hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liam Craig

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Particularity in the second half. Allen forgot that it isn't all about him and that Hibs are more important. Too many times he slowed the game down so he could show us he is a better player than the rest on the park.
    Noticed that.

However Craig does that on a consistent basis, but is rarely the best player on the park.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I have seen about 50% of the games that Craig has played for hibs! and I reckon I have seen him have 10 decent games, at most.
    the guy just does,not fit into Hibs. He is a poor player and even poorer captain
    he is good at moaning at the ref though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    He was the main reason we didn't win today and why we were relegated.

Nobody that knows anything about football can defend that performance today.
    Exactly. He is ***** and even at this level (where he should be head and shoulders above most) he still looks *****.

He has the odd good game then goes back to being ***** yet he is deemed a scapegoat.

Should never have been made captain either.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Particularity in the second half. Allen forgot that it isn't all about him and that Hibs are more important. Too many times he slowed the game down so he could show us he is a better player than the rest on the park.
    Slowed the game down and retained possession, we were winning and there was little movement in front of him. If you genuinely mean what you typed you deserve to be watching a midfield of Turnbull (S), Jas K Brown, D Lambie and ........... I'll leave it to other posters to add in a class 4th.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    He is awful. Slow, gives away the ball far to easy, all he is good for is having a moan at the ref. The only part he played today was one good shot in the 2nd half and giving away the ball leading up to Raiths goal. He is not good enough. Simple as that

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post
    Slowed the game down and retained possession, we were winning and there was little movement in front of him. If you genuinely mean what you typed you deserve to be watching a midfield of Turnbull (S), Jas K Brown, D Lambie and ........... I'll leave it to other posters to add in a class 4th.
    That's put me off my wine!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    But you don't trust Stubbs being able to pick a captain?
    He chose Craig when he first came and Craig is probably a good leader around the dressing room etc but I don't see him do much on the pitch, Gray seems more like a true leader, I don't personally know him (Craig) but I have no doubt that Craig won't be captain next season, it would have been harsh to change captaincy after choosing someone. He has dropped Craig on occasions so he has obviously shown he's not afraid to drop him if he's not performing well enough

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He chose Craig when he first came and Craig is probably a good leader, I don't personally know him but I have no doubt that Craig won't be captain next season, it would have been harsh to change captaincy after choosing someone. He has dropped Craig on occasions so he has obviously shown he's not afraid to drop him if he's not performing well enough

Gray will be captain next season

Deary me. First bad result in a while and it's all Liam Craig's fault. Why's he the main reason we didn't win today? If his performances that central to us getting a result then maybe the rest of the team should have a look at themselves.

Hibs fans, like most other teams, like a scapegoat. Brian Hamilton, Colin Murdoch, Stuart Lovell, Alan Orman... We've had a few over the years. None have been great players granted, but nor have they deserved the **** they get from some of our own fans. It doesn't help the atmosphere or the other players. WTF don't the moaners direct their anger at the other team or referee. Or go to the gym before the game and burn of some negative energy.

IMO, LC is an decent Championship player, nothing special, but I'm willing to trust AS's judgement that he should be in the team. I personally have a bigger problem with the moaners than I do with LC.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    The reason it was Liam Craig's fault was the following:

He gave the ball away 9 times in the first half
    He missed two headers from 4 yards out in the first half
    85% of his successful passing was backwards or to the side
    He gave the ball away which led to the goal
    He was picking up Nade at the corner
    He then got himself booked when we needed to get the ball back at 1-1

Not to mention his constant moaning towards the ref to try and hide the fact he is having a howler!!

He should do the honourable thing and give up the armband and hand it over to Fontaine or Gray who led by example week in week out.

All and all a truly awful day for captain courageous
    Last edited by Stuarty27; 31-01-2015 at 09:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eyed Hibs View Post
    Deary me. First bad result in a while and it's all Liam Craig's fault. Why's he the main reason we didn't win today? If his performances that central to us getting a result then maybe the rest of the team should have a look at themselves.

Hibs fans, like most other teams, like a scapegoat. Brian Hamilton, Colin Murdoch, Stuart Lovell, Alan Orman... We've had a few over the years. None have been great players granted, but nor have they deserved the **** they get from some of our own fans. It doesn't help the atmosphere or the other players. WTF don't the moaners direct their anger at the other team or referee. Or go to the gym before the game and burn of some negative energy.

IMO, LC is an decent Championship player, nothing special, but I'm willing to trust AS's judgement that he should be in the team. I personally have a bigger problem with the moaners than I do with LC.
    Are we forgetting about Falkirk & Hearts. That was this month.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Gray will be captain next season

If hes still still here.

My posts are becoming embarrassing.

To be fair not as embarrassing as our captains performance today.

Well, at least you got one thing right.

Not to mention his constant moaning towards the ref to try and hide the fact he is having a howler!!

He should do the honourable thing and give up the armband and hand it over to Fontaine or Gray who led by example week in week out.

You left out global warming.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    No comment.

Left by mutual consent!

In a ****in nutshell. The sooner the clown is out the first team the better.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

I assume you recorded this in a notebook so you know your stats are 100% accurate? Did you do this for the rest of the team as well? Be interested in seeing them. Personally I spent my time supporting the team.

Granted he had a poor game but IMO the main reason we didn't win was due to the chances we squandered.

Craig was solid yesterday, didn't give the ball away anywhere near as much as wonder boy Allan.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    At least three times in the first half today Craig was looking to play a forward ball and you could have thrown a hanky over Cummings and Boyle. So he retains possession with a sideways pass and then moves so he's available again. Some people boo him for this, but never mention the fact that the forwards are not making good runs or even showing for the ball. We really missed Malonga today as he has the intelligence to know where to move to and when, which always gives midfielders a forward option. Craig didn't have his best game today but wasn't helped at times by a lack of movement in front of him. The fact so many team mates are happy to give him the ball says a lot.
    I was thinking this too. Liam worked really hard yesterday and was involved in most of our attacking moves. His supporting play and movement was excellent and I'm not sure his pass completion rate will have been much less than any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Scapegoat or not, Liam Craig has not been a good signing for Hibs. We signed him as a goal scoring/creative midfielder who was reaching the peak of his footballing career and ready to make the step up to one of the countries biggest clubs. What we have actually had is a midfielder who doesn't create chances or score goals and is slow and hesitant on the ball and loses possession far too easily considering the standard of opponent we are up against. He had another really poor game today and the sooner he is away the better.
    Totally agree.

He has been better this year but IMO he's still not good enough for us as a team to move forward, he still has a negativity in his play, seems ponderous at times, too much moaning and finger pointing instead of rolling up the sleeves and get on with it. He may be a good captain off the field but it's on the park where he lacks it, he doesn't motivate or inpire and is just a bang average midfielder now, needs to move on in the summer.

Having seen many tabloid pictures this morning Craig was marking Nade and his back is clearly turn as you can see the name on the back of his top as Nade just forward.

Now turning yur back like that is inexcusable IMHO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Having seen many tabloid pictures this morning Craig was marking Nade and his back is clearly turn as you can see the name on the back of his top as Nade just forward.

Now turning yur back like that is inexcusable IMHO.
    Something to be sorted out then. We should be getting our defenders to do the defending - that must mean Hanlon wasn't marking anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He has been better this year but IMO he's still not good enough for us as a team to move forward, he still has a negativity in his play, seems ponderous at times, too much moaning and finger pointing instead of rolling up the sleeves and get on with it. He may be a good captain off the field but it's on the park where he lacks it, he doesn't motivate or inpire and is just a bang average midfielder now, needs to move on in the summer.
    Spot on !!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Something to be sorted out then. We should be getting our defenders to do the defending - that must mean Hanlon wasn't marking anyone?
    Why does that mean Hanlon wasn't marking anyone?

As for your weekly digs at Scott Allan, he created several chances yesterday, which Boyle and Craig in particular failed to convert. I really don't know what some fans expect of Allan. Some people seem to think he should be sprinting towards goal or shooting anytime he gets near the box. I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Who knows but I'd say that at least one player- wether it be a defender/midfielder or Striker should be attacking the ball.... Plain and simple.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why does that mean Hanlon wasn't marking anyone?

As for your weekly digs at Scott Allan, he created several chances yesterday, which Boyle and Craig in particular failed to convert. I really don't know what some fans expect of Allan. Some people seem to think he should be sprinting towards goal or shooting anytime he gets near the box. I despair.
    Have you seen the replay of the goal? Hanlon's just floating about - if he's not marking Nade he's not marking anyone.

I've not had a dig at Allan this week have I? I thought he started well yesterday then drifted. Slowed things down a bit at times in the 2nd half when there was an opportunity of a break.