hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf 2015

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Rained off today I've just been told.

Open Tournament at Peebles tomorrow then another at The Roxburghe on Monday. Life sure is a bitch these days.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Open Tournament at Peebles tomorrow then another at The Roxburghe on Monday. Life sure is a bitch these days.

Yeh rained off here too, open greensomes tomorrow but with a lightning warning in force I don't hold out much hope

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Turnhouse Open reduced to 18 holes after this mornings downpour.

Everyone in this mornings draw now playing tomorrow.

I'm out in about 2 hours and the sun is trying it's hardest to appear
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    No its good mate. I'm in a similar situation after fixing my driving. 18 just now but on the verge I feel one of of 'those' rounds. If I put one together I think I might have to attend a meeting with the captain and match and handicap lol

Those rounds don't happen very often, but my mate Steve who plays off 16, scored 47 points the other week. I played against him yesterday and he scored 30.

Bloody stupid game.

Tried to play in our texas scramble this morning (7:37) at Kingsacre (course is in excellent condition ) but we were called in after 2 holes soaked to the skin, greens and fairways flooded, we started 3,4 so 2 under

Silly me and i thought you was working http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/fibber.gif

s
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Those rounds don't happen very often, but my mate Steve who plays off 16, scored 47 points the other week. I played against him yesterday and he scored 30.

Bloody stupid game.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

How was The Roxburghe GB? Its usual self? I usually play their Open and its this Friday. Toying with the idea of going down.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    How was The Roxburghe GB? Its usual self? I usually play their Open and its this Friday. Toying with the idea of going down.
    In magnificent condition as usual, it's well worth a visit. The last time I looked at their website, they still have places available for Friday.

The greens were running at I'd say moderate pace and certainly couldn't be blamed for yet another dismal putting performance.

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Played Newbattle GC last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The greens were a joy to play on and I was very impressed for my first time.

Hit the turn at +2 and whilst I never done as well back nine (+9), It was enjoyable and I would definitely play again.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Anyone fancy a week's golf holiday in Turkey next May?

Saturday 7/5/16 to Sunday 15/5/16 8 nights

Flying from Edinburgh Turkish Air 1150 out and 0830 return getting back into Edinburgh 1530

Staying Gloria Golf resort - Ultra All Inclusive

Great bunch of guys. Well organised, Ryder Cup style golf competition.

Golf – 5 rounds

Gloria Old
    Gloria New
    Pasha
    Lykia Links
    Nobilis

Total cost £1080
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

In magnificent condition as usual, it's well worth a visit. The last time I looked at their website, they still have places available for Friday.

The greens were running at I'd say moderate pace and certainly couldn't be blamed for yet another dismal putting performance.
    Ta GB. Its either a competitive round there or a bounce at Craigielaw with an old pal. decisions decisions.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Been playing a lot recently still very very inconsistent, really starting to get to me. Tempted by a few lessons to see if that might help. That aside its a great week for golf, going to the open on Friday for the day and got a game at Babby tomorrow and delighted to have been invited to play the Renaissance on Thursday. Perfect way to finish off before 2 weeks off work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Been playing a lot recently still very very inconsistent, really starting to get to me. Tempted by a few lessons to see if that might help. That aside its a great week for golf, going to the open on Friday for the day and got a game at Babby tomorrow and delighted to have been invited to play the Renaissance on Thursday. Perfect way to finish off before 2 weeks off work!!
    It is fabulous! First time or you played it before?

I was round Montrose yesterday .. beautiful condition. +5 after 7 then -5 for the remainder for net par. Missed two from inside 3 feet, and a 8-footer for birdies or it would've been much better

Scotscraig on Friday. Monifieth Saturday and Sunday. Then twa hospitality days at St Andrews next week
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 08-07-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ** T * Q * M ** View Post
    It is fabulous! First time or you played it before?

I was round Montrose yesterday .. beautiful condition. +5 after 7 then -5 for the remainder for net par. Missed two from inside 3 feet, and a 8-footer for birdies or it would've been much better

Scotscraig on Friday. Monifieth Saturday and Sunday. Then twa hospitality days at St Andrews next week
    First time round the track looking forward to it. It's going to be a nightmare to get to with golf traffic!

First time round the track looking forward to it. It's going to be a nightmare to get to with golf traffic!
    Track?, I mean TRACK!

I'll not tell ----------- honest!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Track?, I mean TRACK!

Not sure if this is a wooosh moment for me but don't get it.

Track?, I mean TRACK!

Think I get you now. After pkaying today track certainly does not do that any justice place is unreal good. Great course but looks wise it is unbelievable. I've played Skibo before and that certainly came close to that for being pristine.

Think I get you now. After pkaying today track certainly does not do that any justice place is unreal good. Great course but looks wise it is unbelievable. I've played Skibo before and that certainly came close to that for being pristine.

Jealous or what!

I've had a couple of games at nearby Archerfield but as yet I've not managed to fix up a game at The Renaissance, which by all accounts, is meant to be fantastic.

Anyone played Mar Hall? Off there tomorrow.

Anyone played Mar Hall? Off there tomorrow.
    For the record I was a wee bit disappointed. Decent enough track bar the third but thought it was in poor condition compared to other courses I've played this year. Greens were ok but a lot of the fairways could only be described as Scabby with big areas of really tight lies with little or no grass on them and weeds growing amongst the bare patches. Most areas of trimmed rough more chewed than cut. Not an overly long course so would be really scoreable for a low handicapper. The 1st looks tight but take driver and either draw it or hit it down the left hand side or even over the trees at the left. Don't be caught out in 18 either. There is miles of room down the left over the bunkers so don't try and go between the trees that look like they are in the middle of the fairway. They aren't. Refreshments cost an absolute fortune too. £3 for a wee dumpy glass bottle of coke!!!!! I'm glad I dinnae drink.

For the record I was a wee bit disappointed. Decent enough track bar the third but thought it was in poor condition compared to other courses I've played this year. Greens were ok but a lot of the fairways could only be described as Scabby with big areas of really tight lies with little or no grass on them and weeds growing amongst the bare patches. Most areas of trimmed rough more chewed than cut. Not an overly long course so would be really scoreable for a low handicapper. The 1st looks tight but take driver and either draw it or hit it down the left hand side or even over the trees at the left. Don't be caught out in 18 either. There is miles of room down the left over the bunkers so don't try and go between the trees that look like they are in the middle of the fairway. They aren't. Refreshments cost an absolute fortune too. £3 for a wee dumpy glass bottle of coke!!!!! I'm glad I dinnae drink.
    Should have popped ten mins north and played my course. In great nick just now although a bit wet. Greens are lightening ;) . thanks for the write up though was thinking of playing marhall tied in with a hotel stay

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Should have popped ten mins north and played my course. In great nick just now although a bit wet. Greens are lightening ;) . thanks for the write up though was thinking of playing marhall tied in with a hotel stay
    You should. It's a decent enough course but just not up to my standards😀 one other thing though. There are very few flat areas of green.😀😀

For anyone thinking of exchanging their clubs for cash or looking to buy a good second hand set, then I suggest you give this place a visit. It's the original Aladdin's cave of golf equipment.

http://www.golfclubs4cash.co.uk/

For anyone thinking of exchanging their clubs for cash or looking to buy a good second hand set, then I suggest you give this place a visit. It's the original Aladdin's cave of golf equipment.

http://www.golfclubs4cash.co.uk/
    I only just found out about this place recently. They are amazing loss of clubs and very friendly. Let me take a couple away to test them at the range before deciding.

I only just found out about this place recently. They are amazing loss of clubs and very friendly. Let me take a couple away to test them at the range before deciding.

They did the same with me and I was happy with the deal which I was eventually offered.

I'll be back without a doubt.

@hibs.net private member
    Had heard there was a place in Loanhead but didn't know where it was. Will have a look as mine are getting past it.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Was at Turnberry yesterday for the Women's Open. By chance Charley Hull was going off the 1st when I arrived, so followed her. She bogeyed that hole, then birdied 5 of the next 6 - and it could even have been a couple of shots better than that! Birdied the 10th to go 5 under for the round, but faltered a bit against the wind and finished with "only" a 69.

Watched all the leaders in the afternoon, but Park was a very worthy winner, 7 birdies and an eagle in the wind and occasional showers.

One gripe is the BBC coverage - again. As far as I could see none of Hull's exploits were covered by the cameras as she was playing before their afternoon broadcast and have searched in vain for a highlights show. Their "best shots of the day" on their website should be renamed "The best shots of the day when we could be bothered switching on the cameras" as it showed Suzanne Petterson at the 6th, a great shot but Hull's was better, a soaring iron (looked like a 5) downwind to 3 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Was at Turnberry yesterday for the Women's Open. By chance Charley Hull was going off the 1st when I arrived, so followed her. She bogeyed that hole, then birdied 5 of the next 6 - and it could even have been a couple of shots better than that! Birdied the 10th to go 5 under for the round, but faltered a bit against the wind and finished with "only" a 69.

Watched all the leaders in the afternoon, but Park was a very worthy winner, 7 birdies and an eagle in the wind and occasional showers.

One gripe is the BBC coverage - again. As far as I could see none of Hull's exploits were covered by the cameras as she was playing before their afternoon broadcast and have searched in vain for a highlights show. Their "best shots of the day" on their website should be renamed "The best shots of the day when we could be bothered switching on the cameras" as it showed Suzanne Petterson at the 6th, a great shot but Hull's was better, a soaring iron (looked like a 5) downwind to 3 feet.
    Impressive stuff. It would be interesting to see how the Ladies would fare on the same Championship course that the guys compete on.

The majority of the Ladies have brilliant putting strokes and I'm very, very jealous.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Impressive stuff. It would be interesting to see how the Ladies would fare on the same Championship course that the guys compete on.

The majority of the Ladies have brilliant putting strokes and I'm very, very jealous.
    They were mainly playing off the Men's medal tees, though the 3rd was from the "tiger" tee, I presume to make it a par 5 for them. They can't compete with their male counterparts off the tiger tees as I reckon their lack of distance would cost them at least 3-4 shots per round. As you say, their putting is excellent, so many putts yesterday just kept going and going at the same pace, a sign of a true strike - or so I'm told

What impresses me most though is the quality of their fairway woods, hybrids and long irons, so sweet and clean without appearing to hit it hard, I'm determined to follow their example next time I'm out, if I'm lucky it might last 6 holes