hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the worst Hibs periods of football culminating eventually in dismal relegation... and an ever present in that run...hardly outstanding..
    Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Well done Lewis and here's to the next 250 appearances.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    250 appearances / 250 100% displays - Cheers Lewis, here's to the next 250 !!

The thread is titled Lewis Stevenson, i posted an opinion about a comment made, is this also a non opinion thread?
    The bit in bold. No, it's not "a non opinion thread", but don't come out with that excuse if you find your opinion being challenged.

You are right i forgot about that MOM performance in the 2007 final

Congratulations

You've won the numpty of the evening award

First Team Breakthrough wfortune's Avatar
    Well done Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold. No, it's not "a non opinion thread", but don't come out with that excuse if you find your opinion being challenged.
    What are you talking about? challenged? did you read the post i replied to?? i was told not to bother posting at all.....would you like to ammend your post? im happy to debate and be challenged on opinion but what happens here is you are told to delete posts, dictated to called a numpty or idiot...or was that what you meant by being challenged? as i missed the opinionated debate on football

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Tbf it wasn't even an opinion thread, it was a Congratulations thread, not a "what level of achievement do you think this is" thread. Shame that the doom and gloomers can't help themselves.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Well done Lewis, how about another 250? Could imagine him still getting up and down the touchline all game in about 10 years!

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    You are right i forgot about that MOM performance in the 2007 final
    Go back to kick back mate. You are clearly fishing.

The rolled eyes at the mom last time we won a cup??? Like that's something not to be proud off?

What are you talking about? challenged? did you read the post i replied to?? i was told not to bother posting at all.....would you like to ammend your post? im happy to debate and be challenged on opinion but what happens here is you are told to delete posts, dictated to called a numpty or idiot...or was that what you meant by being challenged? as i missed the opinionated debate on football
    Yes, I read the post you replied to. It said... "Congratulations on your 250th appearance, outstanding achievement". A nice compliment to a player who has always given 100% for this club.

You replied with..."One of the worst periods of football culminating eventually in dismal relegation and an ever present in that run...hardly outstanding.."

You may have been told to not bother posting at all. I can understand where that poster was coming from, but that wasn't me, so what are you talking about?

No, I would not like to amend my post. Do you know why? It's because I'm entitled to post my opinion, just like you.

I'm not dictating to you, calling you a numpty or an idiot. I simply disagree with your opinion, and I believe that giving years of loyal service to Hibernian Football Club, racking up 250 appearances, is outstanding in this day and age.

That's what I mean by being challenged. Other posters can speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Go back to kick back mate. You are clearly fishing.

The rolled eyes at the mom last time we won a cup??? Like that's something not to be proud off?
    Brilliant, i really give up on this site, as for your last sentence it says it all about missing the point.

Ill leave it at this, i clapped for his 250th appearance and supported him at the game, i like Stevenson in the championship but i dont think its an OUTSTANDING achievement at 250 games considering our recent past.....ill give up now

Brilliant, i really give up on this site, as for your last sentence it says it all about missing the point.

Ill leave it at this, i clapped for his 250th appearance and supported him at the game, i like Stevenson in the championship but i dont think its an OUTSTANDING achievement at 250 games considering our recent past.....ill give up now
    Please do.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Before you go Pedro, what about a reply to my post #40?

Before you go Pedro, what about a reply to my post #40?
    I replied specifically to a post where i was told not to post....hence the non opinion thread comment. You wrote a one liner about my opinion being challenged only citing my reply to that post... So you do think getting told not to post is being challenged or are we just getting silly, the rest of your post is passing the buck as other poster say idiot or numpty not you...does that change the point that its not really a challange...my specific point was in reply to your one liner. Lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Please do.
    Thanks, ill send you a pm asking for permission to post again when i get over the debate pasting you just gave me

In a modern day age of football mercenaries and what we have been through via a revolving door of piss poor loan signings pre Stubbsy, it's a very welcome change to be able to congratulate Lewis on this milestone, only the 60th player in our proud history to do so.

It's not a debate on his attributes, it's recognition of outstanding service from a lad that quietly goes about his business with a great old school attitude.

Love to see him get a testimonial.

Well done Lewis

GGTTH

Thanks, ill send you a pm asking for permission to post again when i get over the debate pasting you just gave me
    Just assume the response is 'denied'. Save yourself the effort.

I replied specifically to a post where i was told not to post....hence the non opinion thread comment. You wrote a one liner about my opinion being challenged only citing my reply to that post... So you do think getting told not to post is being challenged or are we just getting silly, the rest of your post is passing the buck as other poster say idiot or numpty not you...does that change the point that its not really a challange...my specific point was in reply to your one liner. Lets move on
    I'll just say the same as you. What are you talking about?

Yep, let's "move on". Life's too short.

@hibs.net private member
    Superb Lewis - great pro! If there is anyone that still doesn't appreciate what Lewis brings to the team - go and support the Hearts !

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar

Lewis Stevenson

I smell an undercover Yam in this thread.....

I beg to differ here! the opinionated debate on football you mention is non existent as far as im concerned!

You are not debating football with your comments you are slating an individual who is our longest serving player, who has played under 7 different managers, who ALL thought highly enough of him to include him in the team.

If playing 250 games for one club is not an achievement for ANY player then what on earth is!!

Its people like you who hog a complimentary post to be different from everyone else and cause a bit of negativity. You are entitled you your opinion certainly, but at a time when negativity has hung over us for years please try and concentrate on something good happening around your club!!!!

As another poster pointed out it took more than Lewis to get us relegated!!!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Give the lad the testimonial he richly deserves!