hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar

Celtic fan to support Dundee United to honour late brother-in-law

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A really nice gesture. Something I couldn't do as I'm the only Hibby in my family!

Dunno about that ..... Better respect can be shown by being true to yourself and supporting your own team, any fitba fan would appreciate that.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    just seems like a way of trying to get attention to me. Whatever happened to taking a few minutes, by yourself by the graveside. I'm afraid I'm not a huge fan of public mourning.

I am a bit of a miserable git though…so if it helps this guy deal with his loss…I suppose I should shut up and let him get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    just seems like a way of trying to get attention to me. Whatever happened to taking a few minutes, by yourself by the graveside. I'm afraid I'm not a huge fan of public mourning.

I am a bit of a miserable git though…so if it helps this guy deal with his loss…I suppose I should shut up and let him get on with it.
    I know what you mean but we are in the facebook era when you're expected to wear your heart on your sleeve. That can lead to false emotion but in this case it seems pretty genuine.

@hibs.net private member
    His brother in laws bound to be pishing himself at this. Must've said something for a laugh and the boys fallen for it!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I know what you mean but we are in the facebook era when you're expected to wear your heart on your sleeve. That can lead to false emotion but in this case it seems pretty genuine.
    Apologies for going a little off topic, but, I bought "Heart on my sleeve" by Gallagher and Lyle in Woolworth in Dalkeith, a long time a go. This Facebook generation are copying us old guys!

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I know if I have to suffer the whineings of another of my mates whose beloved dog has died on Facebook, I think I'll go mad…
    I wish there was a "grow a stiff upper lip" button on Facebook sometimes !!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/s...-dress-promise

There's no right or wrong way or place to mourn. I'm constantly in arguments with my mother in law regarding this subject. She's a traditionalist and believes that the correct place to mourn is at the graveside, me on the other hand, I don't feel any connection to those who've gone at their place of burial more so the places that were actually important to them when they were alive. Easter Road and the Hibs Club are where my old man is now for example.

My son and I are going to the league cup final (United end) with some of my late son's pals. He was United daft.