hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alex Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we were desperate for LG to sign when on loan from wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay at dundee

Wolves extended his contract by triggering the 1 year extention clause, Leigh then signed an extention to that when he went back there, we never had a hope of sgning him for nowt as he was always under contract to them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    we were desperate for LG to sign when on loan from wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to stay at dundee
    Surely the Griffiths example helps prove that it is up to Hibs what happens with Harris at the end of the season rather than Harris or Dundee?

Griffiths allegedly wanted to move to Hibs but as he was under contract to Wolves it then became their decision if he left or not, in much the same way that as Harris still has 2 years on his Hibs deal the ball is in our court to decide whether Harris stays at Hibs or not

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid View Post
    Surely the Griffiths example helps prove that it is up to Hibs what happens with Harris at the end of the season rather than Harris or Dundee?

Griffiths allegedly wanted to move to Hibs but as he was under contract to Wolves it then became their decision if he left or not, in much the same way that as Harris still has 2 years on his Hibs deal the ball is in our court to decide whether Harris stays at Hibs or not
    I totally agree, all I'm trying to say is that by all accounts he is happy and getting 1st team football and in the league above, will he want to return?

@hibs.net private member
    A confident Harris could be a handy alternative at the tip of the diamond

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I totally agree, all I'm trying to say is that by all accounts he is happy and getting 1st team football and in the league above, will he want to return?
    Its what Hibs want that counts . He will do what hes told ,as he is under contract till 2017 . Hibs hold all the aces . If the old Boozy ( pre injury) comes back , we will have a cracking player again .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Its what Hibs want that counts . He will do what hes told ,as he is under contract till 2017 . Hibs hold all the aces . If the old Boozy ( pre injury) comes back , we will have a cracking player again .

Ggtth
    Clubs rarely hang on to an unhappy player. If he doesn't want to come back he probably won't.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Clubs rarely hang on to an unhappy player. If he doesn't want to come back he probably won't.
    I can't think of any reason he wouldn't want to come back

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He may well want to come back. Equally, he may enjoy where he is. We will soon see but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    He may well want to come back. Equally, he may enjoy where he is. We will soon see but I have my doubts.

He's got another 2 years on his contract in the summer, it's nothing to do with him, if Hibs still want him he'll be back, if he wants to stay at Dundee well they'll have to pay a decent fee for a top prospect and they won't have a lot of cash to splash.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I hope he does come back, if the rumours about the way he was treated by previous regime are accurate it's no wonder his form dipped

Yup. I think more players than Harris were affected by Butcher's attitude and methods. Perhaps Alex more than most.

Anyway, reports from Dens are very good and I would hope he'd be back at East Mains at the start of next season raring to go. He's got all the potential to be a very good player and Alan Stubbs seems to be the very guy to bring on young players sensibly.

And finally we seem to have a few youngsters on the books worth his trouble.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I don't think there's any question that Dundee will look to keep him - but similarly, I don't think there's any question that he'll be staying right here.

I've stated on dozens of threads that I believed Harris still had the potential to be a big player for us - this is looking like the perfect loan deal for us at the moment.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    If he wants to stay at Dundee, and Hibs agree, there will be a fee involved IF Dundee can afford it.
    Personally, I would be happy for both clubs to agree a fee and let him move on with his career, I just doubt Dundee will manage to come up with the cash so he may move elsewhere, the loan deal putting him in the shop window for others to view.

Left by mutual consent!

No. 10

I would like to see him play as an "enchante", a number 10 or player in the hole behind a main striker. Just to give us something a bit different.

He's just a laddie FFS.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    He's just a laddie FFS.
    Harris is the same age as the likes of Callum Paterson and Sam Nicholson at Hearts. At the extreme side he is the same age as Raheem Sterling.

I think he is an age where we can have a conversation about his performances and development.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Harris is the same age as the likes of Callum Paterson and Sam Nicholson at Hearts. At the extreme side he is the same age as Raheem Sterling.

I think he is an age where we can have a conversation about his performances and development.
    This. People are abit too soft at times when it comes to so called 'young players'.

He's also a year older than Cummings, who people don't seem as shy to criticise despite his age.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I would like to see him play as an "enchante", a number 10 or player in the hole behind a main striker. Just to give us something a bit different.
    A what?? Do you mean a fantasista?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Yup. I think more players than Harris were affected by Butcher's attitude and methods. Perhaps Alex more than most.

Anyway, reports from Dens are very good and I would hope he'd be back at East Mains at the start of next season raring to go. He's got all the potential to be a very good player and Alan Stubbs seems to be the very guy to bring on young players sensibly.

And finally we seem to have a few youngsters on the books worth his trouble.
    Absolutely !!
    One of my young rellies was freed in a two minute conversation with Butcher and has virtually given up the game - completely disallusioned !
    To be fair I don't think he would have made it in the SPL anyway but it was the offhand manner he was told he was being freed that upset him ..

First Team Breakthrough

Yes, he is currently playing well in a team performing in a league above us.

Yes. But he has been criticised on here and at games since he was barely 19 yrs old. Despite a bad injury and huge potential shown when 17/18.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The fact that he's a Hibs supporter perhaps?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    But he's a Celtic fan...

Alan stubbs im sure told him to go to dundee and get his form and confidence back. We in return got boyle who has been more useful for us. You never know we could end up having both boyle and harris next season but i suppose it depends on us going up. Should we get promotion then im sure a few players will fancy joining us with the midfield we have. As has shown he can spot a player and can get them playing his way. Boozy will be back im sure as the team is playing with confidence and that will suit him. Im afraid the booboys will aways be there and im afraid the only way to silence them is by playing well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    But he's a Celtic fan...
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-tells-3049061

Says here he's a diehard Hibby and his Dad was a Celtic fan.

Saying that, i don't know the laddie, I'm sure i saw him saying this in an interview

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Why would him being a Hibs supporter make him not want to come back.

United we stand here....

it occurs to me, that if his good form continues someone with more cash than Dundee might come in for him. He was coming to the attention of other clubs before his injury, I heard.

Blog Entries
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    it occurs to me, that if his good form continues someone with more cash than Dundee might come in for him. He was coming to the attention of other clubs before his injury, I heard.

I'll say it agin, he has 2 years left on his contract come the summer, if he has caught the eye of other clubs, they'll still need to put their hand in their pocket and pay the going rate which is £500K plus and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I'll say it agin, he has 2 years left on his contract come the summer, if he has caught the eye of other clubs, they'll still need to put their hand in their pocket and pay the going rate which is £500K plus and rising.
    I doubt we would get that much but yes I do see your point.