hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: just how

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't matter who's got the arm band it's no going make us score goals. Out of interest who would replace him with.
    Malonga when he's back and go 2 up front. Or Forster and go 3 at the back with wing backs to accompany. There are many different options we could play that wouldn't miss Craig.

It does matter who's got the armband btw. You need someone who fires the team up and gets that urgency that a certain team at the top of the league seem to have. Craig worries about his own game too much to have the burden of captaincy on him too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    We has more than enough chances to kill the game and we didn't take them. This is what happens when you don't take your chances, unfortunately for us, Raith did.
    That is what makes a team a winning team. The team that takes its chances and has the desire to win. Getting promotion is a very important objective this year. I think that with AS being the Head Coach we have a good chance of it happening.

Could see the equaliser coming, should have won at a canter. Poor finishing, Cummings was poor, needed Malonga. 2 points thrown away, have to agree Robertson should have stayed on, good to see Boyle score tho and would rather have seen Stanton over Handling.

Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    Could see the equaliser coming, should have won at a canter. Poor finishing, Cummings was poor, needed Malonga. 2 points thrown away, have to agree Robertson should have stayed on, good to see Boyle score tho and would rather have seen Stanton over Handling.
    Robertson was injured. Our midfield were very slow today.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    I thought bad decision making by the forwards cost us today, Boyle and Cummings were both guilty of being selfish in the box when there were players in better positions to score. Scott Allan not being quick and direct enough later in the game was doing my head in. On another note,,,,, not sure from where I was sitting but did Hanlon get outrun from Nade at one point in the 2nd half ?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Robertson was injured. Our midfield were very slow today.
    Ahh didn't notice that

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Lets be honest better finishing from Craig and Boyle and we win 5-1 at least.

I think the biggest problem in these games are teams disrupting our rhythm and even Oxley doing the same. When teams slow the game down, we struggle to get going again. First 5mins of second half we were good and finally scored, then as could be seen, Raith goallie didn't rush kicks, still took his time.

Oxley did same and it could be seen that we were all over the place with rhythm completely gone. We still had chances but finishing was terrible.

Think people get carried away though, heard one person in West shouting "F*** off Petrie, same to you Farmer" while leaving after Nade scored. I could perhaps understand this if we were getting outplayed for 90mins but we were not bad and should have won. Either way though, what does Petrie or Farmer have to do with bad finishing from Craig and Boyle?

Booing at half time was a joke too

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Who is Mr Scott? If you're talking about Allan he was man of the match by the length of Easter Road.
    I'll never get that the right way round.. But Scott Allan is one of these players who I suspect is not really committed to Hibs. Im happy to be shot down in flames, but as good a player as he is (probably our best player), I just feel this whole mucking around to no avail in the Championship lark is boring him. I don't believe in having uncommitted players at the club, it just breeds apathy. Anyway as I said on my earlier post, I trust Allan Stubbs is more than capable of making the right decision regarding him.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    I generallly support Craig but he was very poor today & again looked to have little confidence. Failing to score when clean through on a great Allan pass cost us two points.
    Despite the pass Allan was also poor, frequent bad decision making & almost looked as he was more cncerned with beating players close to him than spreading the ball to
    areas we could do more damage in.
    Too many missed chances & losing a goal to Nade in the ninetieth minute is just perverse.
    No point being the classier team with the classier players if we blow it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by guyll123 View Post
    We obviously should have won that at a canter. We didn't. Why?

Craig is still not doing enough on the ball for us. He is a passenger every week and as soon as AS finds a way around picking him the better.

Scott Allan looked disinterested today. He's had better games and will hopefully continue his recent form going forward. Was still one of better players today, though.

Great goal but need to keep that kind of pressure up from start to finish. Something we just haven't done this season.

Still, unbeaten run intact. I'm not complaining.
    Opinions eh? I thought Scott Allan was back to his best after a few below par performances and would have merited MOTM.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Booing at half time was a joke too
    Was that not aimed at the ref for a foul we shouldve had on the edge of the box just seconds before he blew for half time?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    I'll never get that the right way round.. But Scott Allan is one of these players who I suspect is not really committed to Hibs. Im happy to be shot down in flames, but as good a player as he is (probably our best player), I just feel this whole mucking around to no avail in the Championship lark is boring him. I don't believe in having uncommitted players at the club, it just breeds apathy. Anyway as I said on my earlier post, I trust Allan Stubbs is more than capable of making the right decision regarding him.
    I doubt it has anything to do with where we are. It's just the his character. It's why he's here.

Might have been :-) if so fair enuf.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Mistake was made in 86-87 minute when we had a corner. At a certain point in the game, we just need to take a short corner and hold the ball in there to waste time. Not what I want to see but I'd rather win at that stage and leapfrog Rangers.

Winning 1-0 is better than 1-1 if, like today, the expected garbage occurs.

@hibs.net private member
    I respect people have differing opinions...I simply can't get where you can possibly conclude that Scott Allan was mucking around or is any way not committed.....that is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Opinions eh? I thought Scott Allan was back to his best after a few below par performances and would have merited MOTM.
    He strolled through the game, he is class. Problem is when he gets in final third he looks for the killer pass, too often it comes to nothing.

Joy to watch tho.

Quote Originally Posted by guyll123 View Post
    We obviously should have won that at a canter. We didn't. Why?

Craig is still not doing enough on the ball for us. He is a passenger every week and as soon as AS finds a way around picking him the better.

Scott Allan looked disinterested today. He's had better games and will hopefully continue his recent form going forward. Was still one of better players today, though.

Great goal but need to keep that kind of pressure up from start to finish. Something we just haven't done this season.

Still, unbeaten run intact. I'm not complaining.
    What??!! Allan was outstanding today. Totally owned the game.
    If the strikers took their chances we would be raving about Allan today.

First Team Regular
    Go have a lie down, your posts in this thread have been ridiculous. Scott Allan was the best player on the park by a mile.

Liam Craig is always the scape goat, what exactly did he do wrong today, missed a scoring opportunity? how many other players should have scored today and never, just Liam Craig? Dylan McGeouch should never have been subbed, he was all over the pitch winning back possession and driving the team forward, while Scott Allan strolled around. We lost the goal by conceding possession on the left hand side that's where McGeouch was covering with Stevenson. I also thought Watson should have been pushing right up into their half of the pitch especially in the early part of the second half, but he rarely pushed over the half way line, this slowed the possession down instead of stretching them. Their goal was joke defending two at the back post unmarked and a keeper ball watching.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    What??!! Allan was outstanding today. Totally owned the game.
    If the strikers took their chances we would be raving about Allan today.
    I agree about Allan but Fontaine still deserved MOTM today. The thing that annoys me about Allan and McGeouch to some extent is that they either try to do too much or constantly attempt killer balls. It's difficult as it's obviously nice seeing this but I remember on more than one occasion today both of them taking on 1-2 men when Stevenson or Watson had 10 yards space on the wing.

It may be a case of them finding it too easy but ultimately players are judged on club's results and we've had some poor results whilst they've played.

All in all, I still think we are going in right direction and if you look at our stats in most games, we're a dominant force, we just need to make everything count.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Go have a lie down, your posts in this thread have been ridiculous. Scott Allan was the best player on the park by a mile.
    Agree 100% wish he had a shot on him tho

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Amazing to walk away from Easter Road today without a win. Cummings, hit the post, Boyle hit the bar from 2 yards, Craig missed 2 headers from about 6 yards, Boyle had to low drives saved when he should have done better, Cummings should have netted at 1-0. An incredible number of squandered opportunities. It's happened all too often this season.

Craig was abysmal today. I counted at least 6 occasions where he was responsible for giving the ball away in the final third when we were applying pressure. He broke up our attacks through sloppiness. He always chose the easy option when on the ball, there was a run Stevenson made where it was begging to be dinked down the line over the the top. He seen it, then played a square ball 6 yards to Allen instead.

On the subject of Allen. I thought he was excellent today, however, he is guilty of overplaying it and not releasing the ball early enough. Same with McGeouch. Pass and move lads. At times they both appear to want to take the ball a walk, fair enough, if we are 3 up and coasting. Not 1-0. McGeouch playing the defensive midfield role was hard to watch, Robertson was missed purely because Dylan was dropped back to replace him there.

Djedje, seemed to hog the touch line when he came on, Boyle then went wide left and Handling went through the middle, It was bizarre at that stage of the game. We appeared to completely lose shape.

Just some observations from today. I was deeply disappointed with our finishing. I just hope Farid and Malonga strike up a good understanding in the near future and we start putting teams to bed. You really had to see it today, to believe it.
    Last edited by Dobosz83; 31-01-2015 at 05:35 PM.

He strolled through the game, he is class. Problem is when he gets in final third he looks for the killer pass, too often it comes to nothing.

Joy to watch tho.
    And he found that killer pass a few times today. Just a pity the finishing wasn't up to standard. He's way ahead of any other player in this league. How many times did he take the ball under pressure today? In the blink of an eye he's all alone and in space. Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    Amazing to walk away from Easter Road today without a win. Cummings, hit the post, Boyle hit the bar from 2 yards, Craig missed 2 headers from about 6 yards, Boyle had to low drives saved when he should have done better, Cummings should have netted at 1-0. An incredible number of squandered opportunities. It's happened all too often this season.

Craig was abysmal today. I counted at least 6 occasions where he was responsible for giving the ball away in the final third when we were applying pressure. He broke up our attacks through sloppiness. He always chose the easy option when on the ball, there was a run Stevenson made where it was begging to be dinked down the line over the the top. He seen it, then played a square ball 6 yards to Allen instead.

On the subject of Allen. I thought he was excellent today, however, he is guilty of overplaying it and not releasing the ball early enough. Same with McGeouch. Pass and move lads. At times they both appear to want to take the ball a walk, fair enough, if we are 3 up and coasting. Not 1-0. McGeouch playing the defensive midfield role was hard to watch, Robertson was missed purely because Dylan was dropped back to replace him there.

Djedje, seemed to hog the touch line when he came on, Boyle then went wide left and Handling went through the middle, It was bizarre at that stage of the game. We appeared to completely lose shape.

Just some observations from today. I was deeply disappointes with out finishing. I just hope Farid and Malonga strike up a good understanding in the near future and we start putting teams to bed. You really had to see it today, to believe it.
    How many times did Scott Allan give the ball away?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    Liam Craig is always the scape goat, what exactly did he do wrong today, missed a scoring opportunity? how many other players should have scored today and never, just Liam Craig? Dylan McGeouch should never have been subbed, he was all over the pitch winning back possession and driving the team forward, while Scott Allan strolled around. We lost the goal by conceding possession on the left hand side that's where McGeouch was covering with Stevenson. I also thought Watson should have been pushing right up into their half of the pitch especially in the early part of the second half, but he rarely pushed over the half way line, this slowed the possession down instead of stretching them. Their goal was joke defending two at the back post unmarked and a keeper ball watching.
    I like Liam Craig and have defended him in the past. I think he has been superb over the past few months and has become a very important part of the way we play but I thought he was poor today. I recall him missing several chances, giving away possession, missing tackles and I thought he looked slow and lethargic once or twice when was played in, not to mention struggling to get a few crosses away. When Robertson and McGeoch went off we really needed him to step up but it didn't happen.

Allan was immense in places but he was strolling at times and made some very poor decisions later in the game (especially one time when he held onto the ball way too long instead of playing Handling in).

I thought Watson generally did well but looked knackered towards the end. I don't know how much football he's played recently so he may not have the energy levels yet that we're used to seeing from the likes of Gray.

I agree that their goal was awful, I must admit that any header in the 6 yard box has me looking at the keeper but I'd need to see it again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Makes you wonder if we'll beat Arbroath next week.
    only if you're a bottle merchant.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 31-01-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    How many times did Scott Allan give the ball away?
    He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

We know he's an immensely talented player, but the very best players in the world have to know when to do something fancy and difficult and when to keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.
    Hahaha were did I say that?