hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf 2015

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The course is excellent and the greens are fantastic.

A minimum of 2 rounds of golf for £20. Get in there guys.

http://www.turnhousegolfclub.com/pdf...try%20Form.pdf
    I'll be in I think.⛳️

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm too lazy to start a separate thread so I'll tag on the US Open to this one. By all accounts, the Chambers Bay venue looks to be of the "quirky" nature and will undoubtedly meet with some criticism from disgruntled players.

It's different from the normal US Open courses and not many of the players will be familiar with the lay out. As always, it's difficult to pick a winner. Jordan Spieth won the US Amateur over Chambers Bay and his caddy was briefly a member of the same course.

I've backed:-

Spieth to win at (8/1)

Justin Rose (20/1) each way

Shane Lowrie (150/1) each way

Brandt Snedeker (66/1) each way.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'm too lazy to start a separate thread so I'll tag on the US Open to this one. By all accounts, the Chambers Bay venue looks to be of the "quirky" nature and will undoubtedly meet with some criticism from disgruntled players.

It's different from the normal US Open courses and not many of the players will be familiar with the lay out. As always, it's difficult to pick a winner. Jordan Spieth won the US Amateur over Chambers Bay and his caddy was briefly a member of the same course.

Spieth to win at (8/1)

I got un? In the golf club sweep ( the guy that won at Wentworth the other week) and Cameron smith as an outsider

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    I got un? In the golf club sweep ( the guy that won at Wentworth the other week) and Cameron smith as an outsider
    Byeong Hun An - he'll not be popular on this site.

Byeong Hun An - he'll not be popular on this site.

That's the one. Only time I'll shout on a hun ;)

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

Spieth to win at (8/1)

Spieth has struggled since the masters.

I don't think you can discount Rory and I'd love someone like Sergio or Rickie to win.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    A boy I know Jimmy has just been called up at the last minute for the US Open. He was a reserve after he missed out in qualifying. He's a proper dirty hun but a good lad. You can get odds between 1000/1 and 1500/1, not a chance for overall win (still worth a £1!)but he's born and bred in Dornoch so a links course especially one as tough as that is his bread and butter. Great chance to make the cut. Ladbrokes only offering 4/1 on that. Trying to find better odds for it.

£5 e/w on Lefty @ 16/1 and £5 e/w on Brooks Koepka @ 50/1

Spieth @ 9s

Fowler @ 20s

Byeong Hun An @ 80s
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 17-06-2015 at 10:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    A boy I know Jimmy has just been called up at the last minute for the US Open. He was a reserve after he missed out in qualifying. He's a proper dirty hun but a good lad. You can get odds between 1000/1 and 1500/1, not a chance for overall win (still worth a £1!)but he's born and bred in Dornoch so a links course especially one as tough as that is his bread and butter. Great chance to make the cut. Ladbrokes only offering 4/1 on that. Trying to find better odds for it.
    Good opening round, same again should see him through. Did you get a bet on him?

Cracking opening round was exciting last night with his opening round getting coverage going 2 under.

Good finish currently 4 over for the day. I think he is going to be close to the cut at 4 or 5 over.

I got him at 4/1 to make the cut. Won a bit last night in his 3 ball.

It's amazing the difference at that level with the quality. You get top amateurs winning club championships. But the step up to professional and then to European or uspga pro is something else got another mate on the champions tour and **** me he is a player. That step to be in the top 100 in the world is something else.

I'm up in Carnoustie for the British Amateur final. French guy leading Grant Forrest from Craigielaw after the first 18. Course in magnificent condition. It's all to play for this afternoon.

Shot a 32 stableford today at captains day. Started with two blobs followed by two 1 pointers as well .

Finally decided to give up my manhood and invest in a trolley. Oooft life changing played 9 this morning amazing the difference why would anyone carry their clubs.

Also helps the one I went for had a cool bag attached so was able to keep my 3 bottles of lucozade cold to get me through my hangover!

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Finally decided to give up my manhood and invest in a trolley. Oooft life changing played 9 this morning amazing the difference why would anyone carry their clubs.

Also helps the one I went for had a cool bag attached so was able to keep my 3 bottles of lucozade cold to get me through my hangover!
    I bought a second hand electric one. Still to pick it up tho

Quote Originally Posted by ** T * Q * M ** View Post
    Spieth @ 9s

Fowler @ 20s

Byeong Hun An @ 80s
    Spieth must be the bet based on this jammy ******* backing him!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Unbelievable!

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Incredible back 9. Worth staying up for

I was going to stay up but got so annoyed with the way the coverage was going I switched off around 11. Too many breaks, novelty pieces and that stupid sky pad

Only saw glimpses of it at my Club. From what I saw I wasn't impressed with the course/greens.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Spieth to win at (9/1)

Happy Smiles this morning. And I narrowly missed out on both Lowrie - ( 6 up the last) & Snedeker.

My betting account looking nice this morning after a decent weekend. Jimmy Gunn making the cut at 4/1 and him as top Scot on Friday morning at 25/1, shared that with warren but half odds still good. Also took him 3 out of the 4 days to win his group.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The course is excellent and the greens are fantastic.

A minimum of 2 rounds of golf for £20. Get in there guys.

http://www.turnhousegolfclub.com/pdf...try%20Form.pdf
    Entered this morning. Looking forward to it kicking off a couple of weeks off work.

Happy Smiles this morning. And I narrowly missed out on both Lowrie - ( 6 up the last) & Snedeker.
    Had Grace and Johnson. And Snedeker.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Entered this morning. Looking forward to it kicking off a couple of weeks off work.
    Nice one!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Had Spieth for the US Masters also @ 12s

All in all I have taken the bookies for over £1,500 PROFIT on Jordan over the last year+

Off to the Algarve for 5 nights, 5* All Inc, 3 games of golf, flights, transfers, club hire in September and Mr Spieth's Major wins have paid for this

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Seeing real improvement in my accuracy with my new clubs. Dropped another stroke to 16 now, and won a comp today with 40 points.

And that was with one blob too, hitting more greens in regulation and hitting more fairways off the green. Now only if i could get my putting right?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Seeing real improvement in my accuracy with my new clubs. Dropped another stroke to 16 now, and won a comp today with 40 points.

And that was with one blob too, hitting more greens in regulation and hitting more fairways off the green. Now only if i could get my putting right?

Bandit lol ;)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Bandit lol ;)

I know. These new clubs are working, i'm definitely getting more consistent and hitting the ball much straighter. I would love to get down to single figures, but realistically i feel 14 maybe 13 is within my reach this year with a bit of luck and perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I know. These new clubs are working, i'm definitely getting more consistent and hitting the ball much straighter. I would love to get down to single figures, but realistically i feel 14 maybe 13 is within my reach this year with a bit of luck and perseverance.

No its good mate. I'm in a similar situation after fixing my driving. 18 just now but on the verge I feel of o e of 'those' rounds. If I put one together I think I might have to attend a meeting with the captain and match and handicap lol