hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs hopes Mcgeoch will be playing against Arbroath after taking a knock against Raith so that explains why he subbed him I would assume
    I have not read or heard anything of that. I thought that move was one that cost us 2 points. I felt like blaming the management, but bow to your knowledge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I have not read or heard anything of that. I thought that move was one that cost us 2 points. I felt like blaming the management, but bow to your knowledge.
    Boy next to me said DM signalled to the bench that he needed to come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    For the first time in a long time I feel we have a management team who have a clear vision of how they want us to play, identifying and signing players capable of playing this system to its full effect. They are also bringing out the best in the likes of Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Lewis Stevenson etc. it just goes to show how we, and these players I mentioned were let down drastically by the previous management team who's out of date football cost us our place in the top league. However, as Dempster says it's time we all stopped looking back and focused on what we're doing now. And I for one am bloody impressed in the manner Stubbs and his team have gone about things, especially the boys he's brought in, Allan, McGeouch, Malonga, Gray, Fontaine, Fyvie, Djedje, Watson. Add to that we now have two very good keepers and our squad is looking very strong for the run in with El Aligui to come back as well. To put it bluntly Stubbs has worked wonders in the short time he has had. Yes some results could have been better but most performances have been very good to watch. Looking forward to Saturday to hopefully get into the quarter finals of the cup..... To all concerned at Hibernian FC...
    Mikey, I agree. I was a bit peed off, about the subs on Saturday , without knowing any real reason for the changes. I do like what has been going on with Stubbs and his backroom team.I will stand by my thoughts about 3 or 4 of the loan players not being with us next season, whatever way it pans out. However, as a vote of confidence to our current management staff and to the club in general, our supporters branch will occupy a table at the corporate on Saturday. a Quarter final place, would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Boy next to me said DM signalled to the bench that he needed to come off.
    ok mate, as previously said, Ithought it was a bad decision but without knowing that? hope he is fit for the cup game because he ran the show, for me.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    ok mate, as previously said, Ithought it was a bad decision but without knowing that? hope he is fit for the cup game because he ran the show, for me.
    I didnt see it myself but one thing I will say is that Handling is better when he starts than when he comes on as a sub.

Mikey, I agree. I was a bit peed off, about the subs on Saturday , without knowing any real reason for the changes. I do like what has been going on with Stubbs and his backroom team.I will stand by my thoughts about 3 or 4 of the loan players not being with us next season, whatever way it pans out. However, as a vote of confidence to our current management staff and to the club in general, our supporters branch will occupy a table at the corporate on Saturday. a Quarter final place, would be good.

My post wasn't aimed at anything you said mate. It was just how I'd been feeling and decided to post it as I was bored!! You're absolutely entitled to your opinion re loanees and subs but having played under some decent managers I for one realise there is always a valid reason why someone is taken off, or for that matter left on. Never jump the gun when it comes to questioning a managers decision.... I learned that the hard way under Frank Connor.... Maybe some older .netters will know of him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    I didnt see it myself but one thing I will say is that Handling is better when he starts than when he comes on as a sub.
    not confident with him on the park. he hardly got into the game, and drifted along. you may have a point that if he is on from the start, he needs and knows that he has to buckle down and focus .

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    The first person who uses the term 'Raumdeuter' on here to describe someones best position gets a slap!
    This guy gets it!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    "Im a holding midfielder"
    "What exactly are you holding Son?"

The change in quality per position is probably the main reason why I trust Stubbs as our manager. We are a division below yet we have possibly the strongest midfield since first 6 months of John Hughes team.

I know some key players could leave in the summer if we aren't promoted but that's always gonna be the case in this league.

If some like Mcgeouch and Allan look for a move cause we don't get promoted then stuff them.

Players come and go but its a privilege to play for Hibs. People shouldn't forget that.

I, like you, am enjoying good players while they are here. I, LIKE YOU, feel that I have every right to post my comments on here and the difference being that I try not to denounce comments from others other than suggesting my opposition to theirs. cannae see any sign of a comet hitting my area tonight, but I will stick with my thoughts that the 3 main players mentioned earlier could well be on their way soon, and some on here wont admit that they are only here for such a short term.
    My comment was more tongue in cheek! Post what ever you like I honestly couldn't care. All I'm saying is lighten up a bit!! Yes the players might go so what? Football is like that, I'd hope that every single player has ambitions to move on to bigger and better things because that way they will play out their skin most weeks to ensure they get a move. I'd be raging if a player thinks Hibs are the best they would get and settle here just plodding along each week.

Coaching Staff
    bored you did it? or just not looking facts in the face.
    After almost the rest wasn't worth it.

We didn't sell Allan there was no almost about it. The point you were trying to make was then a bit redundant.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I don't like even the thought of "raining on someones parade". however, is it not fact, that a smaller club than us almost took Allan, from us yesterday, into the upper league/ and is it not a fact that the ex-D.Utd player we have recently signed until the end of season, (the same club that almost snatched Allan) has designs on playing in England next year? is it not also a fact, that our last minute 3.5 month signing, also has the feeling that he should be at a much bigger club than Hibernian? If our present managerial team get us back into the Premier for next season, I think they will then be the next target, or worry for reasonable Hibernian fans.
    I want every player in our squad to be trying to prove they are too good for us!

And saying Dundee Utd almost signed Scott Allan is like saying we almost signed Leigh Griffiths - we asked, but his parent club said no.

I don't like even the thought of "raining on someones parade". however, is it not fact, that a smaller club than us almost took Allan, from us yesterday, into the upper league/ and is it not a fact that the ex-D.Utd player we have recently signed until the end of season, (the same club that almost snatched Allan) has designs on playing in England next year? is it not also a fact, that our last minute 3.5 month signing, also has the feeling that he should be at a much bigger club than Hibernian? If our present managerial team get us back into the Premier for next season, I think they will then be the next target, or worry for reasonable Hibernian fans.
    I understand exactly what you are saying, but do think your posts are possibly too negative for me. What you state could happen, but isn't it nice that people are now a lot more positive about Hibs and the future. The big change at Hibs is that they are aiming to have a structure that if a successful manager leaves, the whole place doesn't collapse and the re-building starts again. The same with players in that they are aiming to have two good players for each position, when one leaves the deputy is as good. As Alan Stubbs states, we are only just at the start of that journey.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I understand exactly what you are saying, but do think your posts are possibly too negative for me. What you state could happen, but isn't it nice that people are now a lot more positive about Hibs and the future. The big change at Hibs is that they are aiming to have a structure that if a successful manager leaves, the whole place doesn't collapse and the re-building starts again. The same with players in that they are aiming to have two good players for each position, when one leaves the deputy is as good. As Alan Stubbs states, we are only just at the start of that journey.

Absolutely. Although maybe we should lighten up a wee bit when we drop points and then start harping back to how "nothing has changed!!" Not a dig at you just making a general point....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    In what respect did United 'almost' take Allan from us? They bid for him and it was rejected.

Watson did say he wanted to try his luck in England, but hes since said he may stay at Hibs if it works out for him. Armstrong also said he wanted to go to England, but has signed for Celtic...

As for Fyvie, how do you know it wasnt the club who offered him a short term deal? Hes barely played any football since leaving Aberdeen, and until he makes his claim for a first team spot, is there to strengthen the squad. If he offers something to the team and its right for both parties, he may sign longer term.

As others have said, it seems a very negative ways of looking at it when things are going pretty well at the moment. We have a really good squad (many of whom are tied up for next season at least), Id say thats something to be positive about!