hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should we boycot the EEN/Scotsman?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

154 83.70%
  • No

30 16.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to bother as I wouldn't read it to see if it has changed. They had their chance over the last couple of years but kept sticking the knife in.
    The only time I have read the EEN in five years is while awaiting for my order in Efes kebab shop. Twenty years ago I would buy it every day (and the Pink). It was not down to perceived bias but that it had become crap that changed this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Until I believe they are giving balanced coverage to BOTH football clubs in this city, they can shove their papers where the sun don't shine, especially the EEN. Their coverage of the launch of HSL has been abysmal. I've not actually bought an EEN for years as I just have a quick look on their website now and again.

Oh, and take some action against the YAM trolls swarming all over every Hibs article in that same paper.

@hibs.net private member
    Sad to see the first company I worked for going down the pan like this.

I used to deliver all 6 plus the pink. Best paperboy for miles around.

Left by mutual consent!
    Never buy them anyway so can't boycott. Used to buy them occasionally as they were marginally better than the glasgow press for football( by the way I listen to bbc radio scotland and not once today have they mentioned any transfer news other than the ugly sisters)
    I know the yams scandal wasn't exactly watergate, and the Scotsman certainly isn't the Washington post - but where was the edinburgh press during the hearts scandal - they certainly weren't at the forefront of exposing the scandal. They are a 2-bit pandering rag.
    I don't think they are anti hibs or pro yam, I just think they are amateur crap.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Until I believe they are giving balanced coverage to BOTH football clubs in this city, they can shove their papers where the sun don't shine, especially the EEN. Their coverage of the launch of HSL has been abysmal. I've not actually bought an EEN for years as I just have a quick look on their website now and again.

Oh, and take some action against the YAM trolls swarming all over every Hibs article in that same paper.
    Dealing with trolls should be the number one issue to ensure proper debate. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's really let itself down with it's blatant bias. It makes you wonder who is pulling the strings. Jambos. ..or others with agendas perhaps?

88% as I type.

Even Petrie was only at 85% in the polls about him

Less popular than Petrie. Jeezo.........

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Dealing with trolls should be the number one issue to ensure proper debate. Otherwise, what's the point?

It's really let itself down with it's blatant bias. It makes you wonder who is pulling the strings. Jambos. ..or others with agendas perhaps?
    The thing is, I'm not saying there aren't some Hibs fans doing it too, but the last time I looked it was inundated with Yams, easily outnumbering Hibs guys posting stuff.

It's the same Yam sad cases every day (unless it's the same one or two multi-posting!), on every article about Hibs. It has become farcical and a waste of time reading. Yet they just allow it to continue.

BTW I personally don't post on the EEN or Scotsman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    88% as I type.

Even Petrie was only at 85% in the polls about him

Less popular than Petrie. Jeezo.........
    Dearie me...that is bad 😂😂

Forget those rags. What about STV Edinburgh and the Fountainbridge show with that b--lend Ewan Cameron. Just looking at the yam makes the bile rise up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Is it because he didn't realise he had people working for him who are printing stories fed to them by mates and they have a general anti Hibs tendency? The share launch comparison between the yam and us is staggering, especially when you look at the criminality surrounding the events leading up to the yam administration.
    What really pissed me off is the positive stories published about HoMFC and no retractions or rebuttal when they were proved to be a tissue of lies. Southern's declaration of (almost) self-sufficiency is a prime example. Banner headlines then deafening silence when they plunged into administration, bumpng creditors for many millions and cheating Dundee of their place in the SPL. I'd rather type paedophilia into Google than Edinburgh Evening News. It would be less embarrassing if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've read the thread twice but haven't voted. I can't vote when I use the opera browser on my tab :-)
    A bit like there are other newspapers available, there are other internet browsers available also!

Never buy EEN now anyway, so can't boycott it again ! :-)

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    I have not bought either of those rags for a few years now. As for their coverage of the referendum the least said the better.

I sometimes read it online at lunch and have never noticed it has an anti-Hibs bias. I'm not an avid reader but it's been my main source of Edinburgh news now I've moved down south.

Boycotts are the realm of open letter writing Jambos.

Surely no one buys those rags these days anyway ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    He has admitted they were wrong to not carry a story on the launch yesterday..but doesnt know or explain why they haven't. He also said they feel they have given all sides equal column inches which I politely disagreed with.
    Equal inches but only one side being shafted by those inches.

Reading the comments involved in the gorilla suit article the Yams on there think we are being fleeced by STF and will not see the money again.

Funny that how those yam roaster gave mad Vlad 2 lots of dosh....

1st -share money
    2nd- ST money

Put it all in a big suit case and ran away.

I also tweeted Banderson about the negativity and guess what??? He didn't reply.

Part and parcel,of the head in the sand brigade.

It doesn't surprise me they've moved out of their plush offices near dynamic earth!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done its time these people paid for their actions, the sooner that rag is shut down for good the better.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Been boycotting both for years as they are pathetic. I do occasionally look at the online version but their stance in the referendum completely put me off.

Stop reading it a long time ago. Used to enjoy reading the Scotland on Sunday sport section but that became like bbc sportscene and sportsound in that they peddle the same stories and agenda all the time. To describe hertz as an example to how to run your club and never to challenge what's going on at rankeers is part of the agenda as is how great are Aberdeen. The paper is tedious in the extreme and there is no point in wasting time reading it anymore. Sad but that is the reality I'm afraid.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll continue to read both EEN\The Scotsman online whilst both are still free. But eventually they'll go the same way as the others and want paid subscription - that'll be me done with both. Definitely won't miss 'The Scotsman' - heartbreaking to see the levels it's plummeted to. It's bad enough the support and coverage it's given to the 'Charity Thieves FC' but the blatant drive to take the Hun-readership away from the 'Daily R*tard'is shameless - you can't even use the word\title 'SEVCO' on their forums as it's classed as 'Offensive' !!!
    Last edited by Deansy; 04-02-2015 at 05:45 PM.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Would they notice ?
    150,000 papers a week, so average like 20k a day?, they would notice i am sure.

Not purchased it since the constant free full page advert spreads for Foundation of Hearts.

As for the coverage of the Referendum....

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I used to deliver all 6 plus the pink. Best paperboy for miles around.
    Only because I used to deliver eggs.

Like other poster have said ....
    I don't buy it and I'm going to start not buying it again today.

:)

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Like FOH?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Intresting that there is a positive article about Hibs today in the Scotsman.

Maybe the message is getting through - wonder if STF had a word re printing HOH stuff.

Free Shares?

The cost of the Edinburgh Evening News is 65p per day.
    If you are accustomed to buy this newspaper every day
    then that amounts to over £200 per annum.
    The minimum purchase of shares in the Hibernian share issue
    is £200 for existing shareholders.
    The choice is yours.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Intresting that there is a positive article about Hibs today in the Scotsman.

Maybe the message is getting through - wonder if STF had a word re printing HOH stuff.
    Have you a link? It looks like the bland report about Scott Allan staying is their story but maybe I missed the positive story

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Have you a link? It looks like the bland report about Scott Allan staying is their story but maybe I missed the positive story
    Same report - just doesn't mention HOH