hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    People were just frustrated at failing to win yet another home game.

It's the first division we're in remember and folk were pissed off that fat **** had just scored against us.

The fans are not the problem here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It's the first division we're in remember and folk were pissed off that fat **** had just scored against us.

There were folk complaining before they scored. They just like the sound of their own voice.

I disagree! Is there another group of fans who are so down on their team? Who are they via I haven't noticed them

Given we'd just conceded a last minute equaliser, it's not surprising in the least that some were annoyed and booed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!
    We did play well for much of the game & I didn't boo, however this wasn't just about today- our record at home this season is very poor with several of the drawn games following a similar pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    So does that justify the booing?
    Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.
    Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Given we'd just conceded a last minute equaliser, it's not surprising in the least that some were annoyed and booed.
    It was all game

@hibs.net private member

Yes they are and to be honest the boo boys are not just pi££ing off supporters I believe AS might just be wondering what he has to do to get some appreciation and respect. But the boo boys will always find some way to justify their idiot behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I disagree! Is there another group of fans who are so down on their team? Who are they via I haven't noticed them
    We're in the first division, just dropped points for something like the 6th or 7th game at home so yes I think the fans have a right to be pissed off at our home results this season.

To answer your question though, yes, I think all teams have supporters who get down on their team when they get poor results against ***** teams.

If you want examples I'd point you towards ibrox, tynecastle last week and pittodrie before McInnis got hold of Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    We did play well for much of the game & I didn't boo, however this wasn't just about today- our record at home this season is very poor with several of the drawn games following a similar pattern.
    I know we have drawn to many games this season but we have also battered teams. Still think Stubbs has done fantastic considering the utter shambles we were left in. This isn't a quick fix and sadly old habits die hard. I'm hopeful we will put chances away and stop conceding stupid goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are and to be honest the boo boys are not just pi££ing off supporters I believe AS might just be wondering what he has to do to get some appreciation and respect. But the boo boys will always find some way to justify their idiot behaviour.
    Are you seriously saying that a few people grumbling/booing whatever is the biggest problem we face, not the repeated inability to win games we have totally dominated? Or is it that such folk are in some way responsible?

Win more games. There's his answer right there.

As long as we're dropping points to the likes of raith, falkirk etc then people will get pissed off.

So does that justify the booing?
    Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.
    Justify it maybe not. But in our current position certainly makes it understandable.

I didn't boo myself, had a bit of a moan at the goal, but I genuinely think it's more frustration than anything.

Football fans boo, it's what they do. Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.

In times when our crowds aren't particularly great I don't think we can afford to have anyone who wants to boo stay away!

We're in the first division, just dropped points for something like the 6th or 7th game at home so yes I think the fans have a right to be pissed off at our home results this season.

To answer your question though, yes, I think all teams have supporters who get down on their team when they get poor results against ***** teams.

If you want examples I'd point you towards ibrox, tynecastle last week and pittodrie before McInnis got hold of Aberdeen.
    But it's not only results tho is it. Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted with howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity! And that's when we are battering teams! We hit the bar, the post, had shots saved! What do we want, to go back to last season or before when we created nowt and gave in easily!?

@hibs.net private member
    Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.
    We will just have to agree to differ then. But how many people recognise the negative effect that Butcher and Malpas had with their constant criticism? Well it has to be similarly negative for players, and our head coach, to hear it week in week out from a large proportion of our support.
    Sickening really. But if you're comfortable with it then you're entitled to your opinion.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    It was all game
    People were booing all game?

I don't believe you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Most people on here must sit in the most unluckiest of places, I didn't hear a single moan until they scored

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    People were booing all game?

I don't believe you.
    Not booing, but moaning all game! Do you believe that?

@hibs.net private member
    Are you seriously saying that a few people grumbling/booing whatever is the biggest problem we face, not the repeated inability to win games we have totally dominated? Or is it that such folk are in some way responsible?
    You need to make up your own mind on that. Personally yes I do believe the ignorance of fans who are supposed to be supporters is a significant factor.

It's ****ing disgusting, booing your own players, anyone who boos YOUR OWN ****ING PLAYERS belong at Tyencastle, undercover Yaks IMHO. I'm fed up with it aswell, erseholes. We're all peeved we've drawn another game at home but FFS why boo your own players, it's something I've never understood? What exactly is a person hoping to achieve by doing this? What do they think will happen? Have these folk ever, EVER once in their life seen a human being respond to abuse rather than encouragement? Nah, thick as mince.

Aaaaaannnnnd......rant over.

But it's not only results tho is it. Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted with howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity! And that's when we are battering teams! We hit the bar, the post, had shots saved! What do we want, to go back to last season or before when we created nowt and gave in easily!?
    People get frustrated and anxious because they know when we don't put away teams we are likely to lose a goal and drop points like we did today.

I'm sorry but there's a pressure to perform at hibs, especially when we are in the first division. If the players can't handle a bit pressure from a more than half empty stadium then they need to either man up or move to a club with lower expectations abd a fan base that doesn't really care.

Not booing, but moaning all game! Do you believe that?
    That is what you said though.

I believe people would have been moaning at various points in the game but not all game surely.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.
    He was on some radio show earlier on in the week and they were ribbing him saying they were going to ask the Chelsea fans to boo as loudly as they could when he came on, pretty sure the booing was a compelte pish take, the entire stadium stayed to give him a round of applause, Chelsea and City fans.

What's all the mumping about? We're winning our fair share, albeit it at a training game pace.

What's the break even attendance figure for us paying championship player wages? 9000 ish?

We'll be fine.

Yes, it must. Stubbs is clearly annoyed too

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Justify it maybe not. But in our current position certainly makes it understandable.

I didn't boo myself, had a bit of a moan at the goal, but I genuinely think it's more frustration than anything.

Football fans boo, it's what they do. Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.

In times when our crowds aren't particularly great I don't think we can afford to have anyone who wants to boo stay away!
    I do. I think the absence of the boo boys would make going to games a much better experience for supporters and for the players. The knock on effect would be better crowds, better support and better performances. But that is just my opinion. Maybe a bad atmosphere is the perfect environment for some people.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we all know that as fans we care more about the result than the performance

That is what you said though.

I believe people would have been moaning at various points in the game but not all game surely.
    Wow, even I'm getting moaned at! And yes they were moaning all game! Even at Scott allan for retaining possession before making a pass, it's really beyond a joke.

Wow, even I'm getting moaned at! And yes they were moaning all game! Even at Scott allan for retaining possession before making a pass, it's really beyond a joke.
    I'm not moaning at you, I said I didn't believe that people booed all game. You actually conceded that in your next post.

Where I sit there are a fair few moaners within earshot but they weren't bad to be fair today.

I'm not moaning at you, I said I didn't believe that people booed all game. You actually conceded that in your next post.

Where I sit there are a fair few moaners within earshot but they weren't bad to be fair today.
    Ok, my mistake