hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Have you renewed or bought a season ticket for next season?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

112 35.78%
  • No, but I will.

158 50.48%
  • No, and I'm not going to

43 13.74%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would snap up a ST now if I could however with work and family life it just wouldn't add up. I've tried (and am trying) to get both home and away as often as possible this season. I've not been much this season because of this but have been more so far this season then probably the last couple so I'm getting there.

What annoys me though Matty is some folk think that because you've not got a ST that your not committed to the cause and are a glory Hunter. Each individual's circumstances is different.

I will be at the SF (if I can get a ticket) along with a non Hibs fan (East Fife fan and I think I've turned him towards the Hibs) as he asked immediately after the final whistle if I was going and to get him a ticket. If wanting to see the team I've supported for over 40 years at a cup SF at Hamden makes me a glory hunter then guess what I'm a glory hunter.

This is not a dig at you Matty just responding and frustrated at some folks attitude towards others.

GGTTH
    The discussion is usually around those that can but don't.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Question for the 'no' responders - what would change your mind or is it because you can't?

I bought a season ticket for this season(last minute thing) and for me i cannot see myself buying a season ticket for next season.
    For me i feel i have just lost intrest in hibs.I cant really put my finger on it really i just dont think i have the same passion for going anymore.Im sure there are other issues with me personally.
    I guess i dont feel a connection with hibs anymore as another point for me .

As for the game against falkirk i wont be going,if we are lucky enough to get to a final, i wont go as well.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm trying but student issues are delaying it. Hopefully resolved soon. Cash too, no payment plan. :)

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I'm trying but student issues are delaying it. Hopefully resolved soon. Cash too, no payment plan. :)
    Should get more points for paying cash Mrs. S😄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Should get more points for paying cash Mrs. S😄
    Hee hee I just want the tickets :)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    I bought a season ticket for this season(last minute thing) and for me i cannot see myself buying a season ticket for next season.
    For me i feel i have just lost intrest in hibs.I cant really put my finger on it really i just dont think i have the same passion for going anymore.Im sure there are other issues with me personally.

As for the game against falkirk i wont be going,if we are lucky enough to get to a final, i wont go as well.
    Why you still wasting time on a Hibs forum then?

I would renew anyway so I decided to get the pain over and done with now rather than later. If it helps AS sort out his team pronto, that will do me!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Ill do mine this week. I'm going to switch back over to the east next season, what happened to the plans to relocate the singing section to the FF?

United we stand here....

Definitely renewing before the deadline along with 4 others .... have to coordinate with my mucker coz we will probably want to move seats. I have wanted the FF upper for ages, but the lower is cheaper for his kids so I'll probably be FF lower again.

As has been said by Lord Bunberry , it looks like the prospect of an FF lower ( or even upper ) singing section has been bumped for next season, which to my mind is a pity. I think that during the next 12 months its something the club really need to start taking a serious look at.

@hibs.net private member
    Just renewed, through payment plan. Still waiting on email confirmation though. Anyone know how long that should take?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I will be renewing before the early bird deadline.

I would snap up a ST now if I could however with work and family life it just wouldn't add up. I've tried (and am trying) to get both home and away as often as possible this season. I've not been much this season because of this but have been more so far this season then probably the last couple so I'm getting there.

What annoys me though Matty is some folk think that because you've not got a ST that your not committed to the cause and are a glory Hunter. Each individual's circumstances is different.

I will be at the SF (if I can get a ticket) along with a non Hibs fan (East Fife fan and I think I've turned him towards the Hibs) as he asked immediately after the final whistle if I was going and to get him a ticket. If wanting to see the team I've supported for over 40 years at a cup SF at Hamden makes me a glory hunter then guess what I'm a glory hunter.

This is not a dig at you Matty just responding and frustrated at some folks attitude towards others.

GGTTH
    100% this. I've been a ST holder in the past but my circumstances changed dramatically. I have been going when I can. Would love to be able to afford a ST again but just can't.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Here's a wee blog I've written about season ticket purchases.

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/
    I enjoyed reading the blog. I renewed yesterday and sent money to HSL. Like you, it is also a family thing as I go with my brother who travels down from Montrose. We were both brought up as Hibbies by our Dad so it has always been in the family.

@hibs.net private member
    Got my season ticket, and 308 loyalty points

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorf View Post
    100% this. I've been a ST holder in the past but my circumstances changed dramatically. I have been going when I can. Would love to be able to afford a ST again but just can't.
    I don't think anybody in your position needs to explain anything TG ... I've been there myself. You are just as good a fan as anybody else mate As someone else said, it will be more interesting to hear from the can but wont folk.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Was never in doubt anyway, but very pleased with the prices and deals for next season. Will be done before the early bird deadline.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I'm on the fence again this year we have been playing some great football however I had a season ticket last season and due to work and playing football myself I only managed 4 games. Add to that I now have a wedding and house move to pay for I've a feeling it'll be like this year and just paying the walk up prices as often as I can. Still buying the merchandise and stuff tho so putting in as much as possible. Moan the hibees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't think anybody in your position needs to explain anything TG ... I've been there myself. You are just as good a fan as anybody else mate As someone else said, it will be more interesting to hear from the can but wont folk.
    Cheers for that. I have been to quite a few and was at the Berwick game. I even bought two tickets by mistake up in section 42 row HH and tried to sell them on the PM forum but the seats were just too far up the back of the East. In the end I donated them to Leith Links for FranckSuzy to give out to some kids. I got lower down seats in Row Y.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The thread isn't intended to have a go at anyone, just measuring interest and seeing how folk are feeling about the club and next season just now.

P.s. Thanks for the comments on the blog
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Here's a wee blog I've written about season ticket purchases.

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/
    Good work Matty, really well written and I share many of your views on renewing also.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I want to but I am skint, it's more often than not easier and cheaper for me to go to away games now that I don't live in Edinburgh so that's generally what I do now, last time I was at ER was the play off...

On the other hand, I have never felt more connected with the club than I do right now. It must be those "other things personally" in your case as Leeann and the club are doing a fantastic job on and off the pitch this season.

I'm in (when I'm flush). I might even drag myself along to the semi as well.

I will be renewing and also getting my son one too

Why are you on here then if you have lost all interest in Hibs?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Im in 2 minds, wish they had an option to buy a block of tickets rather than for the whole season, obviously they wouldnt be cat a games, i can only make it every 2nd weekend so up until the fixtures are out i dont know if its worth my while but if they said you can pay for x amount just now then id do that. If that all makes sense!!!

GGTTH

Well said

GGTTH
    Well put Aldo. I do have a season ticket and will be renewing but that absolutely doens't mean I love hibs any more than you do or make me an "uber fan", i'm simply fortunate that my circumstances have made it possible for me to have one.

However, as someone rightly mentioned on another thread, it'll be interesting to see if the people who are staying away till Petrie is gone will be wanting semi-final tickets.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Renewed mine and the three kids today . On my phone so cant vote .

Ggtth
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 10-03-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorf View Post
    Sorry to hear that but by donating tickets to the Berwick game, you helped children from a communty centre who wouldn't have been able to attend otherwise. That was a really decent thing to do

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I gave up and found it a lot easier than i thought it would be. With the amount of games that's on the telly and being able to watch the whole games on Hibstv a day or so later i have been able to get my Hibs fix.

I think the new season ticket deal is good, and its made me think about getting one. It will depend on us going up though, i'm not getting one for this division, for me its not worth the time and effort these days.