hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Shingles

Promising Youngster

Shingles

Anyone ever had shingles before? Day 3 into my drugs and all I've done is sleep constantly yet still feel exhausted! 24 years old and hate being so immobile!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    24 years old and hate being so immobile!
    You better watch Robbie Neilson doesn't see this or you'll be starting up front for the Savilles at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    Anyone ever had shingles before? Day 3 into my drugs and all I've done is sleep constantly yet still feel exhausted! 24 years old and hate being so immobile!
    I've had this & it's not nice at all, apparently even after you have had it it can return again should something trigger it. Usually stress or feeling run down can set it off. I'm sure it was about 10 days & rash on my shoulder was excruciating, hope it don't last long for you as I hope not to experience it again.
    Feel your pain
    Get well soon fella !! & drink plenty water !!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Not a nice thing to have. Has it mirrored itself on the other side of your body?

Promising Youngster
    Thanks guys! Feeling a lot better today, started the tablets on Monday and today was the first day that I've not had to nap and feel a lot more energised! Pills finish on Sunday so hoping to get back to work on the Monday/Tuesday! It's a nasty little virus, really knocks you out!

Had this in my late 20s. Felt absolutely brutal. Friend of mine recommended Echinacea and I found it helped a great deal.
    Glad your feeling better the day though, horrible illness.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Had this in my late 20s. Felt absolutely brutal. Friend of mine recommended Echinacea and I found it helped a great deal.
    Glad your feeling better the day though, horrible illness.
    Thought I was well enough to go into work yesterday however only managed 2 hours and I'm now signed back off for another week! Doc says I'm on the road to recovery, just to rest again this week which is frustrating as the pain has gone but head is still a bit sore!