hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ice Hockey

Ice Hockey

Used to love watching this guy playing for the Racers. Stunned he's still been playing at that age!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/ice-hockey/31878208
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gordie Howe retired from the NHL at 52. He played in 5 decades, 6 if you include his IHL game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordie Howe retired from the NHL at 52. He played in 5 decades, 6 if you include his IHL game.
    Must have been super fit cos it's a tough old game
    This is how it feels

To keep this hockey thread going, my alma mater recently announced that it will be playing in Belfast in November. I think it's pretty cool that I got to see my high school play American football in Dublin back in August and now I will see my university play hockey in Belfast.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/2015/04/10/US-...l-Belpot-35193

Storming game by Detroit tonight to go 2 - 1 up in the series with Tampa Bay. I hadn't held out much hope of Detroit progressing before the series started but they are giving me hope now!

Started going to watch Edinburgh Capitals 3 years ago. Absolutely loved it. Get along when I can on Sunday nights with the Mrs and Daughter as it is well priced and fantastic entertainment. They also don't rip you off for food. Think Hibs and the rest of Scottish football could learn a lot from there pricing. A lot of pro football players could learn a lot from Ice Hockey players re attitude, desire and teamwork. These lads play Saturday, Sunday every week and Friday, Sat, Sun some weeks!! Absolute incredible fitness. The Caps deserve more support but will struggle as Hockey in Edinburgh isn't seen as competitive.... Which I can assure people it is!! If you haven't been get along for a game. You won't regret it...

Edinburgh capitals have been pretty busy of late with some really exciting signings. Today they have signed American import Kyle Bigos, a 6'5, 18 stone enforcer!! Riley Emmerson, the new caps coach is putting together a pretty decent squad. If you like your Hockey tough and hard hitting get yourself along to a game this season!! I guarantee you will come away having been well entertained!!

Planning on taking the kids along to braehead this year. Heard good things about it as a family sport and a good night

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Planning on taking the kids along to braehead this year. Heard good things about it as a family sport and a good night

To the dark side?!!!! Braehead arena is modern, place is pretty much packed each game. Murrayfield is run down and has a small support. Braehead are a big budget team who are owned, I think, by the same guy who has Sheffield Steelers. However... Give me the Caps any day over the manky mob fi the west!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    To the dark side?!!!! Braehead arena is modern, place is pretty much packed each game. Murrayfield is run down and has a small support. Braehead are a big budget team who are owned, I think, by the same guy who has Sheffield Steelers. However... Give me the Caps any day over the manky mob fi the west!!!
    I know what you mean mate. I live through here and travel to easter road for football. She would kill me if I then said on the weeks there was no football we would drive past braehead (ten mins away) to murrayfield haha

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    I know what you mean mate. I live through here and travel to easter road for football. She would kill me if I then said on the weeks there was no football we would drive past braehead (ten mins away) to murrayfield haha

Fair enough man. I'm sure if you head to watch the Clan you will love it. Kids will love it as well. Always something happening so they never get bored. Might bump into you when The Clan take on The Caps!!

Just a wee bump for this thread. Been to watch the caps past couple of Sundays and my god what a team Emmerson has put together!! Took a wee while to click but they certainly have now! 4-0 down against fierce rivals Fife Flyers and came back to win 5-4 in OT! Great hockey, brilliant atmosphere and a couple of cracking fights!! Get along if you can. You won't be disappointed!!