hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hearts and Save the children....

Surely after their recent history thats an april fools.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4268

advertising it with the hastag

#perfectmatch

2. Log in to remove the advert

I love to kick Hearts as much as the next man but I can't see much to criticise in that.

Coaching Staff
    Charities and children. Make your own headlines.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love to kick Hearts as much as the next man but I can't see much to criticise in that.
    It's really about what they do when they get hold of the money, and where it "rests" etc before it reaches the charity - I think budgie will care more about the stigma of impropriety than the last lot who have long since taken the money and ran.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Charities and children. Make your own headlines.
    Yep, you'd think there'd be puppies and kittens in this as well. Typical yam - pray for the puppies and kittens I say.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Absolutely no difference whether its Save the Children or Wonga, ..... Hearts are being paid to display the logo on their shirts, they're not doing this for "charity"
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

A seven figure sum over three years being split between the club and the charity. Being funded by "philanthropy".

So if hertz weren't involved this philanthropist would be giving Save the Children at least another half a million quid.

Same old club, robbing charities and **** the Children.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    Absolutely no difference whether its Save the Children or Wonga, ..... Hearts are being paid to display the logo on their shirts, they're not doing this for "charity"
    So it is either
    A Save the children are using donations to buy space on the Hearts top or
    B Some loaded Hearts fan/fans cut a deal with Save the Children were they give them the 7 figure sum on the understanding it is used to buys space on Hearts tops and they will gift aid it and claim 20% back for the Charity and all the donators will right it off on their accounts as a charitable donation.

Good work dodging tax and yet still looking good :0

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Surely after their recent history thats an april fools.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4268

advertising it with the hastag

#perfectmatch
    ...well at least if they Save the Children from any pervs they decide to employ they will be doing some service to the community

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    If they are being sponsored to promote this charity via shirt adverts why are they (and others) saying look at us - how wonderful are we? How can they hoodwink folk into believing that they have gone from thieves and embezzlers to paragons of virtue and saviours of the universe in such a short time. It is hard for me to remove my green goggles when I speak of THEM but Ms Budge portraying herself as Mother Theresa - give me a break!
    You'd think Save The Children would have done a bit of research into who they were aligning themselves with.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 01-04-2015 at 11:55 AM.

The irony of their history of kiddy fiddling and stealing money from children's charities will be totally lost on them as well.

The # makes it even more cringe.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    April Fools Surely...a club who have employed a convicted peodofile as their Manager and have had a player on their books convicted for the same offence in recent times gain a tie up with 'save the children', you seriously could not make this up

Thieves, cheats and pervs, this has to be a wind up

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    All the credit should go to the anonymous benefactor but in saying that Anne Budge seems to be doing stuff in the correct manner.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    All the credit should go to the anonymous benefactor but in saying that Anne Budge seems to be doing stuff in the correct manner.

Sorry but I think this is purely a publicity issue. "Look at us, look at what this club is doing, we are so full of love for the world" - full of if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Thieves, cheats and pervs, this has to be a wind up

Has nobody checked their calendars today
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

After all they have done, the irony in them doing this is off the scale.

Really have no shame that lot!

Looks like a Win Win for Hearts and the charity. Football can be a power for good. I don't see anything wrong there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Has nobody checked their calendars today
    It's on the Hearts Official Site, I thought it was an April Fools till I went on their site without following the link in the OP.

They are a bunch of publicity slags tbh. If its not the living wage, its charity sponsors. I remember people on kickback saying once we survive liquidation we will start a fund to pay the 180 odd small local companies that got bumped. Needless to say that never happened.
    Last edited by CB_NO3; 01-04-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Evening News comments are interesting - they are removing factual comments about Hearts previously employing sex offenders and charities losing money in their administration.

They might be trying to change but those things are facts that shouldn't be forgotten.

Evening News comments are interesting - they are removing factual comments about Hearts previously employing sex offenders and charities losing money in their administration.

They might be trying to change but those things are facts that shouldn't be forgotten.
    #WinstonSmith

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    [/B]

Sorry but I think this is purely a publicity issue. "Look at us, look at what this club is doing, we are so full of love for the world" - full of if you ask me.

the grunts absolutely love publicity, any publicity, good or bad makes no difference they just love being in the media, as for budge i'l give her credit if she publicly states that she would like to compensate all the local creditors this club recently bumped, i take it no one has pointed out the irony of her club 'saving the children' when that club has employed sex offenders in recent years couldn't make this up eh

If this was an April Fools joke, it would surely class as the least funny joke ever.

This is all part of Hearts being re-branded as the kind, caring club, nice to children and little kittens. Any references to anything bad in our past will be denied and deleted.

Oh and have they asked Hibs for permission to use the Hibernian FC Crest on their official website? I think Hibs should be told and a request made that it is removed immediately.

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Disgusting, no shame whatsoever. What's worse is the media making them look like bastions of social conscience. Let us never forget what they are.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Disgusting, no shame whatsoever. What's worse is the media making them look like bastions of social conscience. Let us never forget what they are.
    The media that like to use the full name of 'convicted rapist Ched Evans' instead of just 'Ched Evans'.

Hearts should always be referred to as serial employer of convicted sex pests and stiffer of charities, small business and pensions.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Radio forth suggesting they are the first uk club to carry a charity on their shirt, Aston Villa might be shocked to hear that
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Radio forth suggesting they are the first uk club to carry a charity on their shirt, Aston Villa might be shocked to hear that
    And every other football club that has played with a red poppy on their shirt, the symbol of Lady Haig's Poppy Factory and a registered charity.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I'm sure they'll be using the proceeds from this deal to repay some of the people they ripped off when they went under. Won't they?