hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have to say having re read my initial post it does sound harsh on Allan. I wasn't meaning he doesn't work hard. But that his efforts after something didn't work for him appeared to have dropped.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Get a grip you big bunch of babies .
    Delete the thread ? Are you serious ?

Deary deary me.

Bernz is giving his opinion . Let's see the rest of you start some threads.

Delete the thread

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Deary deary me.

Delete the thread
    Delete this post.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    pmsl @ the

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    pmsl @ the
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Deary deary me.

Delete the thread
    He's entitled to his opinion of course. It's just that it's complete boll**** IMHO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I thought he was decent today. Instrumental in the equaliser and always trying to get on the ball.
    Thought and think he was Besteque - way way ahead of his team mates with thought and ingenutity.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    pmsl @ the
    Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion of course. It's just that it's complete boll**** IMHO.
    How many bull**** threads are on here ? Do you think they all should be deleted ?
    Bernz was giving his opinion on the match he attended. I assume all the thread delete riot squad were at the match too.

Another thing , he's been posting here since dial up days so demanding that the thread gets deleted is outrageous .

Fair enough , don't agree but delete the thread ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    Bernz, my 18 year old son was saying the same as you today. An outstanding player by all means but there was a few times this week and (I think) last week that he felt he wasn't chasing back when the he should have.
    Last edited by Jay; 07-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Is it just me that feels in the last 2 games SA has lacked the effort he was putting in previously.

I know he is a great talent but I think the old saying of talent means nothing without hard work is starting to apply here.

Edit: I don't mean he doesn't work hard but more that he's stopped trying to win the ball back after losing it.
    Scott Allan had a great game today and put in a decent shift from where I was sitting. Took a few hefty whacks too but just kept going. If that's him not trying it's good enough for me.

How many bull**** threads are on here ? Do you think they all should be deleted ?
    Bernz was giving his opinion on the match he attended. I assume all the thread delete riot squad were at the match too.

Another thing , he's been posting here since dial up days so demanding that the thread gets deleted is outrageous .

Fair enough , don't agree but delete the thread ?
    Hang on, can you point me to where I demanded this thread gets deleted? I think you are maybe mixing me up with another poster(s).

As I said earlier, he's entitled to his opinion, and I wouldn't want a thread deleted simply because I disagreed with it.

Finally, I don't see what the length of time anyone has been posting on this forum has got to do with anything. I couldn't care less how long or how briefly anyone has been posting. They are all entitled to express their opinions.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    And that's enough for you to start a thread suggesting Scott Allan is "not trying as hard?" Jeez.
    Exactly, a thread that does no good whatsoever, a thread that if Scott Allan decides to jump on .net to see what the fans thought of the team/him today, he clicks on, reads all the garbage and then thinks...well you know what, screw them! Then, we might have a player that might not 'try as hard'. And believe me, that very situation has happened many times before! Yes, it doesn't look to good on a player who can't raise above negativity, but lets not try to have a knock at a player who's confidence is high, raking up Man Of The Match awards most weeks, assisting goals, and giving us great entertainment!

Hibs won today!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Don't delete the thread, if it annoys you simply tipp-ex over the posts you don't like and read the rest. Simple.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Don't delete the thread, if it annoys you simply tipp-ex over the posts you don't like and read the rest. Simple.
    #southkorea.net

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Exactly, a thread that does no good whatsoever, a thread that if Scott Allan decides to jump on .net to see what the fans thought of the team/him today, he clicks on, reads all the garbage and then thinks...well you know what, screw them! Then, we might have a player that might not 'try as hard'. And believe me, that very situation has happened many times before! Yes, it doesn't look to good on a player who can't raise above negativity, but lets not try to have a knock at a player who's confidence is high, raking up Man Of The Match awards most weeks, assisting goals, and giving us great entertainment!

Hibs won today!
    It was a topic I brought up on a discussion board, for discussion. I may be in the minority but it was still my opinion
    I would hope that a professional player might see someone commenting on them giving up after losing the ball and think that's an area I can maybe look at. I would be surprised if he thought he had zero faults in his game.

I was also delighted that hibs won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Bernz, my 18 year old son was saying the same as you today. An outstanding player by all means but there was a few times this week and (I think) last week that he felt he wasn't chasing back when the he should have.
    Thank goodness for that. I thought I was maybe going mad

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    #southkorea.net
    Tipp-ex-ed your post, defo.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Is it just me that feels in the last 2 games SA has lacked the effort he was putting in previously.

I know he is a great talent but I think the old saying of talent means nothing without hard work is starting to apply here.

Edit: I don't mean he doesn't work hard but more that he's stopped trying to win the ball back after losing it.
    Seriously. Think before you post mate.

Yes....totally agree with this thread. Let's replace the most skilful player we've had for years with a donkey who gives 110%. That's progress!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    tipp-ex-ed your post, defo.
    That tippex works mate ...

a cracking player..but he could work harder in games. Stubbs has said this.

I'm out. You crack on mate.
    Hang on, can you point me to where I demanded this thread gets deleted? I think you are maybe mixing me up with another poster(s).

As I said earlier, he's entitled to his opinion, and I wouldn't want a thread deleted simply because I disagreed with it.

Finally, I don't see what the length of time anyone has been posting on this forum has got to do with anything. I couldn't care less how long or how briefly anyone has been posting. They are all entitled to express their opinions.
    Thought you were out .

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Our best player by a mile in my opinion. Cant understand when the crowd get on his back to play a simple ball when he's the only one capable of seeing a pass no one else can see....just let him get on with what he's best at.

What i would say though, i think he's better starting off at the back of the diamond, in front of the back four being able to pick up the ball and drive forward with it. it looked to me that he started at the tip of the diamond today, and maybe he was given instructions not to chase back as much?

The only one i could hear Stubbs and Doolan shouting at to chase back was Cummings...so maybe Allan was told to stay up field a bit more?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Eh? What? Come again?

Seems to be quite popular on here now on a Saturday night to have a totally unjustified pop at Allan. 1 poor and 2 average games this season as far as I can recall. The rest either midfield masterclasses, very good or 1 or 2 just plain good.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Thought you were out .
    As Al Pacino says in The Godfather..."just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in" (something like that!)

I can see what Bernz is saying, there was a few occasions where Allan did just give up after receiving a dodgy pass or after losing the ball, also over hit a lot of passes today, but he has set such a high standard for himself and had so many good games for us that when it doesn't quite happen for him it's magnified. Was never man of the match though, wee Lewis for me.

As Al Pacino says in The Godfather..."just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in" (something like that!)

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    You could justifiably say that about him last week. He was excellent today I thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post

Hibs won today!
    To be honest, if a football player goes onto the internet and deliberately goes onto a fans forum where he is likely to read comments about himself and his confidence is knocked because of a few negative remarks, he is probably in the wrong job.