hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Nations Rugby

Blog Entries
    Welshman, Johnathan Davis is the most annoying and biased commentator on TV. He has a good knowledge of the game and gives grudging credit to other teams but his continual pro Welsh bleating puts me off watching BBC coverage.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welshman, Johnathan Davis is the most annoying and biased commentator on TV. He has a good knowledge of the game and gives grudging credit to other teams but his continual pro Welsh bleating puts me off watching BBC coverage.
    Disagree. He was right in the points he was making today, and in general the whole bbc rugby pundits do well in not being biased.

It's official. The Welsh are better at pushing, shoving and falling down on the ground.

I could have told you that last night after watching their fans up town.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Very VERY biased and annoying little p rick to listen to...How he gets the gig is staggering.

Annoying little ****!!

I'm not sure he's biased. He just seems like a jumped up know it all. Always talking over the commentator and makes his points very forcefully. Never seems to concede he's wrong or that there could be an alternative viewpoint.

After watching that today I still stand by my view that rigby league is far better to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure he's biased. He just seems like a jumped up know it all. Always talking over the commentator and makes his points very forcefully. Never seems to concede he's wrong or that there could be an alternative viewpoint.

After watching that today I still stand by my view that rigby league is far better to watch.
    I'm a fan of both (Australian rugby league though) and would say rugby league is more exciting in terms of creation and the kind of X factor but a good Union game is some spectacle

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    jonathan davies is a very fair co-commentator/summariser, he did say the welsh should have had a yellow card with all the infringements near the end and also called it a yellow card for the high tackle by the welsh boy at our disallowed 'try' and rightly slated russell for taking yonks to put the freakin conversion over, still, the welsh are just the lastest team to benefit from the enivitable rake of penalties the Scottish rugby team giva away time and time again, it's incredible the amount we give away, but we do have the exciting annual wooden-spoon game against the italians to look forward to in a fortnight

How much longer can we say we are an improving side ?
    Scunnered tonight again with another game we had there for the taking. Like last week thought the ref was shocking and never gave us anything.
    Time for the powers that be to stand up to the ruling body and tell them enough is enough we want to be officiated by competent and honest referees. The Welsh got away with murder today like the French last week.

Oh and just for the record Jonnathan Davies is an annoying gimp. (disappointed as he was schooled by the best rugby commentator ever Bill McClaren)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    How much longer can we say we are an improving side ?
    Scunnered tonight again with another game we had there for the taking. Like last week thought the ref was shocking and never gave us anything.
    Time for the powers that be to stand up to the ruling body and tell them enough is enough we want to be officiated by competent and honest referees. The Welsh got away with murder today like the French last week.

Oh and just for the record Jonnathan Davies is an annoying gimp. (disappointed as he was schooled by the best rugby commentator ever Bill McClaren)
    One reason why I just find rugby union incredibly annoying is the inconsistencies in how the laws are applied. Totally arbitrary most of the time. And they should just do away with the scrum, they collapse all the time these days and the ref just guesses which team to penalise. And with 3 points for a penalty goal, close games are usually decided by this kind of arbitrary decision.

and this week we blow it against the argentinians in the 7's only us
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 15-02-2015 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    and this week we blow it against the argentinians in the 7's only us
    The older I get the more I am convinced it's just in the Scottish genes. It's the way we are made.
    We as a nation seem to with ease grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    One reason why I just find rugby union incredibly annoying is the inconsistencies in how the laws are applied. Totally arbitrary most of the time. And they should just do away with the scrum, they collapse all the time these days and the ref just guesses which team to penalise. And with 3 points for a penalty goal, close games are usually decided by this kind of arbitrary decision.
    As in football all we ask for is consistency in rugby but even when the obvious is staring the TMO in the face they seem to give polar opposite decisions. It's infuriating

I know hibsbollah had disagreed with you, I on the other hand agree with you.

was constantly whining about Scottish alleged transgressions, but complimented the Welsh for doing the same thing as smart play. As it happens, he's always like that, so biased towards Wales. The Scottish (and some English) commentators are far more even handed. Brian Moore is usually excellent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I know hibsbollah had disagreed with you, I on the other hand agree with you.

was constantly whining about Scottish alleged transgressions, but complimented the Welsh for doing the same thing as smart play. As it happens, he's always like that, so biased towards Wales. The Scottish (and some English) commentators are far more even handed. Brian Moore is usually excellent.
    Totally agree - he was dreadful on Sunday. I'm sure someone had a word cos he definitely toned it down.

I always remember him sitting next to Bill McLaren on his last game and saying something along the lines off "if I can be half as unbiased as this man sitting next to me I'll be delighted".

Not even close Jonathan.

Shouldnae be any trouble seeing the football on the telly this w-end as the publicans won't have the 5 times a year visitors to fawn over.

a new low for scottish rugby, the most eye-bleeding rugby i've ever saw from a recognised rugby playing nation, well done the italians

I'm heading out with a group of mates who are rugby fans tonight. Secretly going to quite enjoy the fact their pusses will all be tripping them. Payback for all the times they have slagged me for watching a 'pish football team'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    That was dreadful.

Not finding touch at the end beggars belief!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hacked off with this need to have a foreign coach as our head man. What have the last half dozen brought to the table?

We are so far behind the rest of the teams in the 6 nations it's a bloody disgrace!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Who cares, its bloody rugby FFS?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I enjoyed it!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Who cares, its bloody rugby FFS?
    Suppose so. I taped it because there's no english fitba to watch tonight and it was dire. We've been beaten by Afghanistan at cricket and Italy at Rugby. That's pish! Glad we weren't playing Gibraltar this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I enjoyed it!
    As much as Thursday nights performance

I thought Everton played quite well. :-)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Much more

We've never won the thing once since it became the six nations in 2000. Im amazed theres still an appetite for it when we are clearly so rubbish at the sport.

@hibs.net private member
    We've never won the thing once since it became the six nations in 2000. Im amazed theres still an appetite for it when we are clearly so rubbish at the sport.
    Do you still watch the Football Euros and World Cup though?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Do you still watch the Football Euros and World Cup though?
    I had a feeling this question would come up

I suppose in a small group of five countries who should be relatively evenly matched (excluding the Italians who were always going to take time to adjust to the heightened competition), its a bit disappointing not to have finished top just once, in sixteen attempts? We've only ever had a winning record once in that time (2006, 3 wins, 2 defeats) which is fairly embarrassing really.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I had a feeling this question would come up

I suppose in a small group of five countries who should be relatively evenly matched (excluding the Italians who were always going to take time to adjust to the heightened competition), its a bit disappointing not to have finished top just once, in sixteen attempts? We've only ever had a winning record once in that time (2006, 3 wins, 2 defeats) which is fairly embarrassing really.
    I think it's just a sign of the times. When I was growing up (I'm 44 now) Scotland had a decent football team and a decent rugby team. I always qualified that with "for the size of country, we do pretty well".

Maybe if all the kids stealing cars, robbing houses, etc. found something a little less anti-social to do we wouldn't be in this predicament. I don't know what the answer is but the problem has to stem from the next generation not giving a crap. I am not blaming them, they must have their reasons. Maybe the governing bodies need to do more to make representing your country something to be proud of rather than laughed at.