hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Alan Stubbs post match thoughts Hibs Vs. Raith

He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    He is right though, totally ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is right though, totally ridiculous!
    Totally agree mate.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.

Left by mutual consent!
    He sounds totally hacked off with it and I don't blame him.

we need to remember we are all in this together. Why boo when we have totally dominated a game. As fans what makes us better than the players, we all lost the 3 points today. FFS how about a bit of togetherness, dare I say it but maybe that's how the yams are doing so well.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.
    A blame reality TV.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Good interview and you can see his frustration with the pathetic reaction of some fans at the end. A lot of our play was good today.

He also struggled to describe the booers, if you know what i mean? He didn't say 'fans', he kind of squirmed a bit as he was talking.

I respect him for that, it must be hard to stay focused and polite under that sort of thing.

He seemed genuinely surprised at the reaction, he better get used to it!

I disagree with the decision of some fans to 'boo' the team after today, but I don't think it's ever a good idea for a manager/player to criticise the fans of their club (merited or otherwise).

He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.
    Good point. Sadly from the volume of the boos, it seemed like quite a few did:(

Also, the whole thing with someone shouting at Stubbs about the subs...

It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.
    But! But! But! I thought Stubbs said we were now the fittest team in the league. Hibs were totally in control for 80 minutes and then they started blowing air out of their bahookies.

Need to convert dominance into more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ
    Tempo Alan.

He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.

Billy Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mac View Post
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually F..k off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

I understand folk were booing at the end of the Yams game last week. That'll be the day that I'll ever accept the manky mob being held up as an example to us.

IMO Stubbs reaction in a way mirrors the booing at the end. The fans booed out of frustration and AS had a go at us for the same reason, he rightly couldn't have a go at the players because for 85 minutes of that match they were excellent. How the hell we didn't win it is an utter mystery. I know you make your own luck, but this season for Hibs its like one of these boxing matches where the judges are all homers and you need a knockout just to get a draw.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mac View Post
    Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

aye, sing when they're winning it's dead easy that, they didn't seem to get behind their team when we were in front at the wonga dome recently and even when they did draw level it was a total of two songs...pffftt

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I don't like the fact the he ends by saying it was only two points dropped. At this stage we need every point we get! Two points could lead to us having to play two more play off matches. It does matter. Booing at the end was a bit much but we should have been out of site and to only walk away with a point. We gifted them that goal also. Oxley needs to do better.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think emotions were high after they scored and a lot of people were frustrated about conceding the goals as well as not taking the chances we had during the game to kill the game off, so I think it's understandable how some people may boo but the best way for the team to react now is by going out and winning the next game, I think the fans have been very appreciative and supportive the last few weeks and I think we should just move on from it instead of moaning about it

If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.
    6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.
    Certainly is. Home draws are bloody frustrating. Particularly when we should have been out of sight in nearly every one of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Is that you Terry?

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    Is that you Terry?
    Are the stats correct tho?

Are we 17 points behind Hearts and still not above Rangers who are apparently horrendous after playing 3 extra games?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

So does that justify the booing?
    Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    So does that justify the booing?
    Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.
    Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.
    We will just have to agree to differ then. But how many people recognise the negative effect that Butcher and Malpas had with their constant criticism? Well it has to be similarly negative for players, and our head coach, to hear it week in week out from a large proportion of our support.
    Sickening really. But if you're comfortable with it then you're entitled to your opinion.

It's ****ing disgusting, booing your own players, anyone who boos YOUR OWN ****ING PLAYERS belong at Tyencastle, undercover Yaks IMHO. I'm fed up with it aswell, erseholes. We're all peeved we've drawn another game at home but FFS why boo your own players, it's something I've never understood? What exactly is a person hoping to achieve by doing this? What do they think will happen? Have these folk ever, EVER once in their life seen a human being respond to abuse rather than encouragement? Nah, thick as mince.

Aaaaaannnnnd......rant over.