hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lampard there is no other world footballer in centre mid that scores 20 goals a season he's chelsea all time goal scorer from centre mid
    Frank for me too. All 3 have made decent contributions to my pocket via FGS bets.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Frank Lampard for me. Hero of mine. Just dont think we will ever see such an effective box to box midfielder for a long time.

Gerrard is a great player but overhyped IMO.

Scholes was better than Gerrard but Lampard tops it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best " all round player " has to be Gerrard .
    The other two have great attributes but for what he has put into the game overall club/country it has to be SG

And a lovely guy to spend time with !!!
    Unless you're playing music he doesn't like ;)

Scholes for me, purely because Zidane thinks he's the best. Pretty sure Xavi said much the same too.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Scholes was the best footballer in my opinion, but if i had to pick one it would be Lampard, he just does the hardest thing to do in football so much more regularly than any other midfielder does, and some forwards.

Couldn't pick one to be honest. They're all world class players who would've walked into any midfield on the planet at their peak. They all bring different things to the table and it really depends on what you're looking for from your midfield. If you're building a team to have possession of the football then you have Scholes. If you're building a team to play counter attack you pick Gerrard as he can tackle and win possession for the break, the other two can't tackle for toffee. If you want to set a team up that can go back to front all game long then you pick Lampard as he's probably the best box to box midfielder of a generation. I never got all the "Fat" Frank talk, he was the fittest player in the Premiership and played 90 minutes every game for years.

Basically it's different strokes for different folks.

I'd have had Scholes though.