hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

...there was me thinking we were in a scrap for second place and promotion. **** all that malarkey, lets all pagger amongst ourselves aboot rules, clubrooms and **** best left to auld gadgies in bowling clubs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear mister Riley,

This email is meant to give you the opportunity to correct the impression your behaviour has made on me so far. I do hope you will take the chance to make things right for every Hibernian supporter.

As I was made painfully aware of at the last attended branche meeting of St. Pat's, the HSA doesnot give the impression to represent the whole of branches supporting our football club.
    To organise a meeting at the same time as my branche's without inviting St. Pat's to discuss the ideas put forward is outrageous.

It seems hard that you will need an out of town member to remind you of our history. From the very start we have been a social club. Raised by the Irish, open to anyone. Open to other points of view, always striving to do best for the collective.

In this light, the unwillingness to discuss matters brought forward by one of the branches with the sole aim of improvement, is unacceptable. Even worse, the idea of excluding members, just for the reason they are not living in the country Hibernian FC is based at, is in simple contrast with the very meaning of our club.

I will not go into detail about the abusive language used by you to express your personal feelings towards our St. Pat's chairperson. As any civilised person would do, not even considering your position as a representative for all of us, I expect you to humbly apologise for your inappropriate behaviour. And with that we shall move forward.

As forward should be the aim for all of us. Not withstanding a difference of opinions, not withstanding personal resentments. We should, as branches united, aim for the best way of developing our interests and our Hibernian FC.

I expect you to guide this process in a democratic and rightful way. Taking in concern not only the majority, but with an eye open to a minority as well. As our club is meant to be.

Therefore I expect you, as well as the whole of HSA and the Hibernian Association Trustees, to welcome the St. Pat's branche and our ideas as an opportunity to make Hibernian FC and the HSA even better then we are today.

As always, openness is the key to our club. I therefore invite you to answer this email.

I don't expect you to agree on every point made. This is not my goal. My goal is to be a member of a club, an association and a branche open to the world. Taking into account different opinions. And from there on collectively aiming forward. This I do expect of you.

Kind regards and awaiting your response,

Just Krijn
    Uilenburgstraatje 6
    5211 ED 's-Hertogenbosch
    The Netherlands
    Well said Just! GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member
    Stanton/Central/Carlton wanting them binned aswell?

Sad times when Hibs fans are squabbling with each other. Had the 'pleasure' of sitting next to an HSA associate on the train on Saturday who done plenty of mouthing off against St Pats and made his views clear on the phone. Asked the bunch of us if we were 'St Pats lads'.

The Blazers need to get off their power trip asap.

AGM (no coincedence Easter Sunday was picked!) will be interesting. The only vote their should be is one of a MR. resignation.

First Team Breakthrough invisible man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post

Sad times when Hibs fans are squabbling with each other. Had the 'pleasure' of sitting next to an HSA associate on the train on Saturday who done plenty of mouthing off against St Pats and made his views clear on the phone. Asked the bunch of us if we were 'St Pats lads'.

AGM (no coincedence Easter Sunday was picked!) will be interesting. The only vote their should be is one of a MR. resignation.
    AGM is always the first Sunday in April, it's in the rules :)

When I first clicked the link I thought it was going to be a charity football match or something 😃. Suppose thats why I dont go to clubs due to their silly regimented rules. Its a place for a pint, not the house of commons.

I remember at the Cally bowling club one day before a Derby I ordered one pint and had to put it on a tray to carry. Then I got a row for putting my jacket on the back of my seat instead of the designated hooks.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Mike Reilly seems like a walloper full of misguided delusions of self-importance.

Total roaster.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

I think it's only fair to point out that this is not really about out of town members, it is about the alleged threat of expulsion of one of the HSA branches.

No need to bring Carlton Branch into this, but as you have I will respond. This is the idea of the trustees, and Carlton Branch does not back the "expulsion". Certain trustees are making themselves look very silly over this, and I suggest certain positions are now untenable.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    No need to bring Carlton Branch into this, but as you have I will respond. This is the idea of the trustees, and Carlton Branch does not back the "expulsion". Certain trustees are making themselves look very silly over this, and I suggest certain positions are now untenable.
    Me? :(

Quote Originally Posted by invisible man View Post
    Me? :(
    Certainly not you Mr R....Probably one of the few who comes out of this with any dignity

Certainly not you Mr R....Probably one of the few who comes out of this with any dignity
    I'll buy you a diet bru

@hibs.net private member
    B, it wasn't my aim to drag anyone into anything, more a question that clearly wasn't worded correctly. Cheers for clarifying though.

B, it wasn't my aim to drag anyone into anything, more a question that clearly wasn't worded correctly. Cheers for clarifying though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

...there was me thinking we were in a scrap for second place and promotion. **** all that malarkey, lets all pagger amongst ourselves aboot rules, clubrooms and **** best left to auld gadgies in bowling clubs
    Couldnt agree more.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm not a member of any of the Supporters branches or the Hibs Club itself therefore I've no axe to grind. However there is an expression which says you shouldn't wash your dirty linen in public and maybe this wee spat should have been handled internally and not publicised via an internet forum.

Why's St Pats Patron and Honary member Pat Stanton?

Is this not treading on Stanton Branch's toes?

🙊

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Why's St Pats Patron and Honary member Pat Stanton?

Is this not treading on Stanton Branch's toes?

On behalf of the Stanton Branch - no toes stepped on whatsoever.

Also, still on behalf of the Branch, & in response to an earlier post, the Branch has no axe to grind whatsover with the St Pat's Branch.

Speaking personally, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they have went about their business since their formation with their social & charitable activities. They are a throwback to what Branches used to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    On behalf of the Stanton Branch - no toes stepped on whatsoever.

Also, still on behalf of the Branch, & in response to an earlier post, the Branch has no axe to grind whatsover with the St Pat's Branch.

Speaking personally, I have nothing but total admiration for the way they have went about their business since their formation with their social & charitable activities. They are a throwback to what Branches used to be about.
    Fair enough, was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerted View Post
    Mr. Riley and others in the HSA, have for whatever reason, taken a dislike to the St. Patrick's Branch in general.

Over the past year or so, we have been accused of:

- wanting to take over the Hibs Club
    - bullying other Branches
    - stealing members
    - not using the Hibs Club etc, etc

although you will always find St. Patrick's Branch members in the Club before and after all home games!

There seems to be no distinction in their eyes between the Supporters' Association and the actual Hibs Club (which is clearly all that they are interested in!).

The Branch has been trying since it's formation over the past 4 years, to bring the "Association" into the 21st Century. We have only asked that the "Rule Book" be updated to reflect the needs and aspirations of all Hibs Supporters and to build the Association, so that it has a strong voice to represent the Fans with Hibernian F.C. We should be encouraging all fans to join the Association (hopefully by joining a Branch), but if not, just joining so that all views are represented. By default therefore, the Hibs Club would benefit from this increased membership.

The Association should be making use of the technology available today, to keep in contact with members by text, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter etc. The most common complaint from fans, is that they never have any contact from the Association or Branch, unless it's on the Noticeboard within the Club itself. Even though the AGM is being held this Sunday, there is no requirement to notify members of this event.....................one of the rules we would want to change in due course.

So, if you think that the St. Patrick's Branch and it's Members should continue to pursue and promote causes such as: The Dan McMichael Headstone, St. Patrick's Church Plaque, Leith Links et al, then please attend the AGM and give us your support.
    You cant argue with a lot of this in my opinion. As someone else said sometimes the Hibs club does give off a wee bit of the vibe you get from your local bowling club, I've been around a few and I'm not sure that's a very flattering comparison

It cant be a bad idea to give the HSA a shake up and bring things a bit more up to date, especially when it comes to communications and being more aggressive in ..... A) attracting members ...... and B) making it a lot easier for individuals to join.

On the other hand I have also heard the various accusations listed above, especially the one about St Pat's 'attracting' members from other branches. I wouldn't call it 'stealing' because folk have a free choice as to what branch ( if any ) they want to be members of and there's no doubt St Pat's seem to work very hard at making the branch attractive to new members. But it must be the case that some members have switched from other branches and its understandable that these branches would be miffed about that.

But ...... Because this situation appears to have been brought into the public domain of H.Net and the Bounce by members of St Patrick's branch, as far as I am concerned its only fair that every angle of the discussion is brought into the light as to why some branches and committee members of the HSA appear to have a problem with them. Its the Elephant in the room and we all know what it is ... I have had my say before on the subject and my opinion is no secret, but if it is part of the issue's that are causing division between Hibs fans at the very heart of the clubs core support it needs to be made part of this discussion, no matter how unpalatable some people may find that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Fair enough, was just curious.
    Sound. It was a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    You cant argue with a lot of this in my opinion. As someone else said sometimes the Hibs club does give off a wee bit of the vibe you get from your local bowling club, I've been around a few and I'm not sure that's a very flattering comparison

It cant be a bad idea to give the HSA a shake up and bring things a bit more up to date, especially when it comes to communications and being more aggressive in ..... A) attracting members ...... and B) making it a lot easier for individuals to join.

On the other hand I have also heard the various accusations listed above, especially the one about St Pat's 'attracting' members from other branches. I wouldn't call it 'stealing' because folk have a free choice as to what branch ( if any ) they want to be members of and there's no doubt St Pat's seem to work very hard at making the branch attractive to new members. But it must be the case that some members have switched from other branches and its understandable that these branches would be miffed about that.

But ...... Because this situation appears to have been brought into the public domain of H.Net and the Bounce by members of St Patrick's branch, as far as I am concerned its only fair that every angle of the discussion is brought into the light as to why some branches and committee members of the HSA appear to have a problem with them. Its the Elephant in the room and we all know what it is ... I have had my say before on the subject and my opinion is no secret, but if it is part of the issue's that are causing division between Hibs fans at the very heart of the clubs core support it needs to be made part of this discussion, no matter how unpalatable some people may find that.
    I dont know what the Elephant in the room is and i would dearly like to know as its very hard to understand why Hibs fans are at each others throats when we need unity like at no other time. We could , and i mean could , spend another season outside the top flight and then we we will need all hands on deck.

I have only come in contact with the St Pats boys once and they gave the impression they were interested in Hibs and all aspects of Hibernian past , present and future. They gave all a cheery welcome , spoke to me on arrival and thanked all for attending. The fact that this all took place in a cemetery added to the first impressions they made.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm an out of town member but was never told at anytime that I had lesser rights than other members. However I use the club before and sometimes after the games along with several mates who use the club regularluy out with of Hibs games. They have stated that the St Pats branch are trying to change the rule book which would give them a greater say in the club. I'm told also that St Pats branch we're going to be expelled from the HSA at the AGM. If someone can post a copy of the rule book and the proposed amendments then we can see what is being proposed.

I've been critical of the St Pats branch based on postings on here of one or two of their members but I'm not keen on expelling others for having a different opinion. I really dislike the implication that this is religious based. It appears personality based.

Mike Reilly gets bad press on here due to his press coverage and viewson the running of the football club, but by all accounts he has run the social club exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    I dont know what the Elephant in the room is and i would dearly like to know as its very hard to understand why Hibs fans are at each others throats when we need unity like at no other time. We could , and i mean could , spend another season outside the top flight and then we we will need all hands on deck.
    I have from time to time had issues with certain aspects of St Pat's stuff, where in my opinion the branches stated aim of celebrating and preserving Hibs Irish roots and history have spilled over into a scenario where it could be viewed as not so much preserving the clubs history as, intentionally or not, turning us into a sort of east coast Celtic.

I do not particularly want to have that discussion again, but in the context of the OP and the fact that there appears to be some long standing issues between St Pat's and some people within the HSA I was interested to see if there were folk in the HSA who shared my view and if this was part of the current problem. If its not then fine. but if it is then as I said it needs to be part of the discussion.

I would agree with other posters that even if there was an issue with St Pat's on this or any other aspects of their branch that any proposal to expel them from the HSA would seem a step too far ... above all else people should have a right to voice their opinions.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 30-03-2015 at 03:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I have from time to time had issues with certain aspects of St Pat's stuff, where in my opinion the branches stated aim of celebrating and preserving Hibs Irish roots and history have spilled over into a scenario where it could be viewed as not so much preserving the clubs history as, intentionally or not, turning us into a sort of east coast Celtic.

I do not particularly want to have that discussion again, but in the context of the OP and the fact that there appears to be some long standing issues between St Pat's and some people within the HSA I was interested to see if there were folk in the HSA who shared my view and if this was part of the current problem. If its not then fine. but if it is then as I said it needs to be part of the discussion.

I've often though that some of the St Pat's members who post on here, have let's say, a very high opinion of themselves and seem intent on "educating" us lesser mortals on the history of our Club as if we weren't aware of it already.

With regard to this particular issue, then in the interests of impartiality, it would be interesting to here the other side of the argument (debate)

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

I would agree with other posters that even if there was an issue with St Pat's on this or any other aspects of their branch that any proposal to expel them from the HSA would seem a step too far ... above all else people should have a right to voice their opinions.
    This 'east coast Celtic' bowff is extremely tedious and as Hibbies we should rise above such nonsense. The plaque installation at St Patrick's church and the rededication of Dan McMichael's grave are not the actions of anyone Celtic-minded. And if there are people that are thinking that way then their agenda is both askew and highly suspect in my opinion. Highly suspect.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

I've often though that some of the St Pat's members who post on here, have let's say, a very high opinion of themselves and seem intent on "educating" us lesser mortals on the history of our Club as if we weren't aware of it already.

With regard to this particular issue, then in the interests of impartiality, it would be interesting to here the other side of the argument (debate)
    A number of people who post on here have very high opinions of themselves. And I don't see any issue with attempts at educating people, any people, on our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

This for me too GB

Pandora's box has been opened so to speak and I'm sure a lot of people would like the information required to make their minds up on this, that being:

1) .... Exactly what changes are St Pat's proposing

2) .... If the HSA do have issues with St Pat's exactly what are they

I'd rather read about how far on (or not) the branches are getting on with persuading members on the HSL scheme than this jumpers and blazers nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    A number of people who post on here have very high opinions of themselves. And I don't see any issue with attempts at educating people, any people, on our history.
    I think that's the point though Iggy. Nobody has an issue with the Dan McMichael or plaque stuff, in fact many have praised St Pat's for their efforts, myself included. I do not think those of us, like myself, who have from time to time taken umbrage at some of St Pat's stuff have a "high opinion of themselves" ..... we do care about Hibs every bit as much as you do and that includes the image of the club and the image of the people who support it.