hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The ref

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glesgahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what we are up against for the run in
    Not a problem if we continue to play like we did today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Conspiracy theorism is a form of delusion.
    OK see post #30. Time to call it a day on this I think.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Hanlons booking and Forsters booking were the ref being conned by the cheats. perhaps Jordan got his for his reaction to te decision because there was absolutely nothing bookable about the challenge.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For me the supposed head butt was nothing of the sort and would have been a very harsh red.

However, he should have sorted out their persistent fouling a lot sooner and the cummings penalty claim was as clear cut as they get - what was the linesman doing?

Overall a poor refereeing performance IMO.
    Pretty poor head butt but I've seen a lot of sendings off for worse efforts. Officials chickened out because it was the 1st min.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Pretty poor head butt but I've seen a lot of sendings off for worse efforts. Officials chickened out because it was the 1st min.
    Doesn't need to connect it's the movement.

Won't get looked at and will carry on as normal.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I genuinely don't think there's a conspiracy but there is absolutely no doubt those thieving bassa's have got away with murder v us.

The season we knocked them out of the cup they had about 4 retrospective red cards in derbies. Ryan Stevenson 2 footing McPake, McGowan head butting Sproule to name a couple. They genuinely just seem to get away with everything in derbies

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Forster's booking aside, I thought he was alright. Sorry, conspiracy theorists.
    I'd probably agree with that apart from a penalty kick, not booking persistent fouling after it became clear they were lining up to commit a series of niggly fouls to stop the team in green playing and finally between him and his assistant missing Eckersley's violent head motion towards Scott Allan in the first minute? Oh I almost forgot, giving Hearts free kick after free kick after the fell to the ground whether they'd been fouled or not. I needed no other evidence when Alan Preston was giving the referee praise for his performance.....

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    He gave them absolutely everything today. Scotland's must disgusting club and the media and footballing establishment can't fawn over them enough. As a human being I could never bring myself to support that poisonous disease of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Yip. Wonder if the compliance office will take a look at that one??
    Nope....he was sneezing at that point and missed the incident

Glad to see some consistency from the SFA tbf. First kris boyd and now eckersley. Clearly headbutting hibs players isn't a red card offence.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I genuinely don't think there's a conspiracy but there is absolutely no doubt those thieving bassa's have got away with murder v us.

The season we knocked them out of the cup they had about 4 retrospective red cards in derbies. Ryan Stevenson 2 footing McPake, McGowan head butting Sproule to name a couple. They genuinely just seem to get away with everything in derbies

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    And the ref shat it in the penalty incident cos he knew he'd have to send ozturk off......
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Glad to see some consistency from the SFA tbf. First kris boyd and now eckersley. Clearly headbutting hibs players isn't a red card offence.
    The thing is, the referee sent a Dumbarton player off on Wednesday for headbutting Jordan Forster.

But will they do it when it comes to matches involving the clubs from Ibrox and Gorgie? Well, the evidence is there for anyone who chooses to see what's staring them in the face.

The thing is, none of this is some sort of recent phenomenon.
    Last edited by emerald green; 12-04-2015 at 06:32 PM.

The referee was poor in the first half, and if anything worse in the second half after Fyvie and Allen asked what was going on as they left the pitch at half time.

I can understand the "head butt" being missed but still can't believe that we didn't get such a blatant penalty.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

The OP did.
    I don't think he did!!!

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Forster's booking aside, I thought he was alright. Sorry, conspiracy theorists.
    I've not read any further than this post yet but the sun was in your eyes all day or you have to be a yam if you thought he did alright. Less than 60 seconds on the clock and a head butt from the left back, straight red EVERY day of the week. Two bookings for us v 0 for them before half time despite us getting kicked up and down the place by them. Forster's booking was for his reaction to the foul but they should have been playing 89 minutes with a man short and had at least 2 in the book before the break. Fed up saying this today but how many retrospective red card do they need to reach against us before someone starts asking questions?

[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;4345768]We should have had a penalty and how the 1st player booked was wearing green is beyond me.

Still we won so I couldn't care less. Ref was humpty but it didn't matter a jot.[/QUOTE]

This is however the time to raise the issue not when we get beat. We should now be highlighting the decisions against us over a number of years in derby's and asking the question "by the law of averages, how does this work out so heavily in one teams favour" of the people that run the game.

If the ref had a shred of decency he should publicly apologize, concede he had a shocker and waive his match fee and donate it to charity. He won't tho.

Only in football could that be termed a head butt-he rubbed his head along his face.Hanlon's yellow was one every day of the week.The penalty was a stone waller.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Only in football could that be termed a head butt-he rubbed his head along his face.Hanlon's yellow was one every day of the week.The penalty was a stone waller.
    The fact he missed doesn't mean it wasn't violent conduct. The attempt was there, it was a red card and yet again they don't get punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    The fact he missed doesn't mean it wasn't violent conduct. The attempt was there, it was a red card and yet again they don't get punished for it.
    If you think that was violent you've obviously never been to a Brownies meeting night.

If you think that was violent you've obviously never been to a Brownies meeting night.
    I don't go to Brownies meetings, I will leave that to the Hearts fans.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I am sure it will all even itself out over the season.

The ref could have carded a number of Yams but didn't, which was bloody annoying. The refusal of a penalty when that Yam bassa had Cummings in a head lock was every bit as bad and outlandish a decision as Collum's was not to give a foul in the Hanlon incident. Nae wonder folk talk about refs being against us.

The OP did.

Pennyhibee did.

Glesgahibby did.

Edit: And now thebakerboy right above me has topped them all!
    Conspiracy involves more than one person conspiring collectively.
    My comment was based on bias refereeing by an individual,the problem is to many of these individuals think alike

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    The shove on Stevenson near the end by the guy with the coat hangers under his **** top Sow I think was utterly ridiculous, play on WTF

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Agree completely, but in the modern football world that stupid movement of the head gets you a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold in particular. Just off the top of my head here's a couple of glaring examples:

Only a couple of weeks ago Wullie Collum (and his assistant?) somehow didn't think Paul Hanlon being taken out by a Rangers player off the ball wasn't a foul. This led to a goal by The Rangers, effectively killing the game stone dead, and ensuring a vital 3 points for the Ibrox club. Unbelievable.

Leigh Griffiths hits a free kick from 30 yards which hits the underside of the Hearts crossbar and bounces down 3/4 feet over the line. No goal is awarded. The officials again didn't see it. Can you believe that? Unbelievable.

Jordan Foster scores with a terrific header at Tyncastle. A perfectly legitimate goal as TV later proved. It was disallowed, I think, on the say so of the assistant for offside. Unbelievable decision.

I'm sure others can think of many more, but what's the point in trying to stick up for the team you support when you see it getting screwed over. I should just roll over and take all the crap going. Aye that will be right.
    The only thing worse than the diabolical refereeing is using it as an excuse not to support your team.

It's not just this ref that's at fault for this but it absolutely does my head in how many fouls Gomis gets away with before he gets booked - it's been the same every derby this season. Classic Levein tactics - foul, niggle, foul, niggle. End result - scrappy, horrible football games.

Coaching Staff
    Wonder if his earpiece was streaming The Rangers game?