hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf 2015

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Congratulations to the Scottish boys team on winning the Home International Championship after convincing victories over Ireland, Wales & England. The youngest member of the team comes from my own Club. Well done lads, it's great to see a Scottish success story for a change!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations to the Scottish boys team on winning the Home International Championship after convincing victories over Ireland, Wales & England. The youngest member of the team comes from my own Club. Well done lads, it's great to see a Scottish success story for a change!
    One of them from my club as well, nice laddie with his feet firmly on the ground. The wee feker also holds the the clubs record score!!!! 😀

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Going up next weekend to play Dornoch, my all-time favourite course. Not played it since late 1980s, green fee just slightly dearer now sadly!

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Going up next weekend to play Dornoch, my all-time favourite course. Not played it since late 1980s, green fee just slightly dearer now sadly!

It's a great course. A good test of golf but with reasonable weather it's possible to get round in a respectable score.

They have a week of golf about this time of year, I once played in the Carnegie Shield and it was fantastic value for money.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 09-08-2015 at 08:43 AM.

It's a great course. A good test of golf but with reasonable weather it's possible to get round in a respectable score.

They have a week of golf about this time of year, I once played in the Carnegie Shield and it was fantastic value for money.
    I played in the Carnegie Shield in the 1980s, it was £15 entry fee for 2 rounds!

I played in the Carnegie Shield in the 1980s, it was £15 entry fee for 2 rounds!
    I think I got 4 rounds for my money. A practice round, 2 qualifying rounds, 1 st round of the knockout - then I got a severe howkin from one of the local players!

I think I got 4 rounds for my money. A practice round, 2 qualifying rounds, 1 st round of the knockout - then I got a severe howkin from one of the local players!
    My result after the 2 medal rounds was DNQ! This gave me the chance to play other courses like Brora and we stopped off on the way down the road to play the championship course at Nairn - also magnificent. Highlight was a birdie 3 at the 5th, stroke index 1 at the time. Hope I can emulate that at the weekend!!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    One of them from my club as well, nice laddie with his feet firmly on the ground. The wee feker also holds the the clubs record score!!!! 
    One from mine too.

My latest wheeling & dealing of golf equipment involved me exchanging 2 Taylor Made hybrids for 1 Taylor Made "ghost" putter complete with a fat "superstroke" grip. It's my first attempt at using one these grips, the logic being that it can't possibly make things any worse!

This must be about my ninth putter of the season, it's difficult to come to terms with the fact that I'm really just a piss poor putter and it's absolutely nothing to do with the equipment.

I'll persevere however ---------------- one of these days, maybe, just maybe!

Well, Dornoch is still my number 1 course ever. Played today in benign weather and it was still awesome. Greens like lightning, 4 3-putts going out, on each one the first putt looked okay until it just kept going and going! But managed 31 stableford points so happy with that.

Why is it so good? Every hole is interesting, challenging and makes you think about course management. Execution is another story altogether though!

Blog Entries
    I played Rosemount for the first time last week. Simply a terrific, classic golf course that deserved better than our efforts.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Played the Kittocks last Monday absolutely loved it will go back and prob play both course on the same day. Playing Machrihanish Dunes on friday

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Just back from Inverness. Played Fortrose, Nairn Dunbar & Inverness. 23 points to the turn at Nairn then sobered up so 12 points on back 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I played Rosemount for the first time last week. Simply a terrific, classic golf course that deserved better than our efforts.
    For me the best inland course I've played.

I'm off to the Roxburghe on Thursday, a real cracking golf course and definately my favourite in the Borders.

1st ever hole in one for me Today, surreal feeling......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Many congratulations!! The drinks are on you. Hope you had a good golfers insurance policy!
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 05-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Many congratulations!! The drinks are on you. Hope you had a good golfers insurance policy!
    Thanks....Never even got to see it go in hole, as uphill par 3.......

@hibs.net private member
    Well done. Never managed it myself

Congratulations. Still waiting for my first, still living in hope. Been inches away and also hit the hole and spun out!

Thanks....Never even got to see it go in hole, as uphill par 3.......
    You'll see it all the way next time! Personally if my first was a duff that ran through a bunker, hit an OOB post and rebounded into the hole I wouldn't care!!

You'll see it all the way next time! Personally if my first was a duff that ran through a bunker, hit an OOB post and rebounded into the hole I wouldn't care!!

👍 I take it the hole was on the left edge of the green. You told me you were looking for a cure for hooking it. Well done.

Played Whitekirk today in their open. It's the first time ever I can remember the winning score being the same as CSS. It ended up reduction only. But breezy but nothing OTT. Really strange. As an aside the course and in oarticular the tees were very tired looking and in need of much TLC. I take it they are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Played Whitekirk today in their open. It's the first time ever I can remember the winning score being the same as CSS. It ended up reduction only. But breezy but nothing OTT. Really strange. As an aside the course and in oarticular the tees were very tired looking and in need of much TLC. I take it they are struggling.
    I've not played Whitekirk for two years but it's a hard course to score on.

The upturned greens are difficult to come to terms with as the contouring tends to throw the ball off the green. I reckon the first hole is about a par7!

I was under the impression that a new Hotel venture was in the pipeline and part of the development also involved a few major alterations to the course design. It all seems to be very quiet on this front though.

I've not played Whitekirk for two years but it's a hard course to score on.

The upturned greens are difficult to come to terms with as the contouring tends to throw the ball off the green. I reckon the first hole is about a par7!

I was under the impression that a new Hotel venture was in the pipeline and part of the development also involved a few major alterations to the course design. It all seems to be very quiet on this front though.
    Certainly something not right GB. Very tired looking. I actually NRd at the first. Two lost balls and lack of willingness to return back to play again. I reckon the best I could have done was about 9 so saw little point.👎

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    golf widow.jpg

This is the cake that any golfer who's thinking of getting married should have on that wedding day.

What a day in the Solheim cup. Ciganda holing a 140 yard 9 iron to take her match down the last, with the Americans then calling a halt due to bad light. Roll on tomorrow!

Off to Glenrothes tomorrow. Last Open for me this year. Playing leven on the 25th of next month at a works outing but the clubs will be away after that.

Officially seething after that ridiculous incident in the Solheim Cup. I've changed allegiance - 'Mon the USA

Suzanne Petersen should hide her head in shame.