hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah.

He was poor last year, in a poor team that was having a poor season.

His form has picked up big time of late although he wasn't great today.

Let's judge him at the end of this season. If he's stuck around post-relegation and captained us to promotion (via the playoffs) chipping in with a few goals along the way in spite of not always enjoying the full support of the fans then he'll have done fine for me.
    I don't agree that his form has picked up big time at all. He was excellent against Rangers and Dumbarton before new year but don't think he's been particularly good otherwise.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Would be interested to see these stats on assists because I don't believe that!
    Go and look them up then.

Someone listed them all.

Left by mutual consent!
    He was crap today, Sam Stanton is better

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He was crap today, Sam Stanton is better
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    He was the main reason we didn't win today and why we were relegated.

Nobody that knows anything about football can defend that performance today.
    Liam Craig was "the main reason why we were relegated". The main reason? Really, are you serious? LOL.

Let me get this straight - we got relegated last season only because of Liam Craig? Here's me thinking it was because we had a bombscare management team coupled with a side that couldn't score goals - and that's all down to Liam Craig - aye right.

Today was not his best performance of the season but he still had more attempts at goal and on target than any other midfielder. He is willing to get ahead of the forwards and never hides during the game, and it's all his fault that we can't score with one on one opportunities against their keeper? We had no attacking threat down the right hand side today which shows how we miss Gray, so why don't we blame him for that as well? Oh, and Malonga was missing today as well and we really missed his ability to hold the ball up and bring in other players - yep, let's blame that on Craig as well. You should try watching a game without the blinkers, it's much more enlightening you know.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Go and look them up then.

Someone listed them all.
    Don't know where to mate. Had a look myself at the games played this season. Can only pick out 4? 2 at Dumbarton, 1 against Rangers and 1 at Ross County. I'll have missed a couple for sure though

Left by mutual consent!
    I personally think Liam Craig does more wrong things than right, wouldn't be too bothered if he left, Id have trust in Stubbs to bring in a better player

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Erm I was more peeved at Oxley inability to do his job and deal with a simple cross ball than by anything Craig did.
    Agreed on the first point about Oxley today.

To be fair to Craig though he has been good in last couple of months but I defy anyone to not admit he had a shocker today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    Don't know where to mate. Had a look myself at the games played this season. Can only pick out 4? 2 at Dumbarton, 1 against Rangers and 1 at Ross County. I'll have missed a couple for sure though
    It'll be on the same style thread as this 2 weeks ago. 6 assists rings a bell.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The guy behind me who usually abuses Craig has moved onto Oxley now, hardly mentions Craig in his diatribes now, it's just some people want to come to football to abuse players, when I was younger and had the energy, I liked to abuse players but they tended to play for the opposition (or the refs and linesmen😉)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Agreed on the first point about Oxley today.

To be fair to Craig though he has been good in last couple of months but I defy anyone to not admit he had a shocker today.
    It's the over exaggerations that annoy me - Craig had a "shocker" while Allan was "superb", "sublime", "fantastic" or whatever other superlative is used.

The truth is Craig wasn't great but got better, Allan started off well and drifted.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I don't agree with the unjustified abuse Craig gets but today he was poor. He gave the ball away cheaply in the build up to Nade's goal and then had the audacity to point the blame at Stevenson for conceding the corner. I also lost count of the number of 50-50 challenges he chickened out of during the game. Not really what you expect from your Captain.

Not one to normally stick the boot in but I just can't see a player in him. If only he had managed to connect with the ball near the end when defending we wouldn't have conceded the corner that led to their equaliser.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Not one to normally stick the boot in but I just can't see a player in him. If only he had managed to connect with the ball near the end when defending we wouldn't have conceded the corner that led to their equaliser.
    Agreed, don't see him as captain material either

It's the over exaggerations that annoy me - Craig had a "shocker" while Allan was "superb", "sublime", "fantastic" or whatever other superlative is used.

The truth is Craig wasn't great but got better, Allan started off well and drifted.
    Perfectly worded

It's getting embarrassing now the constant slagging off of some players at games and on here.

We have what we have so just get behind ALL the players.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    It's getting embarrassing now the constant slagging off of some players at games and on here.

We have what we have so just get behind ALL the players.
    Agree. Craig has been decent recently but was mediocre today. I think he plays better away from home due to the boo boys at easter road who always need a player to slag off.

In my opinion, he's not captain material but a decent player and folk need to get off his bsck. If they do, he will play better.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Complete and utter bollox. So it was nothing to do with Butchers horrendous anti football tactics, formations and team selections then?

Particularity in the second half. Allen forgot that it isn't all about him and that Hibs are more important. Too many times he slowed the game down so he could show us he is a better player than the rest on the park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I personally think Liam Craig does more wrong things than right, wouldn't be too bothered if he left, Id have trust in Stubbs to bring in a better player
    But you don't trust Stubbs being able to pick a captain?

Come on feel the noise from the DJ just before kick off. What was that all about? Brings back bad memories and should be banned.

craig

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Why is it when he makes a mistake or doesn't make the correct pass he alwats gets moaned at the by the same folk in the stands more than anyone else in the team? Harsh and totally unfair, IMO.
    you need look no further than todays game against Raith.Craig usually playing either backwards or sideways football yet again showed no heart and was responsible for us losing the ball in a casual way in last few mins..this together with Oxley yet again not coming for cross ball cost us the game.Craig yet again failed to acknowledge the supporters at the end of the match and just walked straight off the park head down..is that what we we have to accept from a captain of the team.?....that together with the legacy of his last season performance shows he is not the man for that role in my view anyway.We need to show spirit and determination for 90 plus mins not just 45 and Craig did not again show that example..hence the constant moaning I guess...that is a shame as we without a doubt should have had the match won in first half having played some good stuff and as we again feel a sense of deja vu re raith and the same mistakes,we need to LEARN from that and expect a Captain especially to show the necessary steel and courage to drive his team mates forward and not get involved in ref disputes etc etc....

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Particularity in the second half. Allen forgot that it isn't all about him and that Hibs are more important. Too many times he slowed the game down so he could show us he is a better player than the rest on the park.
    Never mind all the superb ball retention and defence splitting passes. OK he's frustrating but if he was the finished article he wouldn't be at Hibs.

Not sure how this has turned into the weekly dig at Allan by the way!

I tend to defend Craig due to the brainless abuse he gets from some erseholes in our support but he was't great today that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    You mean the corner that the currently sanctified and uncriticisable Lewis Stevenson unecesssarily conceded?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Why is it when he makes a mistake or doesn't make the correct pass he alwats gets moaned at the by the same folk in the stands more than anyone else in the team? Harsh and totally unfair, IMO.

It makes a change from Lewis getting it in the neck each week!

There has always got to be someone or something for a Hibs's supporter to moan about!

I have to admit though Liam did not have a good game today but he wasnt just the reason we threw away a chance to go second in the league!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    It makes a change from Lewis getting it in the neck each week!

There has always got to be someone or something for a Hibs's supporter to moan about!

I have to admit though Liam did not have a good game today but he wasnt just the reason we threw away a chance to go second in the league!
    Spot on

If he wasn't so painfully slow he'd probably get a bit more leeway.

Same for niggly fouls.

Same for moaning at the ref.

Shame all three have a tendency to happen one after another. Often.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I'd like to see Stanton back in. Robertson can do the dirty work on his own.