hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Golf 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The outrageous bogey putt on 17 won it for him. The professionals play a totally different game from me. I can hit a good solid 6 iron 155 yards and that's 9 iron or even wedge distance for them. Sickening I tell ye!
    They certainly play a different game than most of us. A guy I know has a handicap of 3 and reckons there is a greater difference between him and a tour pro and him and an 18 handicapper!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    They certainly play a different game than most of us. A guy I know has a handicap of 3 and reckons there is a greater difference between him and a tour pro and him and an 18 handicapper!
    Of that there is no doubt. I once played with Russel Weir in his heyday and what a ball striker and putter he was. Top of the Tartan Tour for years but couldnt cut it at the level of European tour. The game has gone up several level since then in terms of quality. (a fair bit of it down to equipment to be fair)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The doctor has told me i need a new knee, so to continue playing golf i have a new toy.

Classic_Rear_Cowhorn_700.jpg

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The doctor has told me i need a new knee, so to continue playing golf i have a new toy.

Classic_Rear_Cowhorn_700.jpg
    Where is the beer can holder?
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Quote Originally Posted by derekHFC View Post
    Where is the beer can holder?
    Dont worry, a drinks holder will be fitted in the next few days.

That is the summer season finished, and 2 mondays ago i hit 42 points which brought my handicap down to 11.5.

I had set a target of single figures this season, but failed. Still think i would have made it had i not been too busy at work.

The winter league started last monday and you would think i was a 24 handicap players, came in with 26 points??????

Monday hopefully will be better.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Played all season equally distributed between home and away. Finished with exactly the same actual handicap I started with. Only thing of note I did was a podium finish in the Lothians Senior Championship. Been out the last three weeks with injury. Gutted as I was due to peg it up at Archerfield tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Disappointing year for me. Didn't strike the ball well, putted poorly and generally my game was not as tight as it usually is. This all resulted in an increase of 0.8 in my handicap over the season. I played 23 competitive rounds which is low for me - maybe a sure sign I'm getting aulder.

I've recently had a couple of lessons so I now know exactly where my swing flaws are. I also plan to lose a stone over the winter and come next April I'll be raring to go again.

Bring it on!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Didn't play many medals this year so handicap stays the same.

Overall game is not great. Keep finding trouble off the tee and putting has been poor. Investing in lessons is probably the next step for me.

Still winter doesn't stop me playing. Regular Saturday game in almost any weather is still a better option than being dragged round shops.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Didn't play many medals this year so handicap stays the same.

Overall game is not great. Keep finding trouble off the tee and putting has been poor. Investing in lessons is probably the next step for me.

Still winter doesn't stop me playing. Regular Saturday game in almost any weather is still a better option than being dragged round shops.

I try to keep things ticking over by making a weekly visit to the driving range and the occasional trip down to the East Lothian courses. We had a good fourball at Dunbar yesterday, blustery at times but very enjoyable all the same.

Played 3 comp rounds to keep my handicap and actually got cut. Don't work in winter so going to try and get out to Turnhouse couple times a week to keep the swing going