@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hahaha were did I say that?
    Sorry mate, I quoted your post by mistake! Sorted now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I respect people have differing opinions...I simply can't get where you can possibly conclude that Scott Allan was mucking around or is any way not committed.....that is beyond me
    To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's an individual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

We know he's an immensely talented player, but the very best players in the world have to know when to do something fancy and difficult and when to keep it simple.
    Funny you counted 6 by Craig, I would bet Allan was similar, just getting sick of the anti Craig posts when I don't think he has played badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.
    He was absolutely superb and a joy to watch at times.

But he was part of a midfield that fell out the game, he still made some poor decisions and will become a better player id he acknowledges this, learns from it and takes responsibility.

I'm not really into "blame" but if it is to be apportioned he must be apportioned a small amount but not none.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    How many times did Scott Allan give the ball away?
    I don't believe at any point did Allen give the ball away or break down a Hibs, occasionally he overplayed a through ball or pass wide but it did not gift a Rovers player possession. Allen was the best player on the park.

I appreciate your post is a wide one though in defence of Liam Craig so if you'd like to give me some positives from
    his performances today I'm all ears.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.
    Why does it have to be any 1 player's fault. It's the team, who are collectively at fault.

We as fans were a bit stupid as well if I'm honest, in last 5 minutes, we had chances to take it into the corner or simply play out time but instead we stretched the game and gave them space when we lost the ball. Why I said, us as fans here, is that collectively, we scream them forward in last 5 minutes even though we just need to see out the game.

No direct blame to anyone. We just need to see out games. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    And he found that killer pass a few times today. Just a pity the finishing wasn't up to standard. He's way ahead of any other player in this league. How many times did he take the ball under pressure today? In the blink of an eye he's all alone and in space. Magic.
    He is indeed.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

We know he's an immensely talented player, but the very best players in the world have to know when to do something fancy and difficult and when to keep it simple.
    spot on

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Lets be honest better finishing from Craig and Boyle and we win 5-1 at least.

I think the biggest problem in these games are teams disrupting our rhythm and even Oxley doing the same. When teams slow the game down, we struggle to get going again. First 5mins of second half we were good and finally scored, then as could be seen, Raith goallie didn't rush kicks, still took his time.

Oxley did same and it could be seen that we were all over the place with rhythm completely gone. We still had chances but finishing was terrible.

Think people get carried away though, heard one person in West shouting "F*** off Petrie, same to you Farmer" while leaving after Nade scored. I could perhaps understand this if we were getting outplayed for 90mins but we were not bad and should have won. Either way though, what does Petrie or Farmer have to do with bad finishing from Craig and Boyle?
    Totally agree with the oxley bit. We are much better when we play at pace. I don't mind keeping possession and passing across the back ( they can't score if they don't have the ball). But oxley taking forever with bye kicks just takes the pace out of the game. I also think it says to the opposition that there is still a chance if you can get the ball - whereas seeing the opposition passing it across the back must be so frustrating for the losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    These 6 home draws this season will cost us come end of the season.
    Agreed!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Why does it have to be any 1 player's fault. It's the team, who are collectively at fault.

We as fans were a bit stupid as well if I'm honest, in last 5 minutes, we had chances to take it into the corner or simply play out time but instead we stretched the game and gave them space when we lost the ball. Why I said, us as fans here, is that collectively, we scream them forward in last 5 minutes even though we just need to see out the game.

No direct blame to anyone. We just need to see out games. Simples!
    Well you could probably apportion blame to both Oxley and whoever was marking Nade for the goal. But the real problem lies with having all these shots and only scoring 1.

Funny you counted 6 by Craig, I would bet Allan was similar, just getting sick of the anti Craig posts when I don't think he has played badly.
    It wasn't me who counted the 6.

Trust me - I too am sick of the pointless, relentless anti-Craig posts. I hate the difference in reaction to his mistakes at ER to the reaction when other players make mistakes. I genuinely think Craig has been superb of late, I like him and rate him as a player.

I thought he was very poor today, way below the standards he has set for himself of late. If you think he was good today and want to defend that performance fair enough, that's your opinion. I'll be around to back you up in weeks to come when I think he has performed to a better standard than today, yet still comes in for abuse.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    I don't believe at any point did Allen give the ball away or break down a Hibs, occasionally he overplayed a through ball or pass wide but it did not gift a Rovers player possession. Allen was the best player on the park.

I appreciate your post is a wide one though in defence of Liam Craig so if you'd like to give me some positives from
    C'mon P, Craig had a poor 1st half but did come into the game just as Allan dropped off.

These types of games that we need "the best player in the league by a mile" to be pulling something out the bag, not dropping out if it cos he thinks he's done enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post

Did you think Liam Craig was that bad today, really? He probably should have scored but at least he got into the positions to do so, compared to last season he has improved considerably. As someone posted earlier it's a team game and everyone wants to pick out one player for blame. We should have won at a canter, like every game this season it's the missed chances that have cost us.

Gamer IDs

Trust me - I too am sick of the pointless, relentless anti-Craig posts. I hate the difference in reaction to his mistakes at ER to the reaction when other players make mistakes. I genuinely think Craig has been superb of late, I like him and rate him as a player.

I thought he was very poor today, way below the standards he has set for himself of late. If you think he was good today and want to defend that performance fair enough, that's your opinion. I'll be around to back you up in weeks to come when I think he has performed to a better standard than today, yet still comes in for abuse.
    Yeah, it was me who counted the 6 and that's when I decided to stop. My original post was my observations from today, not the past few weeks or months. Sorry if that has upset fans of Liam Craig, I don't believe I've ever slated him on here.

Quote Originally Posted by livi hibs 1875 View Post
    how match fit is Cerny dont think the goalie can take the blame for missed chances .
    You're right. He can't be blamed for the missed chances - BUT - in the Falkirk game and today's game he made no attempt to come for the ball at the crosses that led to all 4 goals against us in these games.

4 goals conceded when we are in commanding position and 4 points lost as a result.

If I was being super critical, his attempt to save the Jambos equaliser at ER was possibly a bit suspect as well.

Most games he has very little to do. Don't know if it's lack if concentration or what but he is big enough and ugly enough to command his box in these situations and he just doesn't!!

Gamer IDs

Did you think Liam Craig was that bad today, really? He probably should have scored but at least he got into the positions to do so, compared to last season he has improved considerably. As someone posted earlier it's a team game and everyone wants to pick out one player for blame. We should have won at a canter, like every game this season it's the missed chances that have cost us.
    I thought he was dreadful and you asked for a direct comparison to his performance against Allen's today, there was no comparison.

All season we've squandered chances despite various players getting into good positions. I just posted that I don't have an anti Liam Craig agenda, I just thought he was the worst player on the park for us today.

Left by mutual consent!

My seat is beside 3 old codgers who have a love in with Danny handling and the opposite for Liam Craig. They're ok with it they don't shout dogs abuse at him but it's obvious they don't like him. Anyway I don't think they have a good eye amongst them and every game without fail they mix up Craig with handling. If either of them does something wrong it's 'aargh c'mon Craig your useless' - even if it was handling. If either of them does something good it's 'well done Danny' - even if it's Craig. It's hilarious - but my point is that some fans will just no see the good that some players do - they only see the bad.

Apologies on my error, must have mixed the posts up lol

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's anindividual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.
    Think u should go to bed mate...your talking complete lilian gish to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    My seat is beside 3 old codgers who have a love in with Danny handling and the opposite for Liam Craig. They're ok with it they don't shout dogs abuse at him but it's obvious they don't like him. Anyway I don't think they have a good eye amongst them and every game without fail they mix up Craig with handling. If either of them does something wrong it's 'aargh c'mon Craig your useless' - even if it was handling. If either of them does something good it's 'well done Danny' - even if it's Craig. It's hilarious - but my point is that some fans will just no see the good that some players do - they only see the bad.
    FFU by any chance, they sound familiar

Apologies on my error, must have mixed the posts up lol
    One of us is going to have to get a new avatar.

Easy mistake to make.

Left by mutual consent!
    FFU by any chance, they sound familiar
    correct! Are you one of them or just sit near them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    It doesn't matter who's got the arm band it's no going make us score goals. Out of interest who would replace him with.
    Sorry but I disagree - we are in dire need of a Captain who'll constantly drive the entire team on. Ok, it's highly unlikely we'll ever have another Pat Stanton, but we definitely need someone who'll encourage them to 'get that winning-goal' when we're 1-0 up, a player who can be heard at all times cajoling, urging, prompting the team - Liam Craig (fluctuating performances aside) , for me, is too quiet !.

Persobally, I'd make Lewis the Captain - he's Hibs through and through, and I think the Captain's arm-band would bring the best out in him !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Sorry but I disagree - we are in dire need of a Captain who'll constantly drive the entire team on. Ok, it's highly unlikely we'll ever have another Pat Stanton, but we definitely need someone who'll encourage them to 'get that winning-goal' when we're 1-0 up, a player who can be heard at all times cajoling, urging, prompting the team - Liam Craig (fluctuating performances aside) , for me, is too quiet !.

Persobally, I'd make Lewis the Captain - he's Hibs through and through, and I think the Captain's arm-band would bring the best out in him !
    So let's think about this. Stubbs is generally considered to be a good manager by most on here - but he doesn't have the ability to do something as basic as pick a captain? Please explain.

I've come to the conclusion that we're cursed.

It's the only way to explain how we didn't win that by at least 4 or 5 goals today and the same goes for other matches throughout the season where we've only picked up one point.

I'm still hopeful that we can finish second but, to be honest, results like today's are making me feel a lot less confident.

We've had far too many draws at home against the better teams in this division.

Our home record so far against Hearts, Sevco, Queen of the South, Falkirk and Raith Rovers is;

P-7
    W-1
    D-5
    L-1
    F-10
    A-7

We have failed to beat Falkirk, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers at Easter Road in five attempts this season. We also drew against Dumbarton in the one match we've played against them at home so far. The annoying thing is that in a lot of these games, we were actually winning. 1-0 today until stoppage time, 1-0 against Hearts until stoppage time, 3-1 against Falkirk, 1-0 against Raith Rovers the last time they were at Easter Road.

Although there's a lot of improvements being made at the club, I don't think it's wrong to point out the negatives and what I've explained above is not good enough unfortunately and will possibly cost us second place and mean that we need to play an extra two play off matches.

@hibs.net private member
    Who is Mr Scott? If you're talking about Allan he was man of the match by the length of Easter Road.
    Correct some absolutely unbelievable reverse passes and several other passes that Cummings and Boyle did not read at all.

He is miles ahead of everyone on the pitch bar McGeogh

Could see him getting frustrated at the forwards not making the correct moves into space

He has has a few stray passes in recent weeks but can't recall any today

We should have been at least 4 up by half time

Craig and Boyle should have had hat tricks today and Cummings a brace. Craig's two headers were glaring misses and Cummings should have leathered it with his right foot when clean thro on the left but stabbed at it with his right

Thought we played great football first half but just couldn't score

After Robbo went off we didn't dominate as much and although I like Handling I felt he was poor when he came on today

Still think we will go up and the return of Malonga and his excellent hold up play and scoring record will kick us on again

Big Farid will give us another option as well

Would like to see us go 3-5-2 with Robbo sitting. Think it would give Allan and Mcgeogh more freedom to drive forward and control the game

Also think Forster's presence and ability in the air will help us at the back and in attack at set pieces

One good thing is today should hopefully knock the complacency out them before next weeks cup tie

The more and more sitters Hibs missed, and the longer the score stayed at 1-0, there cannot be many Hibs supporters who were surprised to see them chuck it all away right at the death by simply not being able to defend a set play. To rub salt into the would it has to be Nade who scores. Again, no surprise.

I would need to see Raith's goal again, but it looked like nobody picked up Nade in the box, there was nobody on the post, and Oxley didn't seem to come for the ball. To defend a corner at the end of a match as poorly as that was ridiculous. That's why Hibs didn't win.

Match stats:
    Possession 65/35
    Shots 25/6
    On target 12/3
    Corners 9/3

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Smartie;4289039]He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

100% agree with this and tin hat on here as I know this will annoy a few... but whilst I agree that Allen is a quality player on his day, IMO he has a hint of the "Billy big baws" persona about him... another poster said he seems a bit disinterested and I get this. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    correct! Are you one of them or just sit near them.
    Sit near them... the other week they were picking on Cummings, after beating two players and firing a cross into the 6 yard box they shouted "that's rubbish get him off", I asked what he done wrong apart from no one getting on the end off his cross but they never answered. It's the Danny love in that gets me though, he never does anything worthy of the slightest criticism not that I want to here players criticized!!