hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Now that the authenticity of the OP has been established I''m probably not alone in being a bit surprised at the personal nature of the appeal. Ordinarily we see requests for help for specific charities or events but not for a member of someone's family (or as close as it gets).

That made me think what I would do to try to secure the future of my daughters if I found myself in Marti's situation. The answer, of course, is almost anything.

So I'll certainly be chipping in what I can over the weekend and hope that others continue to do the same.

All the best Marti, I admire your courage, general outlook and positive vibe in what must be an incredibly difficult time.

GGTTH and the Hi-Bee family.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Folks, I appreciate how my posts look. If it's any reassurance, I am exchanging messages with Marti. We've agreed that it was a misunderstanding.

Unfortunately he is not well enough to keep talking at the moment, but he is keen to take me up on the offer of running a benefit gig for him.

If you are prepared to let me eat humble pie, then details of that will be available once we can get something together.

Please appreciate that sometimes awkward questions have to be asked. I am sure that Marti is not the type, but other unscrupulous individuals do exploit other people's better nature.

First Team Breakthrough marti1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that the authenticity of the OP has been established I''m probably not alone in being a bit surprised at the personal nature of the appeal. Ordinarily we see requests for help for specific charities or events but not for a member of someone's family (or as close as it gets).

That made me think what I would do to try to secure the future of my daughters if I found myself in Marti's situation. The answer, of course, is almost anything.

So I'll certainly be chipping in what I can over the weekend and hope that others continue to do the same.

All the best Marti, I admire your courage, general outlook and positive vibe in what must be an incredibly difficult time.

GGTTH and the Hi-Bee family.
    Cheers for that mate, i appreciate it. I have no qualms about anyone wishing to verify me but the way tnis person was going anout it and moving goalposts etc was just not very pleasant. INSISTING all the time about my home address constantly it was just getting just weird and creeping me out somewhat, ha ha. Especially when it is all on my go fund me page that a mate of mine has contacted him and it seemed all sorted...but no, he then started back here wanting to come to my house again.....very odd.

So anyway it was only a final despairing try for help, nothing more nothing less. Just to help my wee one whom i love dearly as my own little girl, just doing as you say what most normal minded fathers would want if they were in the same situation i am sure for their own families.

It has just upset me and made me slightly sick this afternoon tom be made to feel so bad and i was almost at the stage of pulling the whole lot as it had wound me up so much.

So it is good to hear some decent words from someone and i have calmed again....so again thank you, just a pity this person has managed to get this thread moved to this forum which is not nearly so busy as the other one so nowhere near the same coverage now...maybe that was the aim, who knows.....

Thank you once again and anything is gratefully accepted as i have said all along ok, cheers,

Marti.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    That's all very well but the admins could have been contacted discretely if there were any concerns and there's a 'nice' way of verifying someone's identity. Now, due to one person's actions, the thread has been moved so potentially less donations will come in. Very sad.
    Yes lessons have to be learned now matter how old we are. As a fellow nurse, I'm sure you've been in situations where you have had to challenge assumptions and been unpopular for it. I'm happier to take the flak now, than how I would feel if it did turn out to be sinister and I hadn't raised concerns.

In fairness, I didn't move the thread, I only asked questions. I'm sure you could have a word with some of your pals in admin. to get it moved back.

Like it or not, some people do exploit these situations, and take advantage of other people's humanity. I am still talking to Marti, and we are very much working towards a solution. As he said, maybe we got off on the wrong foot. If I could turn back the clock I would, but I can't.

It's no excuse, Matron, but it didn't help when you brought the job into it. You must know that a dispassionate approach to care is sometimes needed. It's quite hurtful for you to suggest that I was taking some sort of pleasure from the situation.

It's regrettable that some of the exchanges between me and Marti were removed. When people see blank spaces, they start filling in their own information.

I think it is only right for somebody to ask who a person asking for £20,000 actually is. Marti appreciates this, and has accepted my offer to run a benefit night for him.

It would be great if he was able to accept your kind offer of going to the game. I'd give you what I can raise to pass on to him.

Meantime, let me make it clear that I am not trying to get out of paying up. I think the post was deleted - but to show good faith, if Marti's story isn't genuine (and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't) then I'll give £100 to Leith Links.

It's not about me - despite what has been suggested so far.

Anyway onwards, and upwards, I've given Marti a few ideas for delivering the money to him. He's said he's not comfortable in giving out his address, phone number, or post code. Hopefully he'll be able to pass on details of the hospital he's being treated in - it would be a safe and neutral environment to hand over the money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marti1875 View Post
    Cheers for that mate, i appreciate it. I have no qualms about anyone wishing to verify me but the way tnis person was going anout it and moving goalposts etc was just not very pleasant. INSISTING all the time about my home address constantly it was just getting just weird and creeping me out somewhat, ha ha. Especially when it is all on my go fund me page that a mate of mine has contacted him and it seemed all sorted...but no, he then started back here wanting to come to my house again.....very odd.

So anyway it was only a final despairing try for help, nothing more nothing less. Just to help my wee one whom i love dearly as my own little girl, just doing as you say what most normal minded fathers would want if they were in the same situation i am sure for their own families.

It has just upset me and made me slightly sick this afternoon tom be made to feel so bad and i was almost at the stage of pulling the whole lot as it had wound me up so much.

So it is good to hear some decent words from someone and i have calmed again....so again thank you, just a pity this person has managed to get this thread moved to this forum which is not nearly so busy as the other one so nowhere near the same coverage now...maybe that was the aim, who knows.....

Thank you once again and anything is gratefully accepted as i have said all along ok, cheers,

Marti.
    Sorry Marti, I think you must have typed this before you read my last PM and the post I just sent to FS.

Would you be happier if I could give you the money at hospital - or some other neutral venue. You also said I had arranged to meet your friend - I offered to meet him but he didn't make arrangements.

Anyway it's all about getting the money to you. As I explained I didn't like to send the money through that internet site, as they take an administration fee. You are a bit worried about giving out your personal details - so maybe we can find a compromise such as I give the money to Frank Suzy, who is going to try and get you to Easter Road?

As I said, I didn't ask for this thread to be moved. I only asked who you were. As you say, that was a misunderstanding, and I hope you are still as keen for me to do a benefit night as you were when you sent the PM.

I can vouch for Martin, I worked with him, went to football with him season ticket holders in North Stand with him when it first opened and got pissed lots of times in the Percy and Nicol Edwards with him.

Cheers gringojoe for that ok

Right lets hope this can all get going again and without all the hassles. Yesterday affected me and brought in some horrible pains as i was stressing out way too much considering my health position i am in.

I do believe this has been asked to be moved back to the main thread for a while but all "cleaned" up and without our bickering, confusing posts. So i really do hope so to get max coverage, even for a few days?

Hopefully from a Mod with the TWO links where one tells my full story and was the main story of the day in The Samui Times in Thailand and the other link that takes you to the "go fund me" page for my wee one where there is and has to be a much shortened version.

Also that the mods will confirm i am genuine and then we can see this a nice new fresh thread, nice and simple all friendly all singing and dancing happy one this time now we seem to have things all sorted out at last with me DEFINITELY NOT being Thai ok, ha ha

Lets wait and see how they think of it as it has been suggested to do this i believe so.......

In the meantime you can still click on the links at the top of my OP if anyone is even interested now of course....maybe all scared off now but i do sincerely hope not, it was/is just to get more coverage and help my wee one before i die mothing sinister whatsoever......i though tit was a food idea to get it on here as well!! ha ha

Yes Phill d rolls i am really hoping to see if my legs recover and i can walk again for long enough to get to a game at E.R. before i do depart this world so fingers crossed as i would love it to be back just the one more time for sure so, here's to my health being controlled long enough!

Thanks guys and girls everything and anything is so much appreciated ok no matter the amount how big or how small, you can also do it anonymously too by just typing anonymous person in the name even if you wish.

Cheers and thanks to all who have already donated too ok,
    Last edited by marti1875; 04-04-2015 at 05:40 AM. Reason: ipad keyboard possessed and wonky typing

Admins, please can this thread be moved back to the MB since the main antagonist has left the building?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    why on earth has FR been emptied, can people not learn how to use the ignore button

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    why on earth has FR been emptied, can people not learn how to use the ignore button
    Yip, i think he should have used it as well, oh well.Not as if he wasn't warned about 10 times in this thread alone.

For your info i see people yet again jumping to conclusions i had absolutely NOTHING to do with if he has gone or not...nothing so get that straight ok, i. have never used a report button in my life andno clue where it even is.
    I never done anythinig here ffs!!!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marti1875 View Post
    For your info i see people yet again jumping to conclusions i had absolutely NOTHING to do with if he has gone or not...nothing so get that straight ok, i. have never used a report button in my life andno clue where it even is.
    I never done anythinig here ffs!!!
    Not your fault he has gone Marti.

Stay strong.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    If he'd contacted the guy privately instead of broadcasting everything on the main board there would be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Not your fault he has gone Marti.

Stay strong.
    Cheers Silver, your words are music to my ears after the nonsense from before that was just getting silly so i thank you for your support.

Hiber-nation: Thank you too but there actually WAS PM's too but it was just getting weird and quite disturbing in some then normal in some but anyway, lets forget this all as my wee thread has gone off track and the point seems to now have been missed......well maybe not but still....ha ha...i just want a relaxing day and to hear we have won as well as yesterday this stressed me out too much....thanks all ok.

Perhaps some lessons to be learned all round about how a thread like this, which is very personal and emotive and where someone is asking for donations, is published and promoted on here?

Am sure a validation or a statement that all has been ok'd by the admin team may have avoided this situation and given everyone asking the akward questions FR did bring up early in the thread would have been reassured all was good.

Anyway good luck Martin! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Perhaps some lessons to be learned all round about how a thread like this, which is very personal and emotive and where someone is asking for donations, is published and promoted on here?

Am sure a validation or a statement that all has been ok'd by the admin team may have avoided this situation and given everyone asking the akward questions FR did bring up early in the thread would have been reassured all was good.

Anyway good luck Martin! :-)
    I posted this in response to a question on the Private Members board (before the op deleted the thread)

Common sense & trust ..the IJ "incident" happened a long time ago & since then we have had a few requests that have caused no issues whatsoever.

No-one is twisting arms up backs, if they don't want to give then they don't give, its as simple as that.

The thread that seems to be "creating interest" was put before & discussed by Admins before it went onto the main forum, if there was any element of doubt then it wouldn't have went up

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    I posted this in response to a question on the Private Members board (before the op deleted the thread)

Common sense & trust ..the IJ "incident" happened a long time ago & since then we have had a few requests that have caused no issues whatsoever.

No-one is twisting arms up backs, if they don't want to give then they don't give, its as simple as that.

The thread that seems to be "creating interest" was put before & discussed by Admins before it went onto the main forum, if there was any element of doubt then it wouldn't have went up
    Far enough. I wondered if a wee statement from an Admin, along the lines of what you posted above, in the initial post might just help people take it at a little more at face value and in good faith.

Lots of folks do take such requests for financial help with a pinch of salt which is just a reality of life online.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Far enough. I wondered if a wee statement from an Admin, along the lines of what you posted above, in the initial post might just help people take it at a little more at face value and in good faith.

Lots of folks do take such requests for financial help with a pinch of salt which is just a reality of life online.
    We shouldn't have to give statements, most if not all requests for charity donation threads go through Admin first before they go live on the forums, that in itself should be enough ..

The thread got out of hand & it was dealt with by Admins..

We move on ..

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    We shouldn't have to give statements, most if not all requests for charity donation threads go through Admin first before they go live on the forums, that in itself should be enough ..

The thread got out of hand & it was dealt with by Admins..

We move on ..
    No I agree you shouldnt have to, but it may help :-)

Anyway, moving on :-)

Yes i fully agree....so you pair move on will you eh? huh...what are you like...heh heh Away and get yer dosh out quick quick.

Yes all forgotten and onwards and upwards...well i hope as now on here seeing i got rudely "relegated" down to the bottom league the momentum has gone after an initial flurry of good things at the beginning....i shall try to return and fight my way back up to the top league and the Holy Grail of the main forum once more, ha ha

Still got my humour thankfully, well, what humour i ever had to start with of course which was admittedly not much....

Well on looking at things this thread is a dead duck floating in the water now since being unceremoniously dumped into the dungeons in here,

Coverage since it moved here has fell right off and just as a handful of donations were beginning to come in whilst it was on the main thread it has stopped dead now since it got moved and of course many would have no idea where it even vanished to as it did literally move very quickly with no warning where to as even i had no idea at first when i came back to look and it was gone, ha ha

The carry-on never helped either of course but hey ho, nothing i can do about that now so nothing to gain by going back over that again, it's finished.

So, i am heading in to St Columba's Hospice soon, hopefully this week in fact a.s.a.p just to get much needed close attention for my pain relief as it is not very good right now and getting worse but hteybate busy though...yes, you even have to queue up to die in this country, ha ha...dying to get in dying to get oot i think,

Thanks to a couple of lovely people on here i am getting things sorted to be able to hopefully make it back to E.R for a game before the season ends which would probably be my last game ever if my condition doesn't get a miracle to heal it so i hope and pray i will make it for one wee final visit to the stadium.

So, to any admins just ditch or close this thread now ok as there is no life in it any more....a wee bit like myself, ha ha

To everyone who gave messages of support and to the few who had indeed donated i thank you so very much indeed as the donations i did from you are a handful lof donations i wouldn't have got if i didn't get permission to put this thread up in the first place so some good did come of this even though it was short and sweet and deteriorated rather quickly in a short space of time, ha ha
    It was and is very much appreciated....even to the token Yam who donated too! He said came onto the main thread, read my links and the full story so then came to go fund me and donated so big thumbs up to you mate if you do manage to read this ok.

Thanks again guys and girls

@hibs.net private member
    Hey Marti, im glad your going to get sorted with pain relief and probably some good company at the hospice, its a place thats well spoken of by everybody i know who has had family members there.
    Can i just say that threads like yours pretty much always go in the dug out, yours got an extra wee while on the main forum than the norm. I dont want you to think it was unceremoniously dumped or hidden away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Hey Marti, im glad your going to get sorted with pain relief and probably some good company at the hospice, its a place thats well spoken of by everybody i know who has had family members there.
    Can i just say that threads like yours pretty much always go in the dug out, yours got an extra wee while on the main forum than the norm. I dont want you to think it was unceremoniously dumped or hidden away.
    Ah cheers Mrs S. i hadn't a clue as i went away as i was gettting bombarded on thr go fund me page and on here in public and private so i went off as it was stressing me...but when i came back it was gone so i just assumed it got moved due to the silly way it seemed tombe transpiring and losing the whole point , ha ha

Yes St Columba's has had a multi million facelift recently so it's supposed to be really well done inside so i will soon find out hopefully...if they have any space that is,

Inwas supposed to go inlast week before Easter but there was "no room at the Inn" so to speak which i did and do find amusing as i said in my post before this one,

Cheers for that as i never knew, all i saw was the way it was getting a but silly then it had vanished to here so......

Martin lost his battle with cancer and died this morning. RIP.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    So sorry to hear that.

@hibs.net private member
    Sad news.

RIP Martin x

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Incredibly sad. RIP Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by gringojoe View Post
    Martin lost his battle with cancer and died this morning. RIP.
    Sorry to hear that, thoughts to Martins family

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Gutted, RIP Martin and condolences to your family.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Sad news. I hope he managed to raise some money for his family in thailand as it was obviously important to him as a last wish. RIP Martin.