now.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Seriously was there Sunday - there's a lot of football to be played but its a different world following Hibs now.
    Who were we playing?

I'll go if every one else does.

You must have thought it was really quiet if you were there Saturday 

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Who were we playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You must have thought it was really quiet if you were there Saturday 
    Confused had a bit to drink but yesterday was Sunday and we did beat the poppy thieves yesterday,right? Please say it's true.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

When Petrie goes, I'll be back. Not a second before. He drove me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Was it in the Porsche?

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    He gave you a lift home and that's how you thank him. Unbelievable.

Confused had a bit to drink but yesterday was Sunday and we did beat the poppy thieves yesterday,right? Please say it's true.
    Haha, we sure did mate! Thankfully it's not all a dream for once 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Good OAP deals on the horizon!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    And here, what about these ****s that leave before the end. "Makes my blood boil."

600 pages.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This glory hunter is going along on Saturday with another glory hunters first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This glory hunter is going along on Saturday with another glory hunters first game of the season.
    Good man. Remember to gather some proof of attendance and make a note of who we were playing as some smart alec is bound to ask

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Good OAP deals on the horizon!
    Aye that's all very well but Petrie will still be there and we all know he's a crap keeper, the worst defender in the league, and he couldnae score in a brothel. And come to think of it he never heats the pies up properly at half time.

Is it any wonder fans are staying away? Jeez!!