hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tiger Woods

I see Tiger's singles record is played 7, won 4, lost 1 and drawn one.

It will be tough for Rahm today. Depends which Tiger Woods turns up. Rahm needs to play better than he has to date.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Tiger's singles record is played 7, won 4, lost 1 and drawn one.

It will be tough for Rahm today. Depends which Tiger Woods turns up. Rahm needs to play better than he has to date.
    Rahm 2 up. Something not quite right with Woods according to McGinley.

Woods isn't beaten yet, not by a long shot.

Television viewers in the United States will be charged a "suggested" price of $19.99 to watch the pay-per-view exhibition between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in Las Vegas on 23 November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45984900

I'm sure the Yanks would love to watch it, but not for me.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 22-11-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Television viewers in the United States will be charged a "suggested" price of $19.99 to watch the pay-per-view exhibition between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in Las Vegas on 23 November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45984900

I'm sure the Yanks would love to watch it, but not for me.
    Game taking place on Friday. It really has the feel of two ageing boxers trying to secure that last bit pay deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/46287514

Left by mutual consent!
    Game taking place on Friday. It really has the feel of two ageing boxers trying to secure that last bit pay deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/46287514
    Exhibition match that fails to significantly attract my attention. Don't think either of them need the money but it certainly appears the way you describe.

In contrast to the upcoming exhibition match the World Cup of Golf began with a cracking first round in Melbourne with plenty of exciting golf played.

Well......anyone see Tiger's shot from under the bushes on the last.

Apparently within the rules of golf.

Replays showed the ball stayed on the clubface during the shot, but after lengthy discussions, rules officials decided against giving a penalty.

The PGA Tour's vice president of rules and competitions, Mark Russell, said: "We had to look at high-speed, slow-motion video to determine that the ball probably did stay on the clubface a little too long. But there was no way he could've known that."

Explaining the rules under, Russell added: "Basically, if the player didn't know he did that [hit it twice] and the only way you can tell is by using this type of slow-motion technology, he's exempt from the rules, so there's no penalty there."

Left by mutual consent!
    Albeit not winning the WGC I thought Tiger played some brilliant golf and looked as if his return to previous Tiger form has gathered momentum.

The atmosphere around Tiger remains one of awe and excitement with a perpetual buzz from the galleries especially when he's in top form.

Its entirely possible he could win the Masters if continuing to recapture his magic but whatever happens here's hoping he will be up there maintaining a concerted challenge for the Green Jacket as his presence alone generates increased excitement among the spectators.
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 01-04-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Don't want to jinx him, but looks like Woods is a major winner again.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Fair play to him I really didn’t think he had another in him. Possibly the greatest win in sport after our cup win in 2016. He looks like he enjoyed that too. No doubt about it. That’s his greatest win.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He produced the goods when he had too, all credit to the guy. The Americans have their hero back which can only be good for the game.

Yes Tiger!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Fantastic scenes at Tiger winning the masters again. Thought after the first nine that Molinari was all the way winner but the shot into the water done for him but he could easily be a future Green Jacket winner.

Well done Tiger, its what golf needed as he generates enhanced atmosphere and drama.

A special player. Sensational final day at what is one of the world's greatest sporting contests.

Magic from Tiger

I hope he doesn't start winning everything again! That would be a bit boring like Serena Williams or Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I hope he doesn't start winning everything again! That would be a bit boring like Serena Williams or Federer.
    I hope he does. Nothing better seeing tiger winning majors imo