hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: EL ALAGUI CONTINUES COMEBACK

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Think Farid might be on the bench on Saturday especially if Cummings is still injured.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Don't see why not. That's three appearances. Last nights being 90 minutes. Reckon if he was to be involved though he may not be involved in the prior development game

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think Farid might be on the bench on Saturday especially if Cummings is still injured.
    I'd give him another week, another 90 mins for him in the 20's would be good for him, but hey what do I know

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Theres no need for us to rush him back with arguably more important games coming up, but I still think we will see him on the bench within the next couple of weeks. It will be good to have further strength up front, but its certainly going to create a dilemma for Stubbs as that will be 5 first choice strikers to pick from.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Theres no need for us to rush him back with arguably more important games coming up, but I still think we will see him on the bench within the next couple of weeks. It will be good to have further strength up front, but its certainly going to create a dilemma for Stubbs as that will be 5 first choice strikers to pick from.
    I would like to think we'd mainly be picking from a 3 of Farid, Cummings & malonga. I would use Boyle as a impact sub, and Djedje as cover.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'd give him another week, another 90 mins for him in the 20's would be good for him, but hey what do I know
    I hear what you are saying and think you are right however he would also be an excellent option say if we are struggling in terms of his aerial threat at corners.

I'd stick him on the bench this week even if there isn't any intention of bringing him on. His presence might encourage others to up their game. We've been poor up top in the last couple of games.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    For me, Farid and Cummings compete for the same position in our team, with Malonga / Dje Dje / Boyle for the 2nd striker spot.

So it's a great shame that Cummings is out at the moment and Farid is yet to get back in the squad - hopefully he can start contributing again over the next couple of weeks and rediscover his goal-scoring touch.