hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Alan Stubbs post match thoughts Hibs Vs. Raith

He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    He is right though, totally ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is right though, totally ridiculous!
    Totally agree mate.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.

He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.
    Good point. Sadly from the volume of the boos, it seemed like quite a few did:(

Also, the whole thing with someone shouting at Stubbs about the subs...

It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Good interview and you can see his frustration with the pathetic reaction of some fans at the end. A lot of our play was good today.

Left by mutual consent!
    He sounds totally hacked off with it and I don't blame him.

we need to remember we are all in this together. Why boo when we have totally dominated a game. As fans what makes us better than the players, we all lost the 3 points today. FFS how about a bit of togetherness, dare I say it but maybe that's how the yams are doing so well.

He also struggled to describe the booers, if you know what i mean? He didn't say 'fans', he kind of squirmed a bit as he was talking.

I respect him for that, it must be hard to stay focused and polite under that sort of thing.

He seemed genuinely surprised at the reaction, he better get used to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinribs View Post
    He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ
    Tempo Alan.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I don't like the fact the he ends by saying it was only two points dropped. At this stage we need every point we get! Two points could lead to us having to play two more play off matches. It does matter. Booing at the end was a bit much but we should have been out of site and to only walk away with a point. We gifted them that goal also. Oxley needs to do better.

He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think emotions were high after they scored and a lot of people were frustrated about conceding the goals as well as not taking the chances we had during the game to kill the game off, so I think it's understandable how some people may boo but the best way for the team to react now is by going out and winning the next game, I think the fans have been very appreciative and supportive the last few weeks and I think we should just move on from it instead of moaning about it

If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.
    A blame reality TV.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He's spot on. We were the width of a post and a bar away from everyone on here salivating tonight.

He's wrong when he says that nothing was lost today though. I lost £40 as they were the only ****ing team to ruin my coupon

I disagree with the decision of some fans to 'boo' the team after today, but I don't think it's ever a good idea for a manager/player to criticise the fans of their club (merited or otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.
    6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.

Wow!! That man sounds totally sick and I don't blame him. The booing and sighing and abuse is out of order! Hope that those who indulge in it will be proud of themselves when they they drive our best manager for years and our best players away from the club. It was frankly embarrassing today the level of moaning. I really wish they would stay away as they do NOTHING to help the team. I prefer away games to the negativity of Easter Road.

We only lost 2 points today that won't affect us at the end of the season ? What you on about Alan ?
    Last edited by Scottie; 31-01-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    We only lost 2 points today that won't count at the end of the season ? What you on about Alan ?
    That's what I was thinking, due to results like today we have dropped 12 points already, could be only a few points off top if we had those

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.
    Certainly is. Home draws are bloody frustrating. Particularly when we should have been out of sight in nearly every one of those games.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm surprised he's surprised. There's loads of folk around that think they know loads but actually know **** all. Just cos they shout loud doesn't mean it's true.

He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'm surprised he's surprised. There's loads of folk around that think they know loads but actually know **** all. Just cos they shout loud doesn't mean it's true.
    :
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I disagree with the decision of some fans to 'boo' the team after today, but I don't think it's ever a good idea for a manager/player to criticise the fans of their club (merited or otherwise).
    Why?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

So does that justify the booing?
    Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!
    Spot on. F5 lower is a joke this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Agreed, but the point about the 26/27 chances we had was what surprised him about the booing. He said we must do better, all of us know that, but even in the other home draws this season we had nowhere near that number. For that many chances, he rightly (imho) thinks it was a bad day at the office. On another day we would have had 4, but as you said, some folk 'know' better.