hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough StokePogesHibs's Avatar
    From the US, the BT sport commentator should be fired. Every time we have played them this year there are at least 2 references to that cup game. He then spends the second half wishing a comeback for them. Dont know who he is but he has to go.makes Cliff Pike look impartial ;-)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StokePogesHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the US, the BT sport commentator should be fired. Every time we have played them this year there are at least 2 references to that cup game. He then spends the second half wishing a comeback for them. Dont know who he is but he has to go.makes Cliff Pike look impartial ;-)

If you mean Derek Rae then he is 100% impartial and an Aberdeen fan and not the slightest bit bias towards hearts and he's an all round good guy. One of the best commentators.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    At the end of the Celtic game on Saturday Sky were doing their "next up" piece on the Derby. Presenter ".....who scored for Hibs in the 6-2 game. Sorry for mentioning that Hearts fans" So at least someone was trying to wind them up.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Sportsound isn't so much biased as an amateur shambles at times. An utter embarrassment when you compare it to coverage on 5live. I tend to avoid it and have enjoyed Forth2 covering our away games more.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    Richard Gordon said last week it will be jags v hibs for playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    No he doesn't. And people need to be less touchy and paranoid - it's a bit of a cringe.

I can't stand Preston and it's ludicrous he gets to report on Hibs games when he is openly biased, but other than that, there are worse sports programmes out there, and there is certainly no anti-Hibs agenda other than in paranoid folks' heads.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Well for my 13,000 post I'd like to share this with that bunch of unbiased tossers.

Get it right ****ing roond ye YA bunch of grade A roasters.

You can shove yur Hun/sheep and Yam love in where the sun don't shine.
    You know I actually like to listen to Sportsound for their coverage of the SPFL on a whole but you are so so right, when you think about it then it does feel like an incredible amount of coverage is given to Sevco, the Sheep and Yams - far more than anyone else.

I'm not championing them getting more coverage but you'd almoat understand if Celtic got it due to them being the biggest, most successful club in the Country but even theres is minute compared to the gruesome threesome, as for us, we may as well be playing in the Tazmanian amateurs League for the amount of notice given to us, the only time Hibs are deemed relevent on that show is when we're facing Hearts or Sevco or after any defeat.

We are in an incredible position though, we could be on the verge or the greatest season in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by StokePogesHibs View Post
    Derek Rae for me is the best Commentator in British Football let alone Scottish, I don't feel he shows any bias at all but he does have an extensive knowledge of every team he covers and always tries to add his own wee personal touch to every team - even though he's a Dandy I'd say he is the nost unbiased reporter I've ever listened too

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Derek Rae for me is the best Commentator in British Football let alone Scottish, I don't feel he shows any bias at all but he does have an extensive knowledge of every team he covers and always tries to add his own wee personal touch to every team - even though he's a Dandy I'd say he is the nost unbiased reporter I've ever listened too
    I like Derek Rae. Very good commentator. I'm sure he said recently on a podcast I listened to that he does have a bit of a soft spot for Hearts tho.

I think I must be in a minority of one when it comes to Derek Ferguson. I don't mind him.
    He offer zero insight into the game, no tactical analysis whatsoever and generally gives the impression he has no idea what he is doing there but I think he comes across as a decent guy trying his best to make a living.
    If Sportsound ever decides to get serious about Scottish Football and start offering some decent insight and analysis then obviously he would be one of the first out the door but if they are going to carry on with the current nonsense then Ferguson is one of the least offensive.

Left by mutual consent!

news joke

I just wonder how STV News will manage to cock it up this time. Last week they were due to run a story about AS being in line for the Wigan job when in fact it had already been given to Gary Caldwell. Joke of a station makes the BBC seem like Sky Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think I must be in a minority of one when it comes to Derek Ferguson. I don't mind him.
    He offer zero insight into the game, no tactical analysis whatsoever and generally gives the impression he has no idea what he is doing there but I think he comes across as a decent guy trying his best to make a living.
    If Sportsound ever decides to get serious about Scottish Football and start offering some decent insight and analysis then obviously he would be one of the first out the door but if they are going to carry on with the current nonsense then Ferguson is one of the least offensive.
    That's true but why do BBC Scotland use fee-payers money to retrain retired footballers. The one that annoys me is Craigan who spent more of the last two years of his Motherwell contract in a BBC studio than he did on the pitch. He received media training at our expense and still brings nothing as a commentator or a pundit.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I just wonder how STV News will manage to cock it up this time. Last week they were due to run a story about AS being in line for the Wigan job when in fact it had already been given to Gary Caldwell. Joke of a station makes the BBC seem like Sky Sports.
    I actually completely disagree with that. STV have some very decent sports journalists, and their coverage is always quite fair. They always are a bit more in depth with their stats and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I actually completely disagree with that. STV have some very decent sports journalists, and their coverage is always quite fair. They always are a bit more in depth with their stats and stuff too.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    That's true but why do BBC Scotland use fee-payers money to retrain retired footballers. The one that annoys me is Craigan who spent more of the last two years of his Motherwell contract in a BBC studio than he did on the pitch. He received media training at our expense and still brings nothing as a commentator or a pundit.
    And he definitely does seem to dislike Hibs, he struggles to compliment us at any time as I'm sure others may have noticed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I like Derek Rae. Very good commentator. I'm sure he said recently on a podcast I listened to that he does have a bit of a soft spot for Hearts tho.
    I've heard him say similar things about Celtic as he was at Love Street covering the game in 86 when the Yams bottled it up in Dundee

Again, also heard him praise Dundee Utd up countless times too

I've never heard him speak negatively about a single Scottish team

Chick Young would be out the door pronto, the guy is an absolute hopeless case, a complete lost cause and offers nothing of any worth to the station

I agree i think he is okay and always tries to be positive.

@hibs.net private member

I'm with you on this - he isn't the most eloquent , but he oozes his love of football - so enthusiastic... I like him , anyone who cares about the game as much as him, deserves to be on the radio ...

BBC tv news at 6:30 this evening didn't even mention the Edinburgh derby. Funny, but when Hearts win the derby, there's usually report and the goals are shown. Or am I just imagining this?

Tonight, it was all about St Mirren probably getting relegated, and an interview with David Van Zanten of all people. Celeb Buddies fan, Chris Brookmyre, was also on saying how St Midden had capitulated basically (sounds familiar?).

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Without being disingenuous, that man is lucky to be half a step away from "special needs" status. Worry not about noises coming from the mouth of a genuine simpleton!
    His emasculation of the English language is hilarious at times. The avoidance of saying done is particularly amusing. Clearly text night to say done when he means did, Derek knows avoids saying it all; he's did particularly well this evening.

Sportscene is really shoddy. The presenter guy..... NOOOOO!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    BBC tv news at 6:30 this evening didn't even mention the Edinburgh derby. Funny, but when Hearts win the derby, there's usually report and the goals are shown. Or am I just imagining this?

Tonight, it was all about St Mirren probably getting relegated, and an interview with David Van Zanten of all people. Celeb Buddies fan, Chris Brookmyre, was also on saying how St Midden had capitulated basically (sounds familiar?).

Yes, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yes, you are.
    Are you sure? You know this for a fact? Can you provide any evidence of this?

Not being funny, but I could swear I've seen Hearts goals from derby matches shown on BBC news bulletins on Monday teatime bulletins before.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Without being disingenuous, that man is lucky to be half a step away from "special needs" status. Worry not about noises coming from the mouth of a genuine simpleton!
    You're not being disingenuous. You are though being grossly insulting and insensitive.

Also , probably snobbish - I like the guy - loves his football

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    So in short you are saying that disabled folks should not broadcast?
    You just wouldn't let it lie.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    There's nothing worse than people who, when asked to speak publicly or formally, try to use vocabulary that isn't natural to them. More often than not they'll end up sounding dafter than they really are. I much prefer people, especially from the world of football, to just be themselves and express themself as they do in everyday life. A strong accent, a bit of slang and some dodgy grammar (something of which we're probably all capable) is far better than putting on false airs and graces and failing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Are you sure? You know this for a fact? Can you provide any evidence of this?

Not being funny, but I could swear I've seen Hearts goals from derby matches shown on BBC news bulletins on Monday teatime bulletins before.
    As you're making the claim if expect you to have evidence?

Did The numpties on Sportsound even discuss the Derby last night?? I caught a tiny bit about the result but was working.... Or did they brush over it like it was irrelevant??

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    As you're making the claim if expect you to have evidence?
    No, I've no evidence sorry, it's just that I thought I had in the past seen highlights of previous derby matches - the goals basically - shown on Monday evening BBC news bulletins.

Hermit Crab seemed quite categoric that I was imagining that, and I was just wondering if he had evidence to back that up. It's no big deal. I must just be losing it.