hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Derby attendance

How many do you think will be at the game? The infamous will be celebrating, so we need a big home crowd to make plenty of noise. A win would a huge boost as the play offs approach.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Less than 16k

First Team Breakthrough
    Don't care. Just want to beat them.

Left by mutual consent!

The way our 'support' is just now half of them wouldn't turn out if you sent a car to pick them up and put individual complimentary mints on their seats. 10,000 Hibbies max.

Insert reason / excuse / whatever, here ................................................

Quote Originally Posted by 7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed - while it was great beating them when we sold out Easter Road last season (biggest Edinburgh based Derby crowd in recent times - a crowd the current Tynecaslte can't match anytime soon). A win is a win - and I don't care how many we have turn up. Those Hibs fans who will turn up will be up for it no doubt.

We deserved more from the last 2 derbies but we will have to play better than our last 2 home games v QOS and Sevco.

Sunday is important but guaureented the support will turn out in numbers for the semi final and play off games which are more arguebly more important as they are make or break.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 09-04-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Missing my first derby in over 3 years as I'm on holiday and stupidly forgot to check dates. I wish the team all the best.

A big crowd would be a bonus ,and give our side a lift but I side with Judas, on this. Queens result last night, makes it even more important to us .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The way our 'support' is just now half of them wouldn't turn out if you sent a car to pick them up and put individual complimentary mints on their seats. 10,000 Hibbies max.

Insert reason / excuse / whatever, here ................................................
    This.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

And thats the way to entice them back. I really don't know how hard it is for some folk to get, that a lot of those people who don't go anymore have just had enough of watching drivel.

And mocking them really makes me laugh, and the normal one is watch them moan if the can't get a ticket for any cup final we may get to.

How many folk are we really talking about here, when our average crowd is under 10k and we will get at least twice that and more for a final?

Build it and they will come, they didn't, instead the people in charge put managers in charge of the club that did the opposite, they emptied the new bigger stadium.

People also don't need an excuse for not going to the games.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    13,500 max

Sales look very poor on the spotty dotty.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7062 View Post

We are in the mix and if we were offered this at the start of the season, would we have taken it?

12-13,000

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And thats the way to entice them back. I really don't know how hard it is for some folk to get, that a lot of those people who don't go anymore have just had enough of watching drivel.

And mocking them really makes me laugh, and the normal one is watch them moan if the can't get a ticket for any cup final we may get to.

How many folk are we really talking about here, when our average crowd is under 10k and we will get at least twice that and more for a final?

Build it and they will come, they didn't, instead the people in charge put managers in charge of the club that did the opposite, they emptied the new bigger stadium.

People also don't need an excuse for not going to the games.
    I'm certainly not going to praise them, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I'm certainly not going to praise them, that's for sure.

Nope, especially when drastic changes have been made to try to turn the Club around and this is starting to show the first shoots of success.

I've backed people's right to not attend on many occasions but, given the changes at the club, the style of football the team is trying to play and how much the Club needs their support, the reasons for not going have become more than a bit tiresome.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

Insert reason / excuse / whatever, here: The The Rangers game sickened me. Yet again, when it really mattered, when we had the chance to go 9 points clear of them and cement 2nd spot, we once again never turned up, crapped it or whatever, and all for the princely sum of £28. Absolutely sick of constantly getting my hopes built up that we have a decent side here, only to constantly be booted in the gonads.
    Different manager, different players, same let downs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    12-13,000
    That would be so disappointing. Hopefully 15K minimum. Yes, it's expensive and the game is on TV; and yes, it's the Championship, but it's still derby day, and we have the play offs and a semi final to look forward to.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

sub 15k

12-13,000
    If you are right, I'm going to be embarrassed!! I can't think of a derby in my life where we have not taken 9000 fans to a home game, one which is so important aswell.

It really will show how far we have fallen and how far behind the **** we are.

I think 14500 (which incidentally will still be poor)
    Last edited by Lee Marvin; 10-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Another problem on Sunday is them coming for a party and don't really care if they lose. A lot of folk don't want to see it. The importance of the game for us should over ride this but I think a lot will just stay away sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    If you are right, I'm going to be embarrassed!! I can't think of a derby in my life where we have not taken 9000 fans to a home game, one which is so important aswell.

It really will show how far we have fallen and how far behind the **** we are.

I think 14500 (which incidentally will still be poor)
    A few years ago under Yogi I recall a home game against Hearts when we were chasing Europe we had a piss poor home support.

Went one up with a Stokes pen before they got two late goals.

A few years ago under Yogi I recall a home game against Hearts when we were chasing Europe we had a piss poor home support.

Went one up with a Stokes pen before they got two late goals.
    That' was the one when the east stand had been flattened as well

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That' was the one when the east stand had been flattened as well
    The very fellow, the West and North were nowhere near full which meant a home support of less than 10,400.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Nope, especially when drastic changes have been made to try to turn the Club around and this is starting to show the first shoots of success.

I've backed people's right to not attend on many occasions but, given the changes at the club, the style of football the team is trying to play and how much the Club needs their support, the reasons for not going have become more than a bit tiresome.
    I'm not going. I will be arriving in Palma before the game kicks off. Hope that's not too tiresome for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I'm not going. I will be arriving in Palma before the game kicks off. Hope that's not too tiresome for you.
    To be fair I don't think he was hitting at this type of non-attendance.

More the I don't like Sundays, I don't like early kick offs, I don't like the price and the newest one of I don't like to see them party cos it upsets me.

Work, family, holidays, no money, etc will never receive condemnation from me.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    14K. Money is tight for many fans and if it is a choice between the semi and this game the semi will win every time.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    That would be so disappointing. Hopefully 15K minimum. Yes, it's expensive and the game is on TV; and yes, it's the Championship, but it's still derby day, and we have the play offs and a semi final to look forward to.

Yeah, 12-13,000 is probably a bit low. However, I can't see it being anything but a poor attendance in the Hibs end.

Our crowds recently have actually been steadily decreasing, which TBH, surprises me. We've been on a poor run of late and you can add to that the fact that they'll be whooping it up in their end about having won the league.

Even if we sold a reasonable number of tickets, it seems like lots of ST holders just can't be bothered attending. For instance, the front of the FF always looks dire, it's so empty.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post

I think you missed the point of my post. If you're on holiday, you're on holiday, no biggie.

Not that you need my permission

To be fair I don't think he was hitting at this type of non-attendance.

More the I don't like Sundays, I don't like early kick offs, I don't like the price and the newest one of I don't like to see them party cos it upsets me.

Work, family, holidays, no money, etc will never receive condemnation from me.
    Sunday is not really an early kick off. 2.15pm is a decent enough time for once for a derby.