hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Glory Hunters"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, so it is. Why would you need to buy a Green rolex to maintain your support for Hibs?
    Why do people wear green training shoes or green jackets to Hibs matches? Its a posh scarf.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Travel economy class and buy a Casio digital watch and sit in the stand like everyone else then.
    No thanks.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    This thread is magic.

The argument that people who don't go to matches regularly shouldn't be allowed to go to the games of their choosing is particularly good.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think we all have a drawer somewhere full of green Rolexes we can no longer stand to look at.
    I had my LearJet resprayed in green and white, Hibs badge, 'HIBS FOR THE CUP' along each side, and re-registered it G-GTTH with the CAA - just for the day.

Did I feel really stupid when I got back to the airfield to fly back to the Caldera ....

And someone had trashed the Lexus in the stadium car park.

NEVER AGAIN!

Hmmm. Glory hunters?

OK. Lets see.

Arent they the folk who only SUPPORT/FOLLOW/DECLARE THEIR LOVE/ANY MODICUM OF PASSING INTEREST....when, the team is winning (or more likely) once they have won. the "glory hunters"?

So. That rules out most explanations I've read that are based on the turning up to specific games. That is a different thing altogether surely.

Those who only go to games that interest them? Thats not the same thing...look at the crowds at Easter Road. Tell me (and its painful I admit, the *******s) how many times the mutants have conned a win for themselves, albeit by being tax dodging/being wage dodging cheating bassas?? Hmm...

AND OUR CROWDS ARE UP FOR THOSE GAMES???

How about the stinkin biggot brothers celtic and rangers? So, I put it to the jury that in fact, these games are well attended NOT for glory (as we dont always win, the huns excepted as they are now pretty "*****" ) but surely, those games are those games we have traditionally lost more than we win? Still get big crowds....

I think people do pick and choose their games. I do now. So what? I have on many occassions, picked a prestige glamour tie against a ****ty team from ****knowswhere as it suited my circumstances to attend that game. Yet, my season ticket last year meant I was at every home game.....glory hunting now? Nope. Folk go when they can and when they WANT...the fan polis need to get a grip.

I reckon its simple and to keep everyone happy we just:
    1) Give first chance to get tickets to those who have a season ticket
    2) Then those who have "supported/paid into/in some way helped the club"
    3) Then, if any tickets remain....everyone else. After all, if they WANT to join us, who's seat are they taking then??? Exactly.

And are we so good we can be choosy as to who follows us now? Bollocks. Doesnt mean I like folk who desert (or worse still, deny) they actually follow the team when we're pish and hide from the pelters....however, anyone who has taken the pelters on the chin in the name of the club, is still a Hibs fan and thus entited to watch "their" team, albeit with the pecking order above observed.

ANyways, if someone can get me 62 tickets for the final, all in row 07, I'd be much thankful

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I had my LearJet resprayed in green and white, Hibs badge, 'HIBS FOR THE CUP' along each side, and re-registered it G-GTTH with the CAA - just for the day.

Did I feel really stupid when I got back to the airfield to fly back to the Caldera ....

And someone had trashed the Lexus in the stadium car park.

NEVER AGAIN!
    I was ALMOST believing ye Caldera amigo, til I realised you had taken it too far. You are suggesting any plane landing doon the Caldera would still have wheels to touch down again?

Radge talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Hmmm. Glory hunters?

OK. Lets see.

Arent they the folk who only SUPPORT/FOLLOW/DECLARE THEIR LOVE/ANY MODICUM OF PASSING INTEREST....when, the team is winning (or more likely) once they have won. the "glory hunters"?

So. That rules out most explanations I've read that are based on the turning up to specific games. That is a different thing altogether surely.

Those who only go to games that interest them? Thats not the same thing...look at the crowds at Easter Road. Tell me (and its painful I admit, the *******s) how many times the mutants have conned a win for themselves, albeit by being tax dodging/being wage dodging cheating bassas?? Hmm...

How about the stinkin biggot brothers celtic and rangers? So, I put it to the jury that in fact, these games are well attended NOT for glory (as we dont always win, the huns excepted as they are now pretty "*****" ) but surely, those games are those games we have traditionally lost more than we win? Still get big crowds....

I think people do pick and choose their games. I do now. So what? I have on many occassions, picked a prestige glamour tie against a ****ty team from ****knowswhere as it suited my circumstances to attend that game. Yet, my season ticket last year meant I was at every home game.....glory hunting now? Nope. Folk go when they can and when they WANT...the fan polis need to get a grip.

3) Then, if any tickets remain....everyone else. After all, if they WANT to join us, who's seat are they taking then??? Exactly.

And are we so good we can be choosy as to who follows us now? Bollocks. Doesnt mean I like folk who desert (or worse still, deny) they actually follow the team when we're pish and hide from the pelters....however, anyone who has taken the pelters on the chin in the name of the club, is still a Hibs fan and thus entited to watch "their" team, albeit with the pecking order above observed.

ANyways, if someone can get me 62 tickets for the final, all in row 07, I'd be much thankful
    Well said!

Gamer IDs

I was ALMOST believing ye Caldera amigo, til I realised you had taken it too far. You are suggesting any plane landing doon the Caldera would still have wheels to touch down again?

Radge talk

They'd have to get past the razor wire, the armed guards and the attack dogs, BM.

Besides, I keep it in the living-room.

PS - totally agree with #125.

Hmmm. Glory hunters?

OK. Lets see.

This, and well said Cat Man for the OP.

They'd have to get past the razor wire, the armed guards and the attack dogs, BM.

Besides, I keep it in the living-room.

PS - totally agree with #125.
    All this firepower....what ever happened to Matthew 5:39 !!?!

Then again, as the Almighty said "thou shalt not chore they neighbours leer-jet or cavort with his ox whilst coveting his banjo" or something

Anyways, if you require any nuclear subs to patrol your moat for extra protection, the mutants can sort you out with the keys to one floating aboot doon the Forth...one careful owner....just a few nautical miles and nae evil shennanigans plotted from yon

Gamer IDs

All this firepower....what ever happened to Matthew 5:39 !!?!

Then again, as the Almighty said "thou shalt not chore they neighbours leer-jet or cavort with his ox whilst coveting his banjo" or something

Anyways, if you require any nuclear subs to patrol your moat for extra protection, the mutants can sort you out with the keys to one floating aboot doon the Forth...one careful owner....just a few nautical miles and nae evil shennanigans plotted from yon

Turning the other cheek is one thing, BM, but there's nothing about letting huns or soapdodgers anywhere near your LearJet.

And I don't cavort with anyone's ox, nor have I ever coveted anyone's banjo.

(I believe one definition of a music-lover is someone who can play the banjo - but doesn't.)

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaudiHibby View Post
    No thanks.

You can't moan about not getting a ticket and costs then. ;)
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 16-03-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Turning the other cheek is one thing, BM, but there's nothing about letting huns or soapdodgers anywhere near your LearJet.

And I don't cavort with anyone's ox, nor have I ever coveted anyone's banjo.

(I believe one definition of a music-lover is someone who can play the banjo - but doesn't.)
    All fair points, well made

Especially on the banjos

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You can't moan about not getting a ticket and costs then. ;)
    I always get a ticket and I wasn't moaning about the cost (far from it).

First Team Breakthrough

I Love the Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    There's been much said about fans turning up for big games like a semi final or final. This seems to get many backs up and I don't understand why?

I'm a season ticket holder so I know I'll get a ticket. I bought one because I can afford too. Many fans can't or can't make games either. But make the effort in big games. The way I see it would you rather we just plod along the M8 with 8k fans because many don't want to have fans who attend big games?

The more fans there the better for our players and club. For me I love when the so called "glory hunters" come along. If they didn't we would have an empty end plain and simple.
    I stay in Barry now which is near Dundee, I have supported and followed Hibs for 50 Years. Saw the good times and Bad times. I cant afford season tickets but I make a Big Effort to get to Big games. I love Hibs and if they get to a final I try my best for a ticket. I have been VERY fortunate as a good Pal (Pete) has got me a ticket the last two Finals. I simply cant afford to go to all the games but I have been a ST holder in the past and My Love of Hibs and our Support would surely justify trying to support the cabbage in a final shouting them on to victory. I simply have to be at the game to hopefully win the Scottish Cup. If I cant get a ticket I will simply cheer them on in spirit but I would want to be there to cheer the Hibs on. GGTTH
    Last edited by Wellbankhibby; 16-03-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling error

I always get a ticket and I wasn't moaning about the cost (far from it).
    You could be at the windup, or you could be an
    Which is it?
    Last edited by MSK; 16-03-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: No need for that

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I prefer using the phrase part-time supporters rather than glory hunters.

Anyway it gets on my tits those part-timers who moan about the team, club, managers etc. who never get off their ***** and go to games despite being able to afford or generally attend games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbankhibby View Post
    I stay in Barry now which is near Dundee, I have supported and followed Hibs for 50 Years. Saw the good times and Bad times. I cant afford season tickets but I make a Big Effort to get to Big games. I love Hibs and if they get to a final I try my best for a ticket. I have been VERY fortunate as a good Pal (Pete) has got me a ticket the last two Finals. I simply cant afford to go to all the games but I have been a ST holder in the past and My Love of Hibs and our Support would surely justify trying to support the cabbage in a final shouting them on to victory. I simply have to be at the game to hopefully win the Scottish Cup. If I cant get a ticket I will simply cheer them on in spirit but I would want to be there to cheer the Hibs on. GGTTH
    If we get there I hope you do get one. You certainly don't need to justify yourself that's for sure. I'm sure most who want one will eventually get one if we made it to the final.

Like yourself there are many fans who have followed Hibs for years who no longer can for various reasons, that doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    I prefer using the phrase part-time supporters rather than glory hunters.

Anyway it gets on my tits those part-timers who moan about the team, club, managers etc. who never get off their ***** and go to games despite being able to afford or generally attend games.

In the time before social media I can't remember this subject causing so much emotional upset, you either went to the games or you never and you never bothered what others did.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    In the time before social media I can't remember this subject causing so much emotional upset, you either went to the games or you never and you never bothered what others did.
    You think this is bad?

Carnage awaits if we get to the final!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I consider myself a Glory Hunter.

So far, though, the hunt hasn't been very successful

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I consider myself a Glory Hunter.

So far, though, the hunt hasn't been very successful
    Give's a shout if you see any and we'll all come out of the woodwork.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I've not read all of the posts in here so apologies if already posted...

IMO, It's a vicious circle. Yes, it's great that we can get bigger crowds for Semis and Finals etc, but often, the same people moaning about the lack of talent on the pitch saying they'll never go back until this changes are their/our own worst enemies.

If people don't go to the games, then the club have to charge high prices to make money to then put a (better) team on the park.

I'm not saying prices would change, but the quality of player would most definitely.

We also have higher operating costs than most other clubs in Scotland.

There simply isn't enough sponsorship in Scotland to offset the need for high prices if we want to compete at the top.

Edit: I live in Aberdeen and have a season ticket. I travel to most games home and away. I'm just out of uni so not on a great wage and I'm currently paying over the odds for rental in an overpriced Aberdeen housing market and have a horrendous overdraft and a £5k student loan. My point is that Hibs are a life choice, not that I'm an uber fan.
    Last edited by Hibernian Verse; 16-03-2015 at 03:41 PM.

I am a Glory Hunter, I hunt it with Hibs

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    You could be at the windup, or you could be an
    Which is it?
    Not at the wind up so must be the latter if you say so.

Not at the wind up so must be the latter if you say so.
    Thought so.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Thought so.
    Clearly a crime on Hibs net to enjoy the finer things in life

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Clearly a crime on Hibs net to enjoy the finer things in life
    Whatever you do don't be so sensitive as to stop flying business class, buying rolex's or enjoying hospitality ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Never really understand threads like this, "Glory hunters". Folk turn up for big games, lapsed fans turn up for big games, people whom have large travelling distances turn up for big games, the fact we have piss poor attendances, well, we have heard all the valid excuses, get over it FFS.
    I don't sense many have a problem with transients who turn up for the odd big game , as long as they're not denying other fans tickets. The loyalty system is a great start but can and should be extended to recognise those that want to be part of the Hubernian family, but can't make many games. Once that's done, and there's a fair priority system, talk about glory hunters will calm down.