hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Masters

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky have the Beeb beat hands down with their coverage. It's mostly putts on the Beeb so I'm guessing they don't have anything like the number of cameras that Sky has.
    Sky and the BBC are both relying on the cameras available to the US broadcasters. I think the BBC have been fairly comprehensive since their live coverage got underway - seen nearly every shot hit since Tiger/Rory got underway and they've been fine showing the highlights (chip-ins, good putts, solid approach shots) from the groups further back. However, Sky should be declared winners because they don't have Ken Brown...having said that, they DO have Monty but Sarah Stirk trumps Hazel Irvine
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone know the rule regarding the pine needles that act as rough. Are you allowed to ground the club or is this a hazard?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Sky and the BBC are both relying on the cameras available to the US broadcasters. I tuhink the BBC have been fairly comprehensive since their live coverage got underway - seen nearly every shot hit since Tiger/Rory got underway and they've been fine showing the highlights (chip-ins, good putts, solid approach shots) from the groups further back. However, Sky shoulde declared winners because they don't have Ken Brown...having said that, they DO have Monty but Sarah Stirk trumps Hazel Irvine
    Nah - definately different cameras being used! I've watched both the Beeb and Sky and there's no comparison in the quality of the coverage. Sky rules ok !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Anyone know the rule regarding the pine needles that act as rough. Are you allowed to ground the club or is this a hazard?
    Loose impediments and yes you can ground the club ok.

Rose is in all kinds of bother here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Some recovery from there mind you.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Loose impediments and yes you can ground the club ok.
    I've just watched Rose try to hit a 4 iron (maybe even a 3 iron) without grounding the club in that ****.

Not an easy shot at the best of times, but not grounding a straight faced iron makes it almost impossible to control.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hanny0762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Some recovery from there mind you.
    Deserved to go in.

I've just watched Rose try to hit a 4 iron (maybe even a 3 iron) without grounding the club in that ****.

Not an easy shot at the best of times, but not grounding a straight faced iron makes it almost impossible to control.
    He was probably scared of moving the ball inadvertently so took the risk factor out by not grounding the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was probably scared of moving the ball inadvertently so took the risk factor out by not grounding the club.
    I understand the nuances of the shot, but surely grounding the club several inches behind the ball and punching through it is better than floating the (straight-faced) club-head in the air?

It's how I would have played it...and probably why I'm sat on the sofa sipping red wine

I understand the nuances of the shot, but surely grounding the club several inches behind the ball and punching through it is better than floating the (straight-faced) club-head in the air?

It's how I would have played it...and probably why I'm sat on the sofa sipping red wine
    Hidden roots etc can cause the ball to move, anyway backto the action. Come in Mr Speith - he's carrying the weight of my money at 10/1!

I'm watching on the BBC, and I really miss the Masters theme.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    I'm watching on the BBC, and I really miss the Masters theme.

I do get a bit bored with all the soft focus and schmalzy stuff though. They do it with all sports now. It's a filler because they haven't got anything interesting to say.

Horse racing is the worst. Clare Balding starts it off and then it's slowmo for ages to the sound of ambient music. You half expect some big old chaser to turn to camera and open up with Circle of Life.