hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: American Sniper

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

American Sniper

Went to see this yesterday, thought it was very good and well worth the cinema visit, won't say too much for those who haven't seen it or know nothing of the story.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 11-02-2015 at 12:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought it was brilliant, probably the only time I've been to the cinema and everyone left in silence.

Was a decent film. The guy was a racist tit in real life though. Was boasting about shooting ragheads and so on.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was a decent film. The guy was a racist tit in real life though. Was boasting about shooting ragheads and so on.
    Shooting ragheads that were the enemy and killing his comrades, I can forgive his terminology given his experiences in the battlefield.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Thought it was okay, nothing special. Certainly not worth an Oscar nomination IMO.

Also thought it was odd that it was released about 2 months before the guy's trial. I mean he obviously did it but it could affect the verdict and could literally be the difference between life & death for the guy.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Thought it was okay, nothing special. Certainly not worth an Oscar nomination IMO.

Also thought it was odd that it was released about 2 months before the guy's trial. I mean he obviously did it but it could affect the verdict and could literally be the difference between life & death for the guy.
    I agree with both parts of that.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    It was a bit like an American version of that nations pride film in inglorious *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post

No it won't. It only stated he was killed that same day by the marine he was trying to help. No explanation as to why so won't affect his trial in the slightest. But let's be honest. The boy has murdered a national hero (in American eyes) so is ****ed anyway.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    [/B]

No it won't. It only stated he was killed that same day by the marine he was trying to help. No explanation as to why so won't affect his trial in the slightest. But let's be honest. The boy has murdered a national hero (in American eyes) so is ****ed anyway.
    Not legally speaking, no. However the jury may well have seen the film and could be swayed by it.

I agree with the last part of your post though.