hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: just how

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me Mr Scott is beginning to show his true colours. I.e he want to play at a higher level, and now we can't win the league he's not really committed to us. Great player, but Id get rid. A number of others are just not good enough, but thats not their fault. In Stubbs I trust however..
    Utter nonsense.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    You're right. He can't be blamed for the missed chances - BUT - in the Falkirk game and today's game he made no attempt to come for the ball at the crosses that led to all 4 goals against us in these games. 4 goals conceded when we are in commanding position and 4 points lost as a result. If I was being super critical, his attempt to save the Jambos equaliser at ER was possibly a bit suspect as well. Most games he has very little to do. Don't know if it's lack if concentration or what but he is big enough and ugly enough to command his box in these situations and he just doesn't!!
    Get a grip.

It was ridiculously bad defending for all three Falkirk goals and weak challenging of Nade again by the defence today

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Utter nonsense.
    Your opinion fair enough, but he's a player that in my opinion will be gone sooner rather than later.

for me a few things wrong today ....
    Oxley - not just today but not commanding and doesn't instill me with any real confidence in him ... crossballs woeful...
    Back four were fine both Stevenson and Watson got forward ...Watson looked a bit out of touch but hardly surprising.
    Midfield - too slow in getting the ball moving a lot of the time, overplaying the passes at times, too often wanting to play world cup passes, wanting to walk the ball into the net ... all of them are culpable of not shooting enough at the edge of the box. I believe we still need a strong ball winning midfielder, Robbo does a good job but is not natural in that role.
    Forwards i know Cummings has been scoring goals and that is important, and Boyle scored today, but they contribute not a lot else, you never see them go past a player and are just too lightweight and too similar. We need a presence up there and hopefully Dje Dje will start next week get more game time under his belt.

Attitude we looked lethargic at times in the first half and after we scored, no urgency to score more, it looked like we were happy to play out for a 1-0 win, not pushing on just taking it easy ...
    We did not look like we had a plan B or C, because Raith dropped in and defended as we played with very little pace in our game.
    Handling substitution was not the right one, with dropping Dylan into the Robbo role we needed Stanton on who has the ability to take the ball at feet and go at players be direct, Handling hasn't got that about his game, he seems to want to be another Scott Allan and with world cup passes, to easily brushed off the ball as well.

I suppose the bottom line was that you cannot afford to miss all of those chances in a game and not expect a team like them not to create 1-2 chances ...we paid the price for not being clinical enough and I believe some of that is about attitude and desire ... we need Malonga back, El Alagui back and Dje Dje in to see what he can give us ....... but end of the day another 2 points dropped disappointing ...some players really need to get and remain switched on for the whole game or this type of result will continue to appear...

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    It doesn't matter who's got the arm band it's no going make us score goals. Out of interest who would replace him with.
    That's easy AS seems to like 3 5 2 so Foster in at the back and Craig out , and When Gray back he has the arm band. Got to say Watson looks more of a defender so could also help with 3 at the back.

@hibs.net private member

just how

To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's an individual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.
    Your amateur psychologist skills are letting you down....you are Indeed criticising Scott Allan by the way....you are questioning his application and commitment....you are also wrong on both points
    Last edited by bigwheel; 31-01-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The late goals are surprising as it's only this week we were told we were the fittest team in the league.
    Dont think it's down to fitness , (although Nade seemed to get the better of players in the least 10 minutes )
    Raith pushed further up squeezed the midfield and we start to lose our shape and start panicking and just clearing the ball back to thier players Craig I agree does nothing as captain to sort it out .

Robertson going off and Danny coming on didn't help imo

We haven't had a great true leader in the team for quite a while. Nobody is the real lynchpin of that team IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Dont think it's down to fitness , (although Nade seemed to get the better of players in the least 10 minutes )

Nade got the better of Hanlon, not for the first time, and yet again we see us losing a very weak goal in the 90+ minute. We can't always score 2/3/4 goals to ensure we win games but we should be looking to close out a game 1-0 with minutes to go..........in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football.

The negative comments about Scott A astonish me. The man is a joy to watch and glides across the park, it's what class midfielders do. I was told at the start of the season (by an ex coach of his) that if his attitude was correct we had bought ourselves a potential top performer. The gaffer and his coaching team have done a marvellous job in getting him to "knuckle down and play the game". I will certainly enjoy watching him while he's with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearders View Post
    The negative comments about Scott A astonish me. The man is a joy to watch and glides across the park, it's what class midfielders do. I was told at the start of the season (by an ex coach of his) that if his attitude was correct we had bought ourselves a potential top performer. The gaffer and his coaching team have done a marvellous job in getting him to "knuckle down and play the game". I will certainly enjoy watching him while he's with us.
    He's soon going to get fed up laying chances on a plate for his team mates and watching in disbelief as they squander easy chance after chance.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    For me Mr Scott is beginning to show his true colours. I.e he want to play at a higher level, and now we can't win the league he's not really committed to us. Great player, but Id get rid. A number of others are just not good enough, but thats not their fault. In Stubbs I trust however..
    I cannae take any more captain...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Opinions eh? I thought Scott Allan was back to his best after a few below par performances and would have merited MOTM.
    Totally agree thought Scott Allan was terrific today you do get the impression some fans watch the game with their eyes closed.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    Booing at half time was a joke too
    They were booing the ref cos he ignored a clear pen for us

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    You'd "get rid" of a "great player"? (Your quotes!)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Totally agree thought Scott Allan was terrific today you do get the impression some fans watch the game with their eyes closed.
    I know. Guy next to me Today says Allan needs to stop showing off!! Jeez! He is the best talent we have seen since Franck and Russell and after the fenlon dull football years and Butcher no football year I simply love watch Allan "showing off" I would give him a five year deal right now.

The thing is he isn't showing off at all - he is just thinking bigger. A few times today he held off making the pass everyone wanted to make an ever more effective later pass.

I know it's only a couple of people on this thread, but let's please not complain about someone trying to play football eh? It's about time we had someone like Scott Allan.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I know. Guy next to me Today says Allan needs to stop showing off!! Jeez! He is the best talent we have seen since Franck and Russell and after the fenlon dull football years and Butcher no football year I simply love watch Allan "showing off" I would give him a five year deal right now.

The thing is he isn't showing off at all - he is just thinking bigger. A few times today he held off making the pass everyone wanted to make an ever more effective later pass.

I know it's only a couple of people on this thread, but let's please not complain about someone trying to play football eh? It's about time we had someone like Scott Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    That is what makes a team a winning team. The team that takes its chances and has the desire to win. Getting promotion is a very important objective this year. I think that with AS being the Head Coach we have a good chance of it happening.
    I would counter that it's the ONLY objective...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    The Hibernian Way.

And that worries me when we get to the play off's, today was a massive game mentally for the players, get the win and we go above The Rangers and that puts the pressure on them with us playing them soon, yes they have game in hands but they need to win them, we should have been looking down on them in the league at 5 o'clock today, but we blew it again, is that mental block still there, Raith Rovers have hardly been doing good lately and we should have took the 3 points of them, simple as that, but as usual the Hibs way kicks in and we lose a goal in the last minute.

Home form has been okay but to many draws have been our downfall so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    No it isn't.
    Oh yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Annoying not to win but won't make any difference come the end of the season, we'll still finish 3rd regardless.
    QOTS are still there.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I've read some utterly embarrassing things on here at times, but I think that tops the lot.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I've read some utterly embarrassing things on here at times, but I think that tops the lot.

Has to be a wind up!

@hibs.net private member
    I thought we played pretty well today although at times we could have moved it quicker. I thought Scott A was the MOTM and his decision making was better than of late. He hardly gave the ball away in the whole game and created quite a few good chances. Liam Craig started the game very poorly giving the ball away a good few times but I thought he got better as the half went on and was fine in the second half. Robertson going off was the big change for me. Danny offered nothing and we got the double whammy of Dylan dropping deeper. I would have put Stanton on as he has the ability to drive past players.

Our finishing and positioning up front was very poor today. Their keeper spilled a couple of time and no poacher to prod it home. I thought some of the crossing from open and set plays was excellent today but we never got on the end of anything.

I love watching attacking positive football but we have seen quite a bit of that lately and the last 5 mins of today should have seen us play keep ball. Given what has happened in the last few minutes of games at ER this year surely Stubbs would have got the message to play safe and keep the ball.

On any other day we could have scored 4 or 5 but we have done this so much this year that it can't be down to luck. Stubbs say we are the fittest team in the league but it didn't show today. Our tempo was much too slow and if we had raised it I think we would have won easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Has to be a wind up!
    Not a wind up, just feel this season hasn't turned out the way Scott Allan would have hoped for. In his words he said a few weeks back that Hibs had to believe that they were still capable of winning the league, or whats the point. I would say the point is that you go to win every game you play even if your first objective hasn't been met. And you do this out of respect for your team mates and the club as a whole as much as for yourself. Anyway, if I am dead wrong, and SA is happy and playing for us next season, Ill be delighted - and willing to eat my words, as he is exceptionally gifted and great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by guyll123 View Post
    We obviously should have won that at a canter. We didn't. Why?

Craig is still not doing enough on the ball for us. He is a passenger every week and as soon as AS finds a way around picking him the better.

Scott Allan looked disinterested today. He's had better games and will hopefully continue his recent form going forward. Was still one of better players today, though.

Great goal but need to keep that kind of pressure up from start to finish. Something we just haven't done this season.

Still, unbeaten run intact. I'm not complaining.
    You're joking, right? Scott Allan had a great game today, absolute stand out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    So let's think about this. Stubbs is generally considered to be a good manager by most on here - but he doesn't have the ability to do something as basic as pick a captain? Please explain.
    I've thought about it but can't see where I question AS's ability to pick the Captain - like most on here I too, think AS is definitely going to be a great manager for us. What I did do was post my opinion that I feel Liam Craig is too quiet for the job. I should have added (but forgot to) that maybe if he didn't have that responsibility, it might help him perform for us as consistently as he did for St.Johnstone ?. I like Liam, when he's on form he's one of our best players, but he's too inconsistent. Definitely improved on last season's form but still blows hot/cold.

I just feel we've had too many of these games this season when we've been well on top of the opposition but just unable to 'get over that finishing-line'. A more vociferous, determined Captain might just do that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Terry Butcher came in and changed br captain. Terry Butcher turned out to be a clueless ****.

Managers just cant go around changing captains esrpcislly when the guy has a good chance of playing most weeks. Good management by stubbs but hopefully when we go up Craig is replaced with some quality and Gray can captain for the next 5/6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I cannae take any more captain...
    Clingon on the Sarboard side ,warp Factor 3 ,Captain Kirk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    QOTS are still there.
    I know and I still think we'll finish above them, despite yesterday's draw.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    You're joking, right? Scott Allan had a great game today, absolute stand out.
    Allan created enough chances yesterday to win half a dozen games. I think he was getting frustrated at the failure to convert these chances but as far as some of the comments on here you have to wonder how many posters actually set foot in Easter Road.