hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The defending and organisation for that corner is ****ing shocking. Missed chances cost us the win to be fair but that is garbage.
    Doesn't mean anything when you defend a corner that shambolic fashion I'm afraid. As I said that didn't cost us the points the poor finishing did.
    After everything Stubbs said about the defending of set plays, which cost two points against Falkirk just recently, that was simply criminal defending as a team at that corner yesterday.

Naive and unprofessional right from the way the corner was conceded cheaply in the first place. Oxley stood like a statue, nobody on the back post, and the one person who should have been marked very closely indeed (Nade) was all on his own in the box.

Hibs fans can mock Nade as much as they like, but that's twice he's done us at ER this season. I'm still absolutely raging at what happened yesterday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surely Fontaine should have been marking him.

Annoys the hell out of me when I don't see a player on both posts.

Although, if it initially looked like they were taking a short corner then front post gets dragged out to the corner and back post moves over to front post leaving the back post exposed.

They had one dangerman in the box, we should have had 3 men all over him.

Our defending has been a bit shambolic, we've not learned from the Falkirk game!!

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    After everything Stubbs said about the defending of set plays, which cost two points against Falkirk just recently, that was simply criminal defending as a team at that corner yesterday.

Naive and unprofessional right from the way the corner was conceded cheaply in the first place. Oxley stood like a statue, nobody on the back post, and the one person who should have been marked very closely indeed (Nade) was all on his own in the box.

Hibs fans can mock Nade as much as they like, but that's twice he's done us at ER this season. I'm still absolutely raging at what happened yesterday.

The corner looked a shambles, having Craig mark Nade was also a disgrace and Oxley if he was really decent would not be plying his trade in this league with Hibs, he's now 24 and should be pushing for a better standard and maybe that's why he's being loaned out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    looking at that video can't see how Oxley can be blamed by anyone.

Balls not very high so difficult for him to come and claim and there's at least 5 bodies between him and the ball.
    Anything in his 6 yard box he has to make his own, that is the bread and butter of goalkeeping. Not good enough, his fault IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Just the one that I can remember when he misjudged the bounce and let Nade run past him. And the goal.
    That was the one in the east stand touch line which I will say , fair dos but as for the goal I have seen the video, and numerous tabloid photos and it's Craig whose marking Nade (as he did for most if the game at their set pieces) and Craig has his back turned as Nade headers it.

Inexcusable IMHO. Must at least make an effort to attack the ball or at least challenge IMHO.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That was the one in the east stand touch line which I will say , fair dos but as for the goal I have seen the video, and numerous tabloid photos and it's Craig whose marking Nade (as he did for most if the game at their set pieces) and Craig has his back turned as Nade headers it.

Inexcusable IMHO. Must at least make an effort to attack the ball or at least challenge IMHO.
    I reckon the 2 of them are marking him, Hanlon in front and Craig at the back. Both of them failed miserably.

@hibs.net private member

The problem is he's got a mistake in him - he got away with the first one and for the goal he's fortunate he had Craig near him cos some folk will happily blame him.

The problem is he's got a mistake in him - he got away with the first one and for the goal he's fortunate he had Craig near him cos some folk will happily blame him.
    I know what your saying but and I say BUT not one of our players attacked the ball simple as that.

@hibs.net private member
    I know what your saying but and I say BUT not one of our players attacked the ball simple as that.
    I agree and I think the keeper could have come out punching as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    I reckon the 2 of them are marking him, Hanlon in front and Craig at the back. Both of them failed miserably.
    If this is the case then both did fail miserably and both ended up side by side.

I agree and I think the keeper could have come out punching as well.
    Indeed. Win as a team lose as a team but (yes this again) in these situations it's about doing your job and/or taking responsibility and it's fair to say more than one person failed to do either.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post

Man at back post??
    Exactly what I said at the time. Throw that in with no one marling theor most dangerous player in the air. Defenders to blame not Oxley.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Judging by the stats posted, that goal should have been a mere consolation goal for raith. Our strikers really need to start taking the chances given to them. We can't keep doing this at home as it's costing us points every second week.

A few days of shooting practice and defending set pieces this week in training I think. Of course stubbs will realise this and that it needs worked on so I trust him to sort it out for our next game on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    The defending and organisation for that corner is ****ing shocking. Missed chances cost us the win to be fair but that is garbage.
    Exactly......we're defending a one goal lead in the last minute and we don't have men on the posts....brutal.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member
    Oxley should have came for that ball ,it was floated in. He's been at fault for goals lost against Falkirk and now Raith. He not good enough for Hibs never mind the EPL

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Oxley should have came for that ball ,it was floated in. He's been at fault for goals lost against Falkirk and now Raith. He not good enough for Hibs never mind the EPL
    You're having a laugh. The goalie had no business coming for that ball.

And pre tell what has Hanlon done in the last dozen or more games to warrant this or are you on a wee fishing trip??? I bloody despair at times at the grief Hanlon gets on hear from folk.

I never saw once yesterday where Hanlon or Fontaine mistimed a header or tackle so I conclude you are on a wee expedition!!

Poor show from you I think!!

not fishing in the slightest, I'm just highlight something that in my opinion happens to often. look at the highlights form the Cowdenbeath game
    7:15 in th the clip.

Its almost a carbon copy of the Raith goal from yesterday. Hanlon mistimes his jump in front off the attacker the ball goes over his head and they put it just wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931CqvRSt4k

That was a critical point in the game, lucky they missed...

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    not fishing in the slightest, I'm just highlight something that in my opinion happens to often. look at the highlights form the Cowdenbeath game 7:15 in th the clip. Its almost a carbon copy of the Raith goal from yesterday. Hanlon mistimes his jump in front off the attacker the ball goes over his head and they put it just wide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931CqvRSt4k That was a critical point in the game, lucky they missed...
    It's a team game and yip he's made mistakes but to pinpoint the goal as his fault is wrong IMHO.

Boyle/Cummings and others missed chances yet are devoid of criticism?? No one attacked the ball yesterday plain and simple so to single out one player is wrong.

sure i agree but its just annoying how it seems to happen quite a lot.

I can imagine its frustrating for Stubbs et all hearing folk moan (re his post match interview). We have turned a corner performance wise and i think he is doing a great job.

its just as hibs fans we have had to put up with so much the last few years its taking a lot to win folk over again.