hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Greengrin you may, but this is the one aspect of the whole shooting match that seriously troubles me. Hibs have, apparently deliberately, made it more difficult than it need have been for individuals to own shares individually. Less money will be raised than could have been. I can't understand why STF and RP have done this since, as any fule no, all money raised ends up in their back pockets anyway.
    Hibs have not deliberately made it more difficult. Unfortunately it is not so straightforward to sell these type of shares due to the rules of the FCA.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Hibs have not deliberately made it more difficult. Unfortunately it is not so straightforward to sell these type of shares due to the rules of the FCA.
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkenotto View Post
    I can see why you've called yourself a "lapsed Hibee".Have you read and more importantly understood the relevant literature?
    Yes, agree my previous post mostly nonsense. Been a bit puzzled why the FAQs indicate that IFAs "may" charge a fee for supporting an individual's application, whereas IFAs on here have been making it clear that the relevant assessment would be a major undertaking and would be expensive if indeed it was going to be made available at all. Would Hibs not have known all that? I haven't been right through the FSMA 2000 or FCA regs, but presumably Hibs' advisers would have. A very small point in the scheme of things, but it puzzled me. (I personally would have preferred an individual route, but not at any price and so will be happy enough with the HSL route.)
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 03-02-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    How big is your individual voice going to be as a single shareholder? I know you'll have a voice, but it won't make any difference (except for that certificate on your wall )
    It doesn't matter how big your voice is, it will be MY voice and not some groups voice voting on my behalf on something that I might not agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You say there isn't anything wrong with HSL but you have doubts. Bit of a contradiction going on, no? I'm not trying to be nippy BTW, just genuinely concerned as you seem to have a willingness to contribute but have a greater willingness not to!
    Aye, possibly, but what I meant was, if others want to go down the HSL line then I don't see anything wrong with that, everyone to their own, but personally, and also with other friends and family, we would rather just buy our own individual shares. Hibs apparently (I'm sure somebody posted) can waiver this IFA thing but don't want to so my money will be put to other uses, e.g. paying off my bills I accumulated over Christmas and New Year.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    One of the guys who drinks with us BTG before the match,walked into an IFAs shop last week, asked the question about authorising his application, duly got it signed and stamped F.O.C. I'm not gonna say where this was as the IFA may be inundated, but it can happen, and if you find a decent reasonable person, it's not a big deal.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1173 View Post
    One of the guys who drinks with us BTG before the match,walked into an IFAs shop last week, asked the question about authorising his application, duly got it signed and stamped F.O.C. I'm not gonna say where this was as the IFA may be inundated, but it can happen, and if you find a decent reasonable person, it's not a big deal.
    Where was this?

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Where was this?
    Saying nought! I've sent a few e mails this morning to IFAs in East Edinburgh asking if they can help and what the charge would be. I'll update as soon as I get responses.

I did precisely this on the understanding that was the only way I could get a “prospectus”.

I delivered the form last week to the Ticket Office for the attention of The Share Manager – as directed.

This morning I received in the post a brown buff A4 envelope, hand written with my name on it and containing an unsigned document, 16 pages long, which is described as “not a prospectus” !

Saying nought! I've sent a few e mails this morning to IFAs in East Edinburgh asking if they can help and what the charge would be. I'll update as soon as I get responses.
    Well done, looking forward to your update.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    I did precisely this on the understanding that was the only way I could get a “prospectus”.

I delivered the form last week to the Ticket Office for the attention of The Share Manager – as directed.

This morning I received in the post a brown buff A4 envelope, hand written with my name on it and containing an unsigned document, 16 pages long, which is described as “not a prospectus” !
    I can't even get a letter out of Hibs yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Andy, if I was on the Board I would be embarrassed to read that comment.

Can I suggest that you contact Frank and Amit, explain the situation and ask them in their capacity as Fan’s Representatives to get you the letter ?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I will be contributing to HSL as I see the benefits of having a fans body with a substantial shareholding in the club. However, like many, I think it will hold sentimental value to have a personal holding with the certificate and associated rights.
    This, it's a nonsense that I have to pay for IFA. I'm not investing to get a return, but to have a multi generational stake in the club I own. I would see my Dads shares coming to me and my brother, then my shares passing on to my two boys. We will all be on the lookout for Hibs best interests and quite frankly don't look for anything in return.

As was pointed out, I can't leave my membership to a cooperative to my kids.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This, it's a nonsense that I have to pay for IFA. I'm not investing to get a return, but to have a multi generational stake in the club I own. I would see my Dads shares coming to me and my brother, then my shares passing on to my two boys. We will all be on the lookout for Hibs best interests and quite frankly don't look for anything in return.

J
    Very much this, I'd be awfy interested to attend the AGM too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    Yes you can.....

6 Can my HSL membership be handed down to my family in the same way that my Hibs shares can?

A. Yes, subject to the normal Membership criteria being met.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...imited-Q-amp-A

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    More letters were sent out yesterday, so should be arriving tomorrow.

Or it's back to emailing the club again
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    More letters were sent out yesterday, so should be arriving tomorrow.

Or it's back to emailing the club again
    I got a PDF copy sent by email on Sunday - no paper copy. Now in the process of an IFA that will sign the letter.