hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Semi Final..

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure to be honest! Ones getting treatment may well be in but don't think they have training unless someone else can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And why should they be in

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    And why should they be in
    I never said they should? Someone just asked a question to me and I answered!!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Ah we are back to previous appointments now.

Good night all!
    Sleep tight Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I remember the glory days when i was accused of being a bed wetter in the SPL, surely we deserve a different type of abuse in the Championship?
    The glory days of finishing 4th in the top league, just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Sorry but I don't share your bleak outlook. It wouldn't be a disaster if we weren't to get promoted and we would simply adapt by signing players within our reduced budget.

You're also doing your fellow supporters a disservice by suggesting we would desert the club even more. We might lose a few but we are down to our hard core and most of them will appreciate the progress that has been made even if it falls slightly short.

That infrastructure that you say means nothing will be one of the reasons why we will survive and come back stronger...even if it takes us a few years.
    FFS Peter, you will still be a happy bunny when we are playing part time football won't you.

It would be a disaster if we don't get promoted this season, just like it will be a disaster if The Rangers don't get promoted, we have to go up, simple as that, another season in this league could see us lose 1000 ST holders who may just have had enough, that means a reduced budget which means poorer players and another season in this league and we lose another 1000 ST holders because folk will have had enough of being stuck in this league for two seasons on the trot, the money we would lose staying in this league with no big games and the club will be in serious trouble.

Simply put, we can't be in this pishy league for a few years, and if we are then the revolving door will start spinning as it is a results business and Stubbs will be out the door, it's that simple, we aren't going to stick with a manager who can't get us out this league.

Two seasons in this league and it will be Deja Vu all over again. Dempster out, Stubbs Out, Craig Out. Is that what you want as that it is how it will go if we are still in in this league a few years down the line.

We need to get promoted.

End Off.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    FFS Peter, you will still be a happy bunny when we are playing part time football won't you.

It would be a disaster if we don't get promoted this season, just like it will be a disaster if The Rangers don't get promoted, we have to go up, simple as that, another season in this league could see us lose 1000 ST holders who may just have had enough, that means a reduced budget which means poorer players and another season in this league and we lose another 1000 ST holders because folk will have had enough of being stuck in this league for two seasons on the trot, the money we would lose staying in this league with no big games and the club will be in serious trouble.

Simply put, we can't be in this pishy league for a few years, and if we are then the revolving door will start spinning as it is a results business and Stubbs will be out the door, it's that simple, we aren't going to stick with a manager who can't get us out this league.

Two seasons in this league and it will be Deja Vu all over again. Dempster out, Stubbs Out, Craig Out. Is that what you want as that it is how it will go if we are still in in this league a few years down the line.

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    Who spat in your walnut whip

SH, I think we will be in the Championship next season for sure - I've thought it for a while and I also said Hearts would stroll it - which they have.

The one thing however, as I posted last week - it may mean the club evolves into what it should evolve back into - a big club who gives big potential talent a chance to shine and develop. The club was in a shambolic state top to bottom - that will not change in a season - it'll take two or three.

Promotion would be a godsend of course - a cup win would be simply unbelievable. But for me the overall health of the club is key - Petrie still there really grates me and will continue to grate me - I was told today that we have recruited the Hearts goalkeeper coach (youth level) for next season so clearly behind the scenes we are planning to go down this route and this is right up my street - so it's little steps for big rewards.

My own genuine thought is that after next season the authorities will want an expanded top league - it is what WGS wants - so they will make it happen. So promotion may not be required. Just my view anyway.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    Current betting:-

Maybies Aye:- 2/1
    Maybies naw:- 5/2
    Naeeffinchance- 10/1

100/1 BAR.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    Agree with all of that.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    So was a lot of us including me. This season if you read my posts I've backed LD and Stubbs from the very start. I've applauded the wins but what I've noticed is that if I or couple others say anything negative the same folk come on with smart arse comments of "here we go" or it's the old bed wetters.

I always thought of this forum as one to come on and discuss wins as well as loses. Hopes and concerns as well but these days everything is jumped on if it's negative.

For the record I think Stubbs has done amazing but I don't think we should be losing to Raith at any point in the season home or away!
    People defend AS because they are desperate to stop the cycle of short term managers we've gotten into. Everyone wants more people to go to games. Don't take it personally.

I agree with your understanding of our current situation though. Hibs is just not sustainable in this League, and thinking that we could just 'adapt' to smaller budgets really doesn't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Who spat in your walnut whip

SH, I think we will be in the Championship next season for sure - I've thought it for a while and I also said Hearts would stroll it - which they have.

The one thing however, as I posted last week - it may mean the club evolves into what it should evolve back into - a big club who gives big potential talent a chance to shine and develop. The club was in a shambolic state top to bottom - that will not change in a season - it'll take two or three.

Promotion would be a godsend of course - a cup win would be simply unbelievable. But for me the overall health of the club is key - Petrie still there really grates me and will continue to grate me - I was told today that we have recruited the Hearts goalkeeper coach (youth level) for next season so clearly behind the scenes we are planning to go down this route and this is right up my street - so it's little steps for big rewards.

My own genuine thought is that after next season the authorities will want an expanded top league - it is what WGS wants - so they will make it happen. So promotion may not be required. Just my view anyway.
    As things stand at the moment I would kiss Doncaster's erchie if he came out and said the league was to expand next season or the one after. As it goes only failure of the The Rangers to go up will make that happen, or at least make them think about it.

one game at a time

Semi final is way down my priorities at the moment, got 3 massive league games before then.

Well you are saying the same people are moaning. We are moaning because of what happened last season and how we could blow it again. If we don't learn our lessons we will be down here a while.

Surely you can see why folk are worried?

I started getting worried, just before Christmas, where I thought we'd be catching the gorgie mob. however, there luck held, on every game. added to that, we SHOULD have beat them in at least 2 of the derbies, but hey ho, their luck held again. we suddenly had a good run, yet dropped points that we shouldn't have. So, here we are again, under pressure but at least in a semi, and still all to play for. In early January, I thought we might not quite have what's reqd, to go up. I still feel that way, but on a given day we can play good football, might get to a final again which is good going over a period of 4 years, and who knows after that. keep the faith.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Cat and Silver's posts
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Promotion is much more important to me, and I'm playing down the cup as much as possible, in order to avoid another disappointment. I'm expecting to reach the final and lose to Celtic, which is something I'd gladly take in exchange for promotion, yet I have no embarrassment in admitting I would cry tears of joy if we won the cup.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Promotion is much more important to me, and I'm playing down the cup as much as possible, in order to avoid another disappointment. I'm expecting to reach the final and lose to Celtic, which is something I'd gladly take in exchange for promotion, yet I have no embarrassment in admitting I would cry tears of joy if we won the cup.
    I'm the same.

If we win the cup, I would be ecstatic but getting promoted is the biggest priority for me this season.

I do not want another season in this league.

A club the size of Hibs should never be outside the top division.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I'm the same.

If we win the cup, I would be ecstatic but getting promoted is the biggest priority for me this season.

Yup, no disrespect meant to the likes of Cowdenbeath and Alloa, but this is horrible. One season is more than enough.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    It might come as a complete shock but I don't particularly want to stay down in this league.

I just don't share this nightmare vision you have. Again, no point in discussing things that might happen as it's basically guesswork. Lots of soccer to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I'm the same.

100% agree

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When Hibs results were going well Stubbs told us there would be slip ups along the way. Well, we've had a couple.

Looking at the highlights, thought we played well enough. Just got to keep doing what we do and hoping our luck changes again and the goals start going in.

The semi final will be a change from the grind of the league. We lose it at least we know there is a an extremely good chance we are in the play offs. Falkirk on the other hand if they lose it they know their season could be over. For me, there is more pressure on them.

There's also the fact that nobody has anything to lose with the cup. Something good will happen if we succeed.

Football should be fun.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Defence needs to tighten up for sure. Forwards have to take their chances. Winner takes all match.

Coaching Staff
    There's also the fact that nobody has anything to lose with the cup. Something good will happen if we succeed.

Football should be fun.
    Football is quite offten fun, following Hibs is quite offten not so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Football is quite offten fun, following Hibs is quite offten not so much fun.
    It depends how you look at mate. Last season's results were laughable though.

We need to get promoted.

End Off.
    Its Getting near Easter so there is bound to be a few happy Bunnies around

It might come as a complete shock but I don't particularly want to stay down in this league.

I just don't share this nightmare vision you have. Again, no point in discussing things that might happen as it's basically guesswork. Lots of soccer to be played.
    The same points you made must only be guess work as well then, "even if it takes 2 seasons" "two seasons in this league will only see us lose a few fans", you really think that do you, we will lose more than a few be assured of that, where will the progress come from being in this league for 2 seasons, I'm just not seeing your thinking on your guesswork.

7 games to go before the play off's, we need to get back to winning ways quickly to keep that 2nd spot.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The same points you made must only be guess work as well then, "even if it takes 2 seasons" "two seasons in this league will only see us lose a few fans", you really think that do you, we will lose more than a few be assured of that, where will the progress come from being in this league for 2 seasons, I'm just not seeing your thinking on your guesswork.

7 games to go before the play off's, we need to get back to winning ways quickly to keep that 2nd spot.
    6 games before the play off's, Silver

6 games before the play off's, Silver
    Me bad Billy.