hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    For years now there's been a culture of booing at ER ...many many times it is completely valid ....yesterday was not the case . Only finishing stopped it being a rout. 1 defeat in 20 , we should be praising this team - they can't change the past , but they are certainly creating a better future

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not sure that the boos are wholly intended to be aimed at the team. If you accept that getting out of this league is a two year plan, then you take this as a wee dunt on a longer road. If you expect to get back up in one season, well the option to get back up as league winners is gone, so every set back is a major wound. If it is a thousand fans boo-ing at twenty quid a pop, I would like to see the business plan that shows how it is better these guys don't turn up.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Are people booing because of a single game ? I think most are booing because of where we are in the Championship and most can see that unless we start converting these chances and solid up at the back we will be in the Championship next season. Not putting the ball in the net at really good opportunities and then gifting goals like we do will not be good enough to get us through the playoffs thats my frustration, but i didnt boo but i can see where they are coming from .

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.
    Your spot on here PB was just about to post something similar. I love Stubbs but disappointed in this, most of booing was just sheer frustration at FT and I'd rather he had concentrated on our shocking defending atbthe corner and wasteful finishing than having a pop at the hardcore 8k fans we have left. Yes there are a few neanderthals that take things too far but contrary to opinion on here. ..every club has them not just Hibs.
    Come on Alan hibs should not be drawing games at home with teams like Raith...thats the expectation at this club and if that changes then we should all give up!!

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Your spot on here PB was just about to post something similar. I love Stubbs but disappointed in this, most of booing was just sheer frustration at FT and I'd rather he had concentrated on our shocking defending atbthe corner and wasteful finishing than having a pop at the hardcore 8k fans we have left. Yes there are a few neanderthals that take things too far but contrary to opinion on here. ..every club has them not just Hibs.
    Come on Alan hibs should not be drawing games at home with teams like Raith...thats the expectation at this club and if that changes then we should all give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.
    Totally agree and I said as much leaving yesterday. Frustration leads to booing especially after a 90th minute goal it's a natural reaction. Couple that with how we consistently miss barrel loads of chances, lose soft goals from cross balls, lose late goals, playing poor opposition & in a position we shouldn't be in within this league.

Concentrate on fixing the issues that are consistently seeing us drop points rather than having a go at the hardcore fan base.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    There were folk complaining before they scored. They just like the sound of their own voice.
    Been back to a couple of games this season, and it seems to me that the fans are still lacking the confidence to back the team fully. I sat in the East and was disappointed by the negativity, there was very little encouragement for, or appreciation of, the positives.

I know that it's been hard the last few years, but it's maybe time to move on. If the fans have nothing to do with the result then a) why are they there at all, and b) why do Hibs play better away from Easter Road?

On another thread, somebody said that the manager shouldn't criticise the fans for booing. Apart from being an excellent example of fans thinking they can give it out whenever they want, it is also totally illogical.

The fans say they support the team. They are there to encourage their favourites. Just as the fans are right to moan about a striker who misses a sitter, I think managers are within their rights to complain about fans not doing their job.

Of course if it's a one way deal, that's different. But then, you are no longer a fan, you are a spectator.

In closing, I've seen plenty on the pitch to make me want to come back - less in the stands.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we've been getting worse and worse season after season for so long that quite a few of the support have less and less tolerance to poor results.

This and not winning enough home games in a pretty poor league against teams run on a shoestring brings everything to a head for a lot of people.

Nobody is saying its right, but i can see why we are where we are with the current negativity from some fans.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Been back to a couple of games this season, and it seems to me that the fans are still lacking the confidence to back the team fully. I sat in the East and was disappointed by the negativity, there was very little encouragement for, or appreciation of, the positives.

I know that it's been hard the last few years, but it's maybe time to move on. If the fans have nothing to do with the result then a) why are they there at all, and b) why do Hibs play better away from Easter Road?

On another thread, somebody said that the manager shouldn't criticise the fans for booing. Apart from being an excellent example of fans thinking they can give it out whenever they want, it is also totally illogical.

The fans say they support the team. They are there to encourage their favourites. Just as the fans are right to moan about a striker who misses a sitter, I think managers are within their rights to complain about fans not doing their job.

Of course if it's a one way deal, that's different. But then, you are no longer a fan, you are a spectator.

In closing, I've seen plenty on the pitch to make me want to come back - less in the stands.
    This 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.
    Is that you Terry?

Not all supporter's booed, AS should have said that he was disappointed with certain parts of the support
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Having a go at the fans is a nonsense.
    Given what's happened to the club over the last 7 years it's amazing that almost 10,000 showed up yesterday.
    The fact that even with all the improvements this year, our home form is still abysmal against very poor opposition is not the fault of the fans.
    It's Alan Stubbs job to sort that, not the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Is that you Terry?
    Are the stats correct tho?

Are we 17 points behind Hearts and still not above Rangers who are apparently horrendous after playing 3 extra games?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    But it's not only results tho is it. Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted with howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity! And that's when we are battering teams! We hit the bar, the post, had shots saved! What do we want, to go back to last season or before when we created nowt and gave in easily!?
    The bit in bold. That's complete nonsense. Stop exaggerating to try to win your argument.

If Hibs had held on to pick up the 3 points yesterday there would have been no booing at the end of the game. Booing at the end of matches is born out of the sheer frustration of fans who are left badly disappointed by a poor result, especially yesterday by the manner of conceding a ridiculous goal so late in the game.

It's what football fans do all over the world. They were booing at Tynecastle at the end of the game last week. Their first home defeat all season FFS.

Bye the way, I have only booed a Hibs team once at the end of a match, although I'm often left absolutely raging and frustrated. That was after they were relegated in the play-off match versus Hamilton at the end of last season. Do you think that was justified or not?

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    The booing at half time annoyed me more than the booing at full time. If you weren't furious at full time after throwing away 2 points AGAIN! Then you have to tell me how you relax. For me he should be more annoyed that we couldn't see the game out than the fans who showed there displeasure at once again throwing away points. As someone said earlier this isn't just 2 points over all 12 points thrown away because we can't see games out or take our chances. And as for saying nothing was lost. What a daft comment. 2 points could be the difference for us having to play 2 more play off games!!!!

I as sitting in the east and didn't her booing at half time??

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    I as sitting in the east and didn't her booing at half time??
    There was in the west

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    There was in the west
    Prawn sandwiches must have been off

It's the odd idiot not the majority of fans.

There was a wee guy sitting next to me in the 2nd half who shouted at Jason Cummings when he ran the ball out the 2nd half and shouted "your ****ing *****"!! He was less than 10 yards away and would of heard that, I gave him it back a wee bit and he couldn't justify it.

That type of thing you canny help, some of the shouts are terrible but I think the majority of the fans have been great this season!

What about the long journey to QoS and Falkrik away when the players were shocking those days, no praise for the fans then!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Prawn sandwiches must have been off
    Hahahaha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Having a go at the fans is a nonsense.
    Given what's happened to the club over the last 7 years it's amazing that almost 10,000 showed up yesterday.
    The fact that even with all the improvements this year, our home form is still abysmal against very poor opposition is not the fault of the fans.
    It's Alan Stubbs job to sort that, not the fans.
    Why do the fans go to the games - do they have a part to play as well?

Be really funny if Lewis Stevenson turned round and said - I've been having a crap time the last seven years - can you blame me if I don't try a leg?

I'd also like to point out, that - for me personally - the negativity around me yesterday was enough to put me off going back to a game - or at least sitting in that stand. You're right, it's amazing that nearly 9,000 people showed up - but there are people like me who are looking at recent results and performances and thinking of getting back into a match day habit. The stay away fans that the club has to win back.

Worth thinking about how off putting it is to be sitting in the midst of a lot of people judging the team on 7 years worth of performances. There's a lot of talk about change and fans saying how much the club means to them. Maybe it's time to step back and question what the fans mean to the club - if they can't provide encouragement, and behave in a mature way when things don't work out, then maybe it's time they moved on as well.

Another thing - we are in the Championship and we deserve to be. It's time that a minority/most/the vast majority (delete as appropriate depending on your level of denial), got their head round that. It is also worth considering that the Rovers, Falkirk,QOTS etc. are also in that league because they deserve to be.

The Premiership is also full of teams like St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, Ross County who are run on shoestring budgets. They also deserve to be in their league.

It's time for the Hibs supporters to drop the Billy Big Baws attitude, the expectation of a right to beat so called smaller teams, and just rolled up their sleeves and get behind the team. We are no better than the other teams chasing play off spots; we don't win games because we won a couple of league titles 60 years ago.

The way we win games is to out play the opposition, and for the fans to get behind the team when they are trying to play the game out. There was a deafening silence yesterday, after 80 minutes - that's the point where the fans really need to help the team over the line.

Who cares about the last seven years - they are gone, we can't change them.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The booing at half time annoyed me more than the booing at full time. If you weren't furious at full time after throwing away 2 points AGAIN! Then you have to tell me how you relax. For me he should be more annoyed that we couldn't see the game out than the fans who showed there displeasure at once again throwing away points. As someone said earlier this isn't just 2 points over all 12 points thrown away because we can't see games out or take our chances. And as for saying nothing was lost. What a daft comment. 2 points could be the difference for us having to play 2 more play off games!!!!
    The booing at half time was nothing to do with the way we were playing, it was for the ref.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    It's the odd idiot not the majority of fans.

There was a wee guy sitting next to me in the 2nd half who shouted at Jason Cummings when he ran the ball out the 2nd half and shouted "your ****ing *****"!! He was less than 10 yards away and would of heard that, I gave him it back a wee bit and he couldn't justify it.

That type of thing you canny help, some of the shouts are terrible but I think the majority of the fans have been great this season!

What about the long journey to QoS and Falkrik away when the players were shocking those days, no praise for the fans then!!
    Shocking, absolutely disgraceful, deary deary me.

I think the booing at half time was more to do with a poor ref decision right before the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The bit in bold. That's complete nonsense. Stop exaggerating to try to win your argument.

If Hibs had held on to pick up the 3 points yesterday there would have been no booing at the end of the game. Booing at the end of matches is born out of the sheer frustration of fans who are left badly disappointed by a poor result, especially yesterday by the manner of conceding a ridiculous goal so late in the game.

It's what football fans do all over the world. They were booing at Tynecastle at the end of the game last week. Their first home defeat all season FFS.

Bye the way, I have only booed a Hibs team once at the end of a match, although I'm often left absolutely raging and frustrated. That was after they were relegated in the play-off match versus Hamilton at the end of last season. Do you think that was justified or not?
    Which argument? I ain't exagarating, simply saying how I hear it. If you don't hear or see it, fair enough, loads on this thread do and so does alan Stubbs.

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    After we scored we strolled through the game like we were 3 or 4 up. Our defending at cross balls is freaking shocking. How many goals have we conceded to cross balls. Our keeper is rooted to his line most of the time when he should command his area.
    The goal we lost was shocking yesterday and I think the booing was more out of frustration than anything else as we should have killed that game long before that.

At least the booing at the end is something that the masses leaving early can't be blamed for. Although, the equaliser was probably their fault, tbf.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mac View Post
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

aye, sing when they're winning it's dead easy that, they didn't seem to get behind their team when we were in front at the wonga dome recently and even when they did draw level it was a total of two songs...pffftt

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I thought the ht booing was cos the ref had failed to give us a clear pen?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.
    But! But! But! I thought Stubbs said we were now the fittest team in the league. Hibs were totally in control for 80 minutes and then they started blowing air out of their bahookies.

Need to convert dominance into more goals.