hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF. Southampton fans booing at the end of there game, fannies.
    Nothing worse than a frustrated fanny

2. Log in to remove the advert

WTF. Southampton fans booing at the end of there game, fannies.
    We really are copying the Southampton model.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    To be clear. I am responding to a thread which asks why Stubbs has a right to criticise the supporters. I haven't been going to many games, and I pitch up at ER, ready to take an objective look at the game. I see Hibs doing pretty much everything right on the pitch, and yet the majority of what I hear around me is negative.
    Hibs I'm afraid pretty much did not do everything right on the pitch yesterday. They squandered glaring chance after chance to win that match at a canter.

They then proceded to throw away two (more) priceless points in the most amateurish and naive manner right at the end of the game. Failure to score open goals, and chucking it away at the end with p*** poor defending is not doing pretty much everything right. I'm afraid it's ridiculous to expect any football fans in the world to be "positive" about that. Cloud cuckoo land in fact.

Bear in mind this was only a few weeks after the players head coach publicly criticised them for failing to deal properly with set plays. That wasn't the fans saying that. It was Alan Stubbs. Yet, if the fans say anything, they are being "negative". A word you use repeatedly in your post.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    This is probably too simplistic but, what with AS saying dropping 2 points doesn't really matter (or something along these lines), maybe he is focusing on the improvement in performance/play and not solely on the win That's maybe why he can't fathom why some fans felt they should boo the team but, yes, the upturn in form is there for all to see but at this stage in the league, 3 points is all that really matters, IMHO.
    3 points are definitely most important but you're more likely to win three points if you play well regularly, which is exactly what we are doing,

When we were drawing with teams at ER earlier in the season (the previous 1-1 draw with Raith is a perfect example) we were struggling to break teams down and had long, uninspiring periods of sterile possession and sideways passes, only creating a few clear cut chances.

Yesterday we destroyed Raith from start to finish, and whilst the end result was unfortunately the same, the performances were like night and day. I actually thought we were better going forward and created more gilt edged chances yesterday than we did in the 5-0 v Cowdenbeath - I had a feeling for a long time yesterday that there would be a sting in the tail for us, not because I think we are weak in any way, just simply because sometimes these things happen in football.

We keep playing at that tempo and standard we will win more games at ER. Yes our finishing could have been better, but we still have arguably our best two strikers unavailable at the moment. Farid would have had a field day with the quality of deliveries that went into the box at times yesterday.

Yesterday was a major disappointment, but by no means a disaster - it was frustrating for everyone, and if the fans are entitled to display their frustration then so is Stubbs.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 01-02-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Was Malpas on the Raith bench or in the Directors Box yesterday? I was in the East Stand. Didn't see him but just wondering if he was around.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    What's your point, only people that go every week are allowed to be pissed off by it? Like I said earlier, plenty on the pitch to change this stay away fans habits, less on the pitch [edit: in the stands]. Just saying.

Commenting on matchday atmosphere probably does require going to matches.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    3 points are definitely most important but you're more likely to win three points if you play well regularly, which is exactly what we are doing,

When we were drawing with teams at ER earlier in the season (the previous 1-1 draw with Raith is a perfect example) we were struggling to break teams down and had long, uninspiring periods of sterile possession and sideways passes, only creating a few clear cut chances.

Yesterday we destroyed Raith from start to finish, and whilst the end result was unfortunately the same, the performances were like night and day. I actually thought we were better going forward and created more gilt edged chances yesterday than we did in the 5-0 v Cowdenbeath - I had a feeling for a long time yesterday that there would be a sting in the tail for us, not because I think we are weak in any way, just simply because sometimes these things happen in football.

We keep playing at that tempo and standard we will win more games at ER. Yes our finishing could have been better, but we still have arguably our best two strikers unavailable at the moment. Farid would have had a field day with the quality of deliveries that went into the box at times yesterday.

Yesterday was a major disappointment, but by no means a disaster - it was frustrating for everyone, and if the fans are entitled to display their frustration then so is Stubbs.
    Agree we played better than we did v both Falkirk and Cowdenbeath. A lot of our play was very good however we gave away a very soft equaliser. These things happen move onto the next game.

Coaching Staff
    Stubbs' stock is high and he has an abundance of goodwill amongst the support - however a manager should never get involved with fans that register that kind of attitude - instead as SH he should be telling the support how proud he is of the ones who attend and stand by the side.

His interview was right on the back of the luckiest of equalisers going and he has also let his frustration bubble to the surface - I'm sure it's directed at the defending and not the boo-boys but he should really stick to doing what he has been doing really well and galvanising the support.

Those that booed were purely frustrated - the football was good yesterday and chances created were plentiful. What he has to coach into the players is more composure and better decision making in that last third at crucial times in games. Hard to do from the sidelines but at times yesterday shots were on and not taken, shots were taken when the pass was what was desireable......slim slim margins in any league.

For me, the problem does stem back to the last few years. We as fans have become so used to being sucker punched that we begin to expect it, and are happily surprised when it doesnt happen, as opposed to the normal being disappointed when it does happen. That means that if we are not winning by 3 goals, the fans start to worry about what might happen. Unfortunately for Stubbs, the sucker punch has come in far too many games at home this season. The fans sense it coming and panic, try to push the players forward and get frustrated if the 1st, 2nd or 3rd goal doesnt arrive.

Im never one for booing, but I am convinced the booing yesterday was as a result of that same sucker punch that has hit us so many times before not being dealt with.

We all know and can see how far we have come performance wise from last season, but the sucker punches make it feel like more defeats than it actually is. Its a different story if we had scored the last minute equaliser, but the manner of dropping points is all too familiar and until that changes on a consistant basis, there will always be frustration and there will continue to be booing.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    For me, the problem does stem back to the last few years. We as fans have become so used to being sucker punched that we begin to expect it, and are happily surprised when it doesnt happen, as opposed to the normal being disappointed when it does happen. That means that if we are not winning by 3 goals, the fans start to worry about what might happen. Unfortunately for Stubbs, the sucker punch has come in far too many games at home this season. The fans sense it coming and panic, try to push the players forward and get frustrated if the 1st, 2nd or 3rd goal doesnt arrive.

Im never one for booing, but I am convinced the booing yesterday was as a result of that same sucker punch that has hit us so many times before not being dealt with.

We all know and can see how far we have come performance wise from last season, but the sucker punches make it feel like more defeats than it actually is. Its a different story if we had scored the last minute equaliser, but the manner of dropping points is all too familiar and until that changes on a consistant basis, there will always be frustration and there will continue to be booing.
    Very sensible post mate agree 100%....im disappointed in Stubbsy's comments as he surely realised the boos are more down to frustration than anything else...

Maybe this interview given an hour later would have been a bit different? You can see the guy is completely p'd off and frustrated, like most of us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Maybe this interview given an hour later would have been a bit different? You can see the guy is completely p'd off and frustrated, like most of us.
    Agreed. I think what we see is that he cared passionately.

All This Because Nade scored in the dying... it was written in the script.. Lets gie them something else to gloat over if we lose the playoffs by two points....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Was Malpas on the Raith bench or in the Directors Box yesterday? I was in the East Stand. Didn't see him but just wondering if he was around.
    MM in directors box. To be fair he did get a few genuine welcome hugs and handshakes from Hibs staff. Not sure who but they were wearing Hibs anoraks?? He
    Must have seen more chances created in game than in his and TBs full tenure.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    We will finish 2nd. We are better than them. I also think now we are better than hearts now but over the length of a season we haven't been. Let's get over yesterday, sh&t happens. We actually played very well but it didn't run for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    I really can't make my mind up about Allan. There were a couple of points yesterday where he done some things that were as good as anything I have seen in a hibs jersey - he has this thing about showing the ball to an opposition defender as if he is about to lose it then just breezing past them. But at other times I do think he is a bit of a big time charlie - but is this what makes him so good. Overall I'm delighted we have him - but is he delighted to be at hibs?

100% spot on, so many sucker punches has made us this way. Nobody does a losing end of a draw like Hibs.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Been like that for a long time now, is it the same fans who think they are top managers, i sat there for a season and some of the things said from a few (same ones every other week) were ridiculous, why do folk sitting in the stand think they no better than the manager.
    The abuse they level at players and managers needs to be sorted. In any other sport they would have been emptied years ago. They spent the match blowing up HOH balloons and tossing them at the dug out. Balloons and tossers seems very appropriate.

Just my 3rd game this season and thought Hibs were excellent. At no time in 89 mins did Raith look like scoring but the regulars sitting next to me were sweating from about the 10th minute when Hibs started missing chances. Even when 1 up, dominating and creating chance after chance they predicted a Raith equaliser. I didn't see it coming at all and was amazed at how Hibs could allow Nade to get a free header a few yards from our goal line. It was like Hibs players cleared the way for it to happen, it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!
    We didn't batter them we drew 1 1. Wee battered Cowdenbeath. Raith hammered us when it mattered, right at the death and got a draw out of it. Playing well for eighty to eighty five minutes is all undone when you start to throw it away with five or ten minutes to go. At least two of the substitutions were poor. Whether he needed to make substitutions or not, they should have had a more positive effect. We lost a 3 1 lead to Falkirk at home as well so it's not as though capitulation is rare.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    We didn't batter them we drew 1 1. Wee battered Cowdenbeath. Raith hammered us when it mattered, right at the death and got a draw out of it. Playing well for eighty to eighty five minutes is all undone when you start to throw it away with five or ten minutes to go. At least two of the substitutions were poor. Whether he needed to make substitutions or not, they should have had a more positive effect. We lost a 3 1 lead to Falkirk at home as well so it's not as though capitulation is rare.
    We haven't capitulated to anyone this season.

I'm thinking about taking headphones to the next home game so I don't hear what is going on around me, that's probably more frustrating than anything else. A lot of people are frustrated by the fact that we are going to be down for maybe another season while those cheating turds are strolling it

First Team Breakthrough
    The majority need a voice. We have people portraying our fans as negative, divided and unsupportive everywhere just now. What about the rest of us who turn up every week, buy season tickets, merchandise and are currently considering contributing 2.5 million quid to the club?

- evening news headlines today saying hibs fans jeering
    - STV news at 6pm about hibs being booed off
    - evening news also headlines about some boy from HoH in gorilla outfit complaining about STF

We need somebody to have a word with these people and stop going on about the noisy minority and give the fans some credit. One thing is for sure - Mike Riley ain't going to do it. Over to you Amit and Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by macd123 View Post
    The majority need a voice. We have people portraying our fans as negative, divided and unsupportive everywhere just now. What about the rest of us who turn up every week, buy season tickets, merchandise and are currently considering contributing 2.5 million quid to the club?

- evening news headlines today saying hibs fans jeering
    - STV news at 6pm about hibs being booed off
    - evening news also headlines about some boy from HoH in gorilla outfit complaining about STF

We need somebody to have a word with these people and stop going on about the noisy minority and give the fans some credit. One thing is for sure - Mike Riley ain't going to do it. Over to you Amit and Frank.
    Just when things are beginning to look good for Hibs, both on and off the pitch, out they come to put a negative spin on everything. Why is there this seeming anti-Hibs agenda?

The thing that also particularly annoys me is some Hibs fans who post guff criticising their fellow supporters, the huge majority of whom who still attend matches are loyal and supportive.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Nearly fifty years since I first went to ER and I have to say I cannot remember a time when our fans were so unsupportive and divisive. Booing and vitriolic abuse of our own team is a relatively new thing. Booing the opposition and referees for that matter has always been there.
    Stop it. You going 50 years? Take it you had selective deafness when Bertie Aulds teams were regularly booed cos he was more interested in not conceding, meaning loads of boring draws in the TOP division in Scotland? Or Mogadon Millers teams after yet again getting turned over by the poppy thieves after he had been on about "its just another 2 points"? You telling me Tortalano, Sneddon, Benny Brazil, Hamilton, latterly Wiss, Kerr, O'brien etc never got it tight? You come fi Pluto or something if you've been at ER for 50 years. Painted on ears for Plutonians or something?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Just when things are beginning to look good for Hibs, both on and off the pitch, out they come to put a negative spin on everything. Why is there this seeming anti-Hibs agenda?

The thing that also particularly annoys me is some Hibs fans who post guff criticising their fellow supporters, the huge majority of whom who still attend matches are loyal and supportive.
    You re right emerald. There are a few angry folk within my earshot but plenty good hibbies too who outnumber them 10 to 1.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Stop it. You going 50 years? Take it you had selective deafness when Bertie Aulds teams were regularly booed cos he was more interested in not conceding, meaning loads of boring draws in the TOP division in Scotland? Or Mogadon Millers teams after yet again getting turned over by the poppy thieves after he had been on about "its just another 2 points"? You telling me Tortalano, Sneddon, Benny Brazil, Hamilton, latterly Wiss, Kerr, O'brien etc never got it tight? You come fi Pluto or something if you've been at ER for 50 years. Painted on ears for Plutonians or something?
    Hmmm? Interesting abusive response. Well you boo if you want to but don't pretend it helps the team. Yes I was there for Auld, Miller, Williamson and many more, starting with Bob Shankley and I cannot deny that the crowds got quieter as boredom set in late in the Turnbull era but abusing the players of your own team is, as I said before, a RELATIVELY new thing. It is a symptom of the "Sing when we're winning" shower and certainly does not constitute SUPPORT for the team. All my opinion of course and I fully accept that you are entitled to yours