hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: just how

Will keep this simple -

missed chances - how many do you need ?

Poor subs - We played with 10 players when Handling came on. I just don't see what he offers? Taking Dylan off for a inexperienced youngster.

Leadership and focus - All you have to do is kill the clock or at least double up on Nade.

We have improved significantly and it's such a difference seeing players like Allan make passes like he did yesterday - but we need still to be mentally tougher throughout the club if we want to go to the next level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The late goals are surprising as it's only this week we were told we were the fittest team in the league.
    Don't think fitness is the problem with late goals, more concentration or lack of it, we seem to think all is well and going through the motions in the last minutes is enough.

Mental fitness and physical fitness..

Just how?

Just gonnae no!

The answer to the original question is **** knows.

I cant believe criticism of Scott Allan, the guy was outstanding .... the only failing I would say he has is that he doesn't shoot enough when he gets to the edge of the box. I would also agree that Stanton should have come on instead of Handing, Sam has more energy and gets into the game fairly quickly, whereas Danny needs time to play his way into it.

It is extremely frustrating that we are failing to get the results we deserve, because this Hibs team is better to watch than most of the dross have had to endure for quite a few years.

This takes me back to 2007 a we bit, when the best Hibs team we have had in the last 30 odd years couldn't get past a 1st division team in 2 matches and blew the best chance we have had since the early 70s to get a team into the Scottish cup final who had a realistic chance of actually winning the bloody thing.

Hibs eh!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The answer to the original question is **** knows.

I cant believe criticism of Scott Allan, the guy was outstanding .... the only failing I would say he has is that he doesn't shoot enough when he gets to the edge of the box. I would also agree that Stanton should have come on instead of Handing, Sam has more energy and gets into the game fairly quickly, whereas Danny needs time to play his way into it.

It is extremely frustrating that we are failing to get the results we deserve, because this Hibs team is better to watch than most of the dross have had to endure for quite a few years.

This takes me back to 2007 a we bit, when the best Hibs team we have had in the last 30 odd years couldn't get past a 1st division team in 2 matches and blew the best chance we have had since the early 70s to get a team into the Scottish cup final who had a realistic chance of actually winning the bloody thing.

Hibs eh!
    I think Dunfermline were a premier league side in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

They won the Scottish Cup the year they got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Auld age eh

Given how good we were at that time we should have hoovered up a team bound for relegation though.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post

Sure they lost the final did they not?

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post

Did they not lose in the final?

Was that not the "Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe" (or whatever he was called) final?

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Sure they lost the final did they not?
    Of course they lost. I`ve got the " Auld age " problem too NN, but I think we`d probably remember the pars winning the scottish cup just a few years ago.

Coaching Staff
    There is a softness about Hibs,not so much physical as mental,where Hibs players seem to doubt their ability to see out a game.
    The photo in today's Sunday Mail showing Nade's goal summed it up for me. Both Oxley and Hanlon like rabbits caught in a cars headlights, no challenge at all.

Unfortunatly we never took our chances and as usual far too weak at the back. More silly points dropped.